Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: newbie help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2007, 08:58 PM   #1

Default newbie help

where can i go to get a writeup on doing a locker and CVDs? I tried to pull the diff out and the axels but it looks like its in there unless im missing a couple bolts.. Also if i go to a lathe motor say 55t can i expect anymore power then the titans also what gearing should i run with the lathe motor!

Last edited by mudn4r; 09-12-2007 at 09:01 PM.
mudn4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-2007, 09:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Maybe a few pics of what you have done so far would help to clarify a bit if your missing some bolts there. I have a 55t lathe motor in my Maxx Crawler and it climbs very good. Im running a 8t pinion and 73 spur. With this motor you will TONS of torque and no top end speed at all...Titans are designed for top speed and torque but not as near as the torque of a 55t. Also the tranny should be locked into first to optimize the torque to the wheels.

chaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 10:16 AM   #3

Default hi

with one or two lathe motors im pretty sure if you go with one motor and good lipo battery it would do u good, and if ur using two motors it would probably be strong enough to snap ur axles,let me know,i will try my best to help
channo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 11:23 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Even with a good NIHM battery one 55t lathe motor would be enough.
Old 09-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #5

Nice truck! but im not looking to go all out on this thing.. just yet anyways.. So since a lathe motor cost around 20 bucks id go ahead and get one! plus that would cut down weight and allow me to have 4 batteries instead of the now 2 sets.. Also since driving the rig in the sand up dirt hills and thru rocks i need lockers!!! (Im not missing any bolts) I cant fiqure out how to get to the diff without breaking chassis plastic!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaman View Post
Maybe a few pics of what you have done so far would help to clarify a bit if your missing some bolts there. I have a 55t lathe motor in my Maxx Crawler and it climbs very good. Im running a 8t pinion and 73 spur. With this motor you will TONS of torque and no top end speed at all...Titans are designed for top speed and torque but not as near as the torque of a 55t. Also the tranny should be locked into first to optimize the torque to the wheels.
mudn4r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

You need to dismantle the A-arms. Then take the shock tower and separate the bulkheads from the chassis. After you separate the bulkheads the differentials are free. Does this help???:-(