Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: light kits in Traxxas models

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2021, 05:04 PM   #1

Default light kits in Traxxas models

I have two Traxxas models that I have installed light kits in. I installed the identical kits in a rustler xl-5 and slash 4x4 VXL. The kit works perfect in the rustler but not the slash. I have swapped them out and both kits work perfect in the rustler. The only difference is the slash was on 3s and the rustler on 2s. I put the 2s in the slash with the same issues. What can I do, if anything, to get the lights to function properly? Thanks for any help on this matter.
bulldogrb84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2021, 05:18 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: light kits in Traxxas models

Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogrb84 View Post
I have two Traxxas models that I have installed light kits in. I installed the identical kits in a rustler xl-5 and slash 4x4 VXL. The kit works perfect in the rustler but not the slash. I have swapped them out and both kits work perfect in the rustler. The only difference is the slash was on 3s and the rustler on 2s. I put the 2s in the slash with the same issues. What can I do, if anything, to get the lights to function properly? Thanks for any help on this matter.
Are you using traxxas's fancy proprietary power supply?? Their LEDs are designed to only truly handle 3 volts I believe for any decent amount of time before burning up. Someone correct me off of wrong but, in my honest experience, my Traxxas LEDs tend to go by by rather quickly if simply powered by an external BEC, or any means other than Traxxas is the little fancy box with three wire sticking out

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2021, 07:59 AM   #3

Check the wires and plugs wiggle and unplug/plug back in... And then test the bad plug on a known good power source. Then check the distribution block ports. Could be the lights, could be the block. Why are folks spreading all the misinformation that traxxas has an underpowered distribution block? Any LED bulb can only handle a max of 3-3.4 volts. Any extra voltage is stepped down via resistors to 3 volts. Excess voltage say 5 volts, would actually start melting LEDs. That is taught in intro to electronics 101 in college. Final thought. My buddy runs the ghetto Amazon led rc kit they sell….my traxxas lights are way brighter…but with “less volts”…wow.
Billthebutcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 07:55 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billthebutcher View Post
Check the wires and plugs wiggle and unplug/plug back in... And then test the bad plug on a known good power source. Then check the distribution block ports. Could be the lights, could be the block. Why are folks spreading all the misinformation that traxxas has an underpowered distribution block? Any LED bulb can only handle a max of 3-3.4 volts. Any extra voltage is stepped down via resistors to 3 volts. Excess voltage say 5 volts, would actually start melting LEDs. That is taught in intro to electronics 101 in college. Final thought. My buddy runs the ghetto Amazon led rc kit they sell….my traxxas lights are way brighter…but with “less volts”…wow.
First of all; Me: Someone correct me off of wrong but, in my honest experience, my Traxxas LEDs

Ergo; YOU dont get to call ANYTHING about my "post" -following the above statement- "spreading misinformation". Im here to learn, like everyone else. Please go get yourself that 3rd booster shot or just be effing nice.

Read-Up! Mod-On! Crawl EXCESSIVELY!
23drumerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2021, 11:34 PM   #5

Are the electronics the same in both vehicles? How do you have the LEDs connected?
zenitram09 is offline   Reply With Quote

light kits in Traxxas models - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Name of the female connector of Traxxas light kits Jaak Electronics 7 04-13-2020 11:30 AM
FREE Traxxas AC Fast Charge Adapter W/ Purchase of Select Traxxas Models! RPP Hobby RPP Hobby 0 11-12-2018 04:50 PM
LED Light Buckets - Stock, 3rd Party & DIY for your RC models... 4WheelRC Paint and Body 2 04-12-2016 11:07 AM
Traxxas X0-1 Led Light Kits for any Vehicle.... scottanthony Non Crawler RC's 0 08-26-2012 07:42 PM
Revell Models Drops NASCAR Licensed Model Kits BJoe Chit Chat 9 12-11-2008 12:45 PM