Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: BluBlazer Emaxx Project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2007, 02:12 PM   #1

Default BluBlazer Emaxx Project

I was inspired by this site to turn my old Brushless E-Maxx into a Crawler. I had started to part the Brushless Maxx out when I got this idea, so here is what I came up with..

I wanted the chassis to look nice with Graphite sideplates, so I purchased a set of the NN Chassis plates to start. I went to MCMaster Carr and got some Delrin plate for the tranny mount and skidplate, and also ordered some Black Delrin Rod for my links..

I also purchased some TLT link mounts so I didn't have to fabricate much. I used Revo Axles to create the custom length driveshafts, and they worked great..

The shocks are Associated Blue Aluminum with soft Losi Springs under the ShockSocks. I used alot of 3MM hardware and tried to keep everything Blue and Black to match the body. Blue Countersunk washers, etc..

I used a smaller Traxxas gearbox 'Rustler' for the motor mount and Transfer Case. Locked up with Gorilla Glue. Using a 65 Turn Lathe Motor for power. The motor runs through a Mtronics waterproof ESC off of 7 cells. While the radio equipment runs off another 5 cells to eliminate the BEC and give the KO Digital Servo plenty of power.

The Axles are locked inplace with Delrin Material from the original shock mounts back to the hingepins. While the internals are locked using the Traxxas Spools. (I could use newer ring and pinion gears as these will POP when put under extreme loads.) I used MID CVDs to transfer power to the wheels. And put on Maximizer Solid Black Beadlocks with BBs for better weight distribution and looks.

I am currently running it on a KO Helios with Spektrum system, but may be switching it back to the TQ3 soon.

Fun little truck, but I designed it for our local SPEC class and after completion. Was informed that they discontinued that class, even though they still had all the specs and info posted onto their website. NICE.. I was told that I could run it against the Unlimited Trucks at the local events, so I quickly lost interest in dealing with that group..

I will get the pics up soon..
hood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Sounds like a great rig. Get some pics posted up for us to see.

Krystopher
Toph is offline   Reply With Quote