Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Traxxas Scale Truck - how it will effect the RC world

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 02:06 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Traxxas Scale Truck - how it will effect the RC world

Here's some info on the new Traxxas Scale Truck and how it might effect the RC world:

The Traxxas Scale RC Truck - Do you want it? - The RCNetwork

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RichMTB01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2017, 02:12 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Traxxas Scale Truck - how it will effect the RC world

Can't wait! Glad to have something new/different in the market
Scionizer07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #3
MODERATOR™

Speculation and spam.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 02:49 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee View Post
Speculation and spam.

Yes, as with anyone's opinion prior to a vehicle being released.....it is speculation. And no, I'm not Spamming RCCrawler. I'm a long time viewer and poster here. Check my build links for the Yeti/Yeti XL. I think I've put my time in here.

Old 02-14-2017, 07:26 AM   #5
Custom Carbon Fiber

I think in the world of Facebook its gonna be the greatest thing and best one out there. In the community that was there for the start of it all, it tends to be a little rougher to gain that internet fame here.

My positive views ....

Looks like they took some positive ideas from other failed attempts, hopefully they get them to work.

Seems they actually did research on some things instead of just throwing a scale body on something 4wd.

Im liking the portal axles and wonder about gearing. thinking more 2.2S parts

My not so sure side .....

Traxxas has never really been much of a supporter or viewer here that I know of. How are they gonna handle a community who's heart is in the hobby and can be very honest when it comes to dislikes. Especially on a forum board they cant control.

What is Traxxas gonna do now for the hobby outside of just releasing a truck to compete for a piece of the pie? I would hope we could see some support and publicity like they gave to short course when they came out there.

I wouldn't say its gonna change anything in the RC World, Brushless and Lipos were the last to do that. But this could definitely be a fresh injection of progress the hobby can and could use.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 09:47 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I think in the world of Facebook its gonna be the greatest thing and best one out there. In the community that was there for the start of it all, it tends to be a little rougher to gain that internet fame here.

My positive views ....

Looks like they took some positive ideas from other failed attempts, hopefully they get them to work.

Seems they actually did research on some things instead of just throwing a scale body on something 4wd.

Traxxas has never really been much of a supporter or viewer here that I know of. How are they gonna handle a community who's heart is in the hobby and can be very honest when it comes to dislikes. Especially on a forum board they cant control.

What is Traxxas gonna do now for the hobby outside of just releasing a truck to compete for a piece of the pie? I would hope we could see some support and publicity like they gave to short course when they came out there.

I wouldn't say its gonna change anything in the RC World, Brushless and Lipos were the last to do that. But this could definitely be a fresh injection of progress the hobby can and could use.
Let's be honest. Facebook is much more in touch with the "real world" than this site.

Traxxas isn't catering to the diehards like found on this site. They are appealing to the masses.

Traxxas advertises in motor sports more than any other RC brand that I know of so if they think it's worthy they will start advertising in the rock crawling world. I don't foresee that though.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 10:06 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post

My positive views ....

Very well said. I think what Traxxas brings is the mainstream, which our hobby never really gets. Besides the couple of movie props we have had and other niche items like KOH.

Old 02-14-2017, 12:58 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

I'm happy with Traxxas entering the fray, the more the merrier!

As far as interest in crawling and rock racing, I will say that this year's KOH got more coverage than those in years past.

Might have something to do with as father and son finishing 1st and 2nd... and the father being the first 3-time winner of the race!

I'd like to see a well-done RC version of his (Shannon Campbell's) Monster Energy Dragon Slayer released.

After all, Kraken released a very nice RC 1/5th gas buggy of the Levi Shirley KOH rig, but it's expensive and HUGE.

Personally, I like the live axle front and rear of the KOH winner-based Axial Bomber, but as many of the IFS Bomber conversions have shown, performance in many conditions is greatly improved by going independent.

Trick is to maintain the strength of the steering and suspension parts.

As Traxxas has loads of independent suspension experience but this scaler would be leading them into a new area, as they move forward maybe we will see more live axle vehicles - and eventually an IFS front and live axle rear setup.

