Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Progress on my PVC axle nitro monster

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2007, 12:57 AM   #1

Default Progress on my PVC axle nitro monster

Ive been working on this truck forever. If I told you how long, Im sure you would all have a good laugh. I race off road nitro so theres not much time to work on this thing but now I have started back up again. Its my first build ever so if it kinda looks like a POS to you then thats why. I have already started to design my next truck and it will be alot better than"HOLD ON A SECOND DID HE SAY THIS THING IS GOING TO BE A NITRO?!?!?" yeah thats probobly what you are all thinking right now that this really will be a POS. Well maybe but I have good reasons for going with nitro. I want a truck that can jump, go fast, race and freestyle like the real thing. Im trying to make it look as much like a real monster truck as I can but still be a t-maxx. There is alot of work to do on it and some of the parts in these pics are not done yet. It may be ugly now but it will look awsome when the build is complete.

\

KylePipkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-2007, 01:27 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

um.............................
is that the rod sticking out of the case?
ON THE FARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:34 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I dont think its going to do so well on the rocks....not because of it being nitro but, that hole in the case doesnt look very healthy. I worry about the strength of teh pvc axles and jumping, I broke enough stock arms with independant suspension. You might want to consider calling a rock racer vers a crawler, I dont think it will go slow enough to actually crawl
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:06 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

I think you should name it "Tipsy"
Unholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 02:22 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by KylePipkin View Post
I want a truck that can jump, go fast, race and freestyle like the real thing.
must have missed this part /\

looks cool, hope you have fun building this.
clod booster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 03:15 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

hmmm, the first pic has no crank, no carb, and is a pullstart. the engine in the last pic has a crank and carb, but has a rotostart backplate. And he is going to use a bellcrank type suspension, like a stock TLT? I also see failure in the plastic axles, especially with a nitro engine.

Cant wait to see the rest of this build though.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 09:59 PM   #7

I do plan to beef up the axles more on the ends where the knuckels are so they wont break there. I think I will have problems with the axles near the diff cases so Ill just have to watch out for how I hit big rocks and other trucks. The truck will be top heavy so I will test it without sway bars and if it looks like I need them I will make some. Also something I noticed is in the second pic there is an axle housing brace missing but you can see it in the first pic. The bellcrank suspension is to get more travel with small t-maxx shocks. My next truck will be alot better. It will be bigger with light weight but strong steel axles. It could be both nitro or electric. If I had the nitro engine in it and I wanted to go crawling I could take out all the nitro parts and drop in all the electric stuff, remove the swaybars, lock the diffs, change tires and maybe tune the suspension a little bit. The way the chassis and roll cage will be built will look alot like a real monster truck.
Old 06-19-2007, 10:52 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

so, do you have am engine that works?
why do you keep showing us busted engines?
ON THE FARM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 04:35 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
I think you should name it "Tipsy"
No kidding. Make sure you mount a gallon of nitro above the engine. I'm sure that will make it more balanced!
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 09:33 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

haha some people dont like this thread but i am very curiouse to see how this works out for u, keep the pics and progress coming!
Turblankas13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2007, 10:19 PM   #11

one more thing I forgot to say. The solid square rods at both ends of the chassis were welded in just as braces while I was building it. They will not stay there. I will cut them out after I get the roll cage started.