Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Lost Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2022, 01:45 PM   #21

Default Re: Lost Control

Well The problem still exists. The one thing that I have noticed is that it starts to happen after about 15 to 20 mins of run time. After it “heats up”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SC Doberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-31-2022, 04:40 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

Well, I'll assume that you already unplugged everything except the steering servo from the RX, and the ESC from the battery.

At that point it can only be your ESC or steering servo. If you'd rather not replace both, you could just wait until the system warms up again, then unplug the steering servo. If the problem remains, you've found your culprit.

Let us know what actually solves this. I'm sure you're not the first, and won't be the last who runs into this.
Fallen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 06:09 AM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC Doberman View Post
Well The problem still exists. The one thing that I have noticed is that it starts to happen after about 15 to 20 mins of run time. After it “heats up”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did your receiver get wet?

I have never had an issue with the TRX ESC but I have never run one long. I Still have stock mini servos after about 3 years that work fine but that is the only Traxxas electronics I still have. I have had problems with TRX receivers and controllers. Was your receiver box wet inside?
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:52 PM   #24

I had the same problem with my slash. They run the same ESC basically. When it got "hot" it would run away or just lose connection. I replaced the receiver it was like $25 on amazon. After that it was fine but only lasted 2 batteries. Bottom line is traxxas electronics are unfortunately trash. That should be one of your first upgrades. I've had the HW axe in my trx4 defender for a couple years with no problems. Now it's in my trx4 gspeed and still works as it did day one.
dmconlydc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 01:54 PM   #25

I should also add that I run a spectrum tx/rx as well. I would start by swapping the receiver and see what that gets you. Seems like a comms problem to me.
dmconlydc is offline   Reply With Quote

Lost Control - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I lost my shiftgear control kokokrunch Newbie General 0 04-27-2018 06:05 PM
Winch piggyback control - Cheap, No CH needed / Proportional remote control CRAWLER75 Electronics 9 12-15-2017 06:03 PM
Lost touch - lost sircc forum billdconner Comments, Suggestions, and Help 2 10-01-2014 02:42 PM
lost demonoid369 Electronics 0 02-07-2008 08:29 AM
Lost MGS511 Chit Chat 10 10-26-2006 04:47 PM