Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: TRX4 Sport light kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2019, 05:59 PM   #1

Default TRX4 Sport light kit?

I want to install a traxxas sport light kit using a hobbywing esc and a airtronics receiver. Is it possible without using the traxxas esc? If so, how do I make it work?

Thanks!
RapidMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2019, 05:35 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: TRX4 Sport light kit?

If you are referring to the over priced featureless Traxxas light kit it would require the installation of the equally over priced Traxxas light power supply and to power the Traxxas power supply you would need to solder in a JST connector usually coming off of the battery plug. On the other hand, the MyTrickRC UF7 controller is plugged into CH2 on the receiver via the use of a Y cable. This supplies the power to the light controller as well as the brake light/backup light signal all for less money.

Last edited by Inspector86; 07-22-2019 at 06:50 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2019, 09:28 AM   #3

If the receiver has an extra port, you should just be able to plug the module that comes with the light kit into that for power. I use airtronics/sanwa receiver unused ports to power transponders on my race cars.
keecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 09:58 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I know I'm late to the game, but this is something I'm researching presently.

For the sport bodies, you don't need the Traxxas kit at all. You can use the nice molded headlight and taillight assemblies will any round 5mm LEDs (and 3mm for the front amber). TRA8116 and TRA8117 are the P/N for the front and rear.

With those, you can use an light controller you want to feed 2x 5mm whites, and 2x 3mm amber/orange for up front and then 2x 5mm red for the tail... then anything else to want to stick on.

So if you used something like the MyTrickRC Dragon, you should be able to do that ^ no problem with a 2-1 spilitter for the front and then the red LEDS on the trail/brake port.... and then have a bunch more ports/power left over for some of their light bars. Their UF-7C has a couple more modes that I'm trying to get info on for Crawling/U4C that aren't on the DPF docs... but emails have been trading slowly.

The UF series can do some more stuff, light control wise than the Dragon, but there's some differences in the power handling so it doesn't seem capable of supporting more than 1 big light bar or a handful of 2"/Spots. So it does *seem* like you could run a 5" and a 2" off it... but I'm trying to clear that up.

Or if you want to keep it more simple, HeyOK has some stuff that should pop right in and feed off the Rx for just head/tail lights.
SlidePanda is offline   Reply With Quote

TRX4 Sport light kit? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 or TRX4 Sport Kit? Help please. m4inbrain Traxxas Crawlers 13 09-01-2021 07:47 AM
TRX4 Sport kit svt923 Traxxas TRX-4 265 06-27-2019 04:16 PM
TRX4 Sport Kit or Axial Unimog Kit Jonnieblackburn General Crawlers 7 06-01-2019 08:57 AM
TRX4 Sport Kit or SCX10II Raw Builder's Kit? westerlycarrot9 General Crawlers 13 05-10-2019 10:34 PM
Trx4 kit or trx4 sport mebeknob Newbie General 10 09-26-2018 10:38 PM