Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Which kit?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2021, 06:19 AM   #1

Default Which kit?

Want to get a crawler for my kids and myself. Had a blast with my nephews over the weekend with their trx4 sport w/ traxx kit.

Was thinking of a regular sport or the bronco for us, but crawling with the traxx was super fun.

Any recommendations?
50misson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Which kit?

It depends on what route you want to go and how deep your pockets are

Seriously though, if you want to build one yourself you can choose between the Sport Kit or the Chassis Kit.

Difference between them is that the Chassis kit comes with all the electronics and you'll only need a body. The Sport has a clear body, but no electronics. It's cheaper too.

If you want an RTR, then you need to decide on the wheelbase first, because later on it might open up or limit your body choises if you want to change it.

The Defender and Tactical come with 324mm wheelbase. All the others, including the kits come with 312mm. Most after market bodies come in the 312mm wheelbase.

If you are good at building things, I'd say get the Chassis kit and a body of your liking to paint. Literaly hundreds of options to choose from. You'll enjoy the process more and learn a ton about the car that you will need down the road.
xagoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 04:07 PM   #3

Default Re: Which kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by xagoras View Post
It depends on what route you want to go and how deep your pockets are

Seriously though, if you want to build one yourself you can choose between the Sport Kit or the Chassis Kit.

Difference between them is that the Chassis kit comes with all the electronics and you'll only need a body. The Sport has a clear body, but no electronics. It's cheaper too.

If you want an RTR, then you need to decide on the wheelbase first, because later on it might open up or limit your body choises if you want to change it.

The Defender and Tactical come with 324mm wheelbase. All the others, including the kits come with 312mm. Most after market bodies come in the 312mm wheelbase.

If you are good at building things, I'd say get the Chassis kit and a body of your liking to paint. Literaly hundreds of options to choose from. You'll enjoy the process more and learn a ton about the car that you will need down the road.

I was undecided myself on which kit to buy. Nice little breakdown since body choices might make a huge impact on what to buy.
91300zx is offline   Reply With Quote