Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TRX4 Sport Build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2018, 01:01 PM   #1

Default TRX4 Sport Build

Hello everyone...first post. Just got into RC again after more than 20 years....specifically crawlers..

Just wanted to share my TRX4 sport build. Haven't found much online regarding body fitment and such. As mentioned, got into RC about two months ago. About a month ago pulled the trigger and bought a sport. Hated the plain body. Always had a love for classic bronco's so I set out to make the proline 1973 bronco fit. Also, the ESC change you see is because I got creative after burning out the fuse on the 2075x servo and trying to solder a jumper. Fried my ESC. Bought the hobbywing 1080 and put in a CC BEC.

Well here are the changes I had to make to get the body to fit. I bought the Traxxas long rear body mount that's used for the Bronco/Defender, etc. Had to trim wheel wells a little, and I cut the rear bumper mount in half and inverted it. Removed the bumper. It was too long towards the rear and catching on everything. I was able to bring in the front bumper one space improving approach angle. I was also able to bring down the stock front body post one space. Also lowering CG. I was worried it would be top heavy, but i'm feeling it crawling even better now. Just wanted to share as there aren't many bodies specifically for the short wheelbase TRX4. Also, waiting to put on the Axial fender flares on the outside of the body. Hopefully cleaning up the trim.

Last edited by puravida; 10-25-2018 at 01:15 PM.
puravida is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-25-2018, 02:43 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: TRX4 Sport Build

Looks great! You got a good start going there lots more you could do but I really don't think they need much to great trail trucks. I just got back into RC myself after a four year break and I'm glad to be back!
kincer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 04:26 AM   #3

Great stuff! Looking good! I'd go for an interior on that one, or 'smoke' the windows.

I just finished the chassis part of mine. Waiting for a Cherokee body to come in as I prefer a scale version of a real-life vehicle. The sport body will go to ebay...

Must say the build was almost too easy. I've had Lego builds that were more challenging... I'm sure my 10yr old son can build this thing without my help. Which means that Traxxas did a great job!
MrWinterkorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:55 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Anything looks better with a Bronco body on top!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 01:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Welcome back to the hobby!
Good choice on the esc and bec. Also a good choice on the Bronco body, Broncos have avery short overhang both front and / good aproach angle!
Stollenritter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 11:35 AM   #6

that looks really good, I love the two tone paint job. FANTASTIC. I have a trx4 sport too. I am looking for bodies for it, Do you know where I can get a Rusted or Primer Looking body for the trx4 sport?
SSmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2019, 01:01 PM   #7

great looking truck, and its unique. great job. I love it.
SSmike1 is offline   Reply With Quote

TRX4 Sport Build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Trx4 Sport build Shawns303 Traxxas TRX-4 15 01-12-2020 08:41 PM
Help! HH revolver and trx4 sport FnFancy Electronics 11 10-05-2018 03:08 PM
Trx4 kit or trx4 sport mebeknob Newbie General 10 09-26-2018 10:38 PM
Harley Designs TRX4 Sport Mega Mud Truck Build Series ScoJac Traxxas TRX-4 24 07-08-2018 11:52 PM