RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-crawlers/)
-   -   Best lenght of shocks for crawling?trx4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-crawlers/623202-best-lenght-shocks-crawling-trx4.html)

Malawi 01-28-2021 12:34 AM

Best lenght of shocks for crawling?trx4

Hi ppl!

So im trying to have the best point of center gravity.
Have noticed that other modded trx4 are sidehilling better then mine and realized they use other shocks lower shocks.

Going to try lower mine with a PVC tube om Piston but im unsure how low they should be for the best cg. 90 mm can i cut them to like 75-80 mm wuthout getting stuck in a rock later?

OutLore 01-28-2021 06:16 AM

Re: Best lenght of shocks for crawling?trx4

They might not be using shorter shocks, but just setting up their trucks with more droop so the body sits lower when at rest but the articulation remains the same (effectively the wheels are able to move down further than they can move up).

OnTheTrail 01-28-2021 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutLore (Post 6065617)
They might not be using shorter shocks, but just setting up their trucks with more droop so the body sits lower when at rest but the articulation remains the same (effectively the wheels are able to move down further than they can move up).

^^This^^ Plus on a TRX4 with good side hilling, they could be running a few strategically place brass bits. Definitely made a huge difference on mine.

Malawi 01-28-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OutLore (Post 6065617)

Ye i get your point, my was like that with maximum range on springs atleast in the frost cus its so heavy with all the brass weights. I did shorter mine now with 13 mm but i already regret it since i get shorter flex, but how do u set them up like that without changing the springs?

xagoras 01-28-2021 05:24 PM

Have you tried thicker oil in the springs?

Malawi 01-29-2021 02:41 PM

Nope i have not. But found more info about setups.

I remaked the shock again and put a small spring inside the shock like a semi droop. And ordered softer external springs

OutLore 01-31-2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Malawi (Post 6065662)
Ye i get your point, my was like that with maximum range on springs atleast in the frost cus its so heavy with all the brass weights. I did shorter mine now with 13 mm but i already regret it since i get shorter flex, but how do u set them up like that without changing the springs?

Where are your weights? If they are on the axles/hubs/wheels then the spring rate is going to make zero difference to anything.