Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Summit Motor died

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2016, 01:19 PM   #1

Default Summit Motor died

Been looking around trying to find the best replacement option. Don't really want to drop a lot of cash on it (finishing up a yeti build), but would like to get a bit more speed/power out of it. All the info I come across is a year or two old it seems. What's the current best option? Leaning towards the single dewalt 820 option, but would spend a bit more if there was a good option. I might just finish my Yeti too and then get the summit back up and running... Decisions ugh
googs is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-22-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Summit Motor died

If you're happy with its stock ability, I would highly recommend doin the Dewalt conversion and staying brushed. If you want a ton more speed and power then the Castle Sidewinder 8th combo can be found for less than $180 shipped. I would caution you to know what you're getting yourself into with brushless. The stock components cannot handle that much power, period. The driveshafts will fail, the diffs will fail, and the slipper will wear very fast becoming a much more frequently consumable component. My friend bought a brand new Summit and it ran fine until he went brushless. $500 later he now has a very fast and mostly reliable rig. HTH
SCREAMER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 10:30 AM   #3

Default Re: Summit Motor died

I would also suggest the DeWalt. That said I have a brushless setup in my Summit and on 4S it has been very reliable. I have not broken a single part. I think it all comes down to the driver and throttle control. Maybe Screamer's friend had the slipper too tight...there are always variables.
Swampy is offline   Reply With Quote

Summit Motor died - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I think my BRXL or motor just died on me... Ernie W Electronics 10 09-16-2012 06:03 PM
summit motor heminutt Traxxas Crawlers 4 01-24-2010 07:29 PM
summit motor maxxed out Traxxas Crawlers 6 02-25-2009 04:30 PM