Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Trx4 Chassis kit owner- what body will fit these fenders?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2020, 12:53 AM   #1

Default Trx4 Chassis kit owner- what body will fit these fenders?

Is there anything that fits with the stock fenders? I like the idea of mounting lights but I can’t find a body that will utilize it.

I figure the defender body will work but the outer fenders appear to screw into the inner fenders and my chassis kit inner fenders doesnt have any mounting holes for the outer fender.

I’m just confused I guess, what is the point of having fenders that don’t fit anything?

I have a proline body on it now, for an scx 10, so I basically ended up trimming off all the fenders from the body to make it fit. It looks terrible though.

I want a body that fits and am frustrated how much it’s all going to cost.

Should have just bought the defender Rtr instead of throwing money away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Boongoosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2020, 05:01 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Trx4 Chassis kit owner- what body will fit these fenders?

which stock fenders? There are three versions of fenders for the stock bodies.
1) The defender has the fenders mounted to the body. They really only work on the defender bodies (possibly the G-wagon as well, but im not sure)
2) The Bronco and Blazer fenders mount to the chassis. They cover most of the wheel well of the body but do leave a small gap. There are no molded in provisions for the rubber bumper extensions
3) The narrow fenders are an optional part. I believe they were intended for the Sport. These are a straight swap for the Bronco/Blazer fenders, otherwise the fenders replace the shock towers as those mounting points are molded into the fenders. These have molded places that can be drilled out to mount the optional rubber fender extensions. I put these narrow fenders and extensions on my son's Sport cause he likes mud and i hate cleaning.
splyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 11:02 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

I have a proline 4Runner that fit over the Narrow fenders that came with the Mercedes version.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 03:27 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

The fenders that came with your Chassis kit fit the Traxxas Bronco/Blazer body.

-The narrow fenders are an optional set that fit the Sport/G500 bodies (TRA8080)...and probably a majority of other brand bodies. There is also a rubber fender extension set that screws to the narrow fenders that trim easily to create a more custom fit (TRA8081).

-The fenders that mount to the Defender/Tactical are a separate set that mount to those specific bodies.
vinnieb729 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2020, 04:05 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by splyn View Post
which stock fenders? There are three versions of fenders for the stock bodies.
1) The defender has the fenders mounted to the body. They really only work on the defender bodies (possibly the G-wagon as well, but im not sure)
2) The Bronco and Blazer fenders mount to the chassis. They cover most of the wheel well of the body but do leave a small gap. There are no molded in provisions for the rubber bumper extensions
3) The narrow fenders are an optional part. I believe they were intended for the Sport. These are a straight swap for the Bronco/Blazer fenders, otherwise the fenders replace the shock towers as those mounting points are molded into the fenders. These have molded places that can be drilled out to mount the optional rubber fender extensions. I put these narrow fenders and extensions on my son's Sport cause he likes mud and i hate cleaning.

The fenders that come stock on the Traxxas Chassis Kit.

Old 06-12-2020, 04:15 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnieb729 View Post
The fenders that came with your Chassis kit fit the Traxxas Bronco/Blazer body.

-The narrow fenders are an optional set that fit the Sport/G500 bodies (TRA8080)...and probably a majority of other brand bodies. There is also a rubber fender extension set that screws to the narrow fenders that trim easily to create a more custom fit (TRA8081).

-The fenders that mount to the Defender/Tactical are a separate set that mount to those specific bodies.

Thank you so much for explaining this. I think I’ll just trim the fenders with a dremel for the next body. I wish Traxxas explained this better.

Old 07-05-2020, 01:22 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boongoosen View Post
Is there anything that fits with the stock fenders? I like the idea of mounting lights but I can’t find a body that will utilize it.

I figure the defender body will work but the outer fenders appear to screw into the inner fenders and my chassis kit inner fenders doesnt have any mounting holes for the outer fender.

I’m just confused I guess, what is the point of having fenders that don’t fit anything?

I have a proline body on it now, for an scx 10, so I basically ended up trimming off all the fenders from the body to make it fit. It looks terrible though.

I want a body that fits and am frustrated how much it’s all going to cost.

Should have just bought the defender Rtr instead of throwing money away.

I believe some fenders have the shock mount in them ? I bought Defender shock towers for under $10 and removed fenders on my trx6
Jeff6x6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Trx4 Chassis kit owner- what body will fit these fenders? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The Plan to fit a Gmade Sawback body to a TRX4 sport The Paddy Channel Traxxas Crawlers 24 08-31-2021 04:55 PM
TRX4 Sport body on TRX4 Crawler kit chassisc redpeppers Paint and Body 7 09-14-2019 12:59 AM