Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Traxxas Summit forward Battery mount questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2015, 09:09 AM   #1

Default Traxxas Summit forward Battery mount questions

Hey there guys,
So I am working on making my summit into a decent crawler, and I want to mount my batteries somewhere on or near the front body posts so as to bring that weight forward. Has anyone ever done this? Or mounted a plate for the batteries? IF so please show some pics!

Last edited by CosmicBearings; 07-13-2015 at 11:08 AM.
CosmicBearings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2015, 05:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Traxxas Summit forward Battery mount questions

You have plenty of room to mount a lipo over the front axle for sure, if you can try and mount your esc further forward also if the wires are long enough, if not then leave where it is.

Lipo up the front and vented front rims will help a lot.
Bully2RockRomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2015, 11:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bully2RockRomper View Post
You have plenty of room to mount a lipo over the front axle for sure, if you can try and mount your esc further forward also if the wires are long enough, if not then leave where it is.

Lipo up the front and vented front rims will help a lot.
Thanks man didn't think of that moving the esc forward
CosmicBearings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 08:32 AM   #4
I joined the Band!

Getting the Summit to work as a crawler is something I have done. I stretched a couple of them 1 on a 22 inch wheelbase and another at 17.75 inch wheel base. I was able to move the Lipos forward and it works very well.
The very best builds came after these 2 builds. I used the best of what others have used as well as my self and came up with something easy to work on easy to get parts and very dependable. It is also very light weight for its size.
Some people have tried to fit the Losi LST diffs in the revo and have had 6s power through them with no problems. So with that in mind I looked into the LST2 as a platform to start a build that I could use and add what I like most in the R/C industry to get a quality rock buggy that looked good and worked better than anything out there. I went with the Traxxas Summit transmission with LEM Dog Carrier to get rid of the play so that crawling better. I ussed the Axial XL body for is quality and it's good looks this ment that I would have to stretch the wheel base. I was happy to do it and found that the outside drive axles front and rear as drive lines gave me the wheel base that I wanted 17 inches. Now all the axles and dive lines use the same parts! To stretch the chassis I used carbon fiber to the top and bottom of the rails that I sandwiched to get a very rigid and light weight chassis. It looks cool also. The losi LST uses a dual steeing servo set up and I used 400oz servos from Hitec to get over 800oz on 7.2 volts. To shift the trans I also used a Hitec HV micro servo so that it would hold up to the HV. I really like the size of tires that RC4WD offers in there 40 series tires and so I use them on 1/5 Rovan Bead lock wheels.
This may be a build that you might want to try.
twissted is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas Summit forward Battery mount questions - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas Summit/Slayer (Summit Lt) Trail Truck SummitOner Traxxas Crawlers 21 09-20-2021 11:38 AM
Forward or reverse rotation Traxxas 21t? ik632 Axial Wraith 20 08-28-2014 09:40 PM
Traxxas summit questions traxxas4fun Traxxas Crawlers 21 08-11-2013 08:45 PM