(BTW - even though the terrain looked incredibly familiar, I didn't catch this fact until this year - the race is run on the land right alongside the Twenty-Nine Palms, California Marine Corps base where I was stationed in the early to mid 80's)

Last edited by durok; 02-14-2017 at 01:39 PM.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 02:49 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

They did give us the big bore! I'm a die hard axial guy myself. I will stick with my tried and true.
MUF DVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:48 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Let's be honest. Facebook is much more in touch with the "real world" than this site.

Traxxas isn't catering to the diehards like found on this site. They are appealing to the masses.

Traxxas advertises in motor sports more than any other RC brand that I know of so if they think it's worthy they will start advertising in the rock crawling world. I don't foresee that though.
This. They're going to sell a boatload of them at events like they do with the current non-crawler offerings. And a bunch to first time novice buyers at the store. Almost all impulse buys. It can only be good for us, getting more people in the hobby. Look at the amount of racers that got their start with Slashes before stepping up to more race oriented buggys/trucks, it's staggering.

End result, more people = more tires/bodies to choose from and more people to run with locally.
ghinmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:59 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Coming out of crawler retirement, for like the 3rd time in 8 years, just so I can post on this thread.

I really like this truck. From a design standpoint, it looks like they went to great lengths to get that battery down the middle, and did a fantastic job packaging the motor, transmission and chassis mounted servo. I think a lot of us sort of expected something like this from the SCX10II.

I would buy one.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2017, 07:53 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Well said KOM!
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 06:36 AM   #13

I think it's great traxxas is stepping out of their comfort zone. Like others said they've brought lots of new faces to rc. My first hobbygrade rc was a rustler. It will be interesting to see how the finished product turns out, but the one pictured has some really cool features.
frontedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 05:04 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

How will it affect* the rc world.

I don't know. I think it will depend on how much it costs and how proprietary some of it's components are. Traxxas generally builds nice stuff so I'm excited about the prospect of stealing parts.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2017, 06:00 PM   #15

Im so excited to it!! I was gonna buy a scx10ii kit but now im waiting for this to come out. I have 2 summits and an xmaxx and they all do what they are built for very very well. A dedbolt was my first non traxxas truck and by all means it is a very nice rig, and i really like the looks of the 10ii. Still gonna have to see what traxxas does with this.
Summitbasher90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2017, 04:36 AM   #16
RCC Addict

Coming soon ? https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...rawler/p630375
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Jeez a year away. Hope that changes to a little sooner.

xCoolHandLukex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Guys - there is another thread her that has many more posts and much more info - don't pay attention to the AMain Hobbies release date, pay more attention to the fact they freely admit this on the page:

"NOTE: Information at this time is limited, and purely speculation. We will update the product page when Traxxas gives us information, pricing and an arrival date."

Below is a nice bit of news (or rumor) going around:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/gener...ml#post5672601

And that thread has 16 pages of discussion posts.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 05:31 AM   #19

I personally see it doing well. Almost all there new stuff creates a buzz at least for awhile. The next step will then be a solid axle rock buggy or possibly an ifs/solid brushless powered buggy.
hotrod87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 11:56 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

The physics of the chassis are off & it will become the mistake that children will buy.
It will be great in the back yard & jumping off things (unless there is a fatal design flaw & it snaps parts regularly like an Emaxx).
It will be a great boost to the community, it will just never be a competition truck.

Last edited by GLwagon; 03-18-2017 at 07:54 PM.
GLwagon is offline   Reply With Quote

Traxxas Scale Truck - how it will effect the RC world - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc 1.9, 2.2 and 1/6 scale pics. With water added for effect. Norton General Crawlers 0 12-25-2015 09:57 PM
Brushless Traxxas E-Revo Vs Exceed Madbeast 1/8th Scale Rc Monster Truck hobbypartz Vendors Market 0 04-14-2011 09:13 PM
Has anybody seen the Nissan truck at Wally world? jwrape Chit Chat 34 01-17-2006 08:20 PM