Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2014, 12:42 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Re: My take on a Telluride Trail Truck

John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2014, 06:10 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

sorry to contribute to the derailment there, I was originally just checking in to see if you had done more to this thing as it was a inspiration for me into getting a telluride.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:20 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

It's nice to know that it's a decent bit o kit. I think the Telluride is the only Traxxas model I like. It just has a good.... stance? It's like the old beagle of R/C trucks.
Derek Larsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 08:49 AM   #45
Quarry Creeper

lol old beagle I like that, I have seen one someone lowered and put the drag tires all around on it. I guess it would be more like a basset hound now lol.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:32 AM   #46
I wanna be Dave

There's a few still out there. Agree with the OP, decent little rig with a bit of work. Sometimes different is fun. Once you get the weight balance sorted out and diffs locked, it's a go-getter.

OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2014, 09:07 AM   #47
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
... I like seeing people do different things with their trucks that way we dont have 100 SCX's running every get together.
You are absolutely right. what a bore if everyone at a run has the same truck and these Tellurides are awesome. I just missed getting a new one in a trade and ended up with a used Wraith.

At some point I will end up with a Telluride and appreciate the enthusiasm for the Telluride here. I've always wanted an RC that is the equivalent if my All Mountain, AM, mountain bike. Capable of climbing up steep technical terrain and then hitting the jumps, drops and berms on the way down.

That's the role the Wraith will take on. Thankfully the Wraith has a bunch of alloy upgrades that should make it pretty easy to trade for one of these or a when it comes time.
davemud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 09:08 AM   #48
wyd
Rock Crawler

This thread is exactly what I'm looking for. I want something different and something that I can easily order in parts to the hobby shop plus at Bumps and Jumps we sell tons of Traxxas Slash kits. I race some highly modded Slash trucks mainly for the fun of it and because I want to prove I can win with them and I have many of times at are indoor track.

I want to build something like Telluride I seen on this thread. For me it is just for fun and to trail ride with. If I want comps I will just race my off road stuff but trailing/crawling is just for the fun of it.
wyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 08:43 PM   #49
RCC Addict

This thread makes me want to sell my Wraith and get a Telluride. The Wraith can climb and crawl like a mother but is a pain to work on. I too race a Slash for the same reason Wyd does. Dare to be different. Everyone at my local crawling course either has a scx10 or a Wraith. The Wraith reigns supreme just because it has a wider track. The obstacles are more of a climbing over rather than needing the sick articulation the Wraith is capable of.
MaX-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 10:59 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

I completely hear you on what a pain in the ass the Wraith is to work on. I just built a MAxial WLO aka the Wraith Like Object. I call it a wide body scaler. Its the lower part of a wraith chassis with some link tubes for cross braces and some alloy flat stock for chassis rails and angle alloy. I always run hard bodies on it so it doesn't need or have the cage or interior on it.

Pictures of it here:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/RC-Tr...06760406043243

I still want and will get a Telluride at some point but I won't give up the wraith to get it.
davemud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:07 PM   #51
RCC Addict

I won't give up my Wraith either. It climbs like a goat. The guy I got my Wraith from put $2000 into it. I got that and my son's Wraith on a barter deal. After reading this and many other threads about the Telluride, I want one. I saw a guy on YouTube put a Novak 13.5T running on 3s, Method 1.9 beadlocks with TSL Super Swampers and he was driving the snot out of his Telly. And that thing could CRAWL! Cool videos.

My local crawler course just built a small Ultra 4 race course. The Wraith can be tippy if driven too fast, but I'll bet the Telly is better at speed. I would race a Telly on the Ultra 4 course.
Old 06-01-2015, 08:17 PM   #52
RCC Addict

Here's a video clip.

https://youtu.be/Uv4-hN_bFA8
Old 06-02-2015, 12:53 AM   #53
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX-D View Post
Here's a video clip.

https://youtu.be/Uv4-hN_bFA8
I have watched that video a few times. Thing is pretty cool. I guess he has the rims spaced out enough so they don't rub the front hubs. I tried my budddies stock Axial 2.2 tires and they just rub when turn. If I used a little wider hex I could get them to work.

Last edited by wyd; 06-02-2015 at 12:59 AM.
Old 06-02-2015, 08:53 AM   #54
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I won't give up my Wraith either. It climbs like a goat. The guy I got my Wraith from put $2000 into it. I got that and my son's Wraith on a barter deal. After reading this and many other threads about the Telluride, I want one. I saw a guy on YouTube put a Novak 13.5T running on 3s, Method 1.9 beadlocks with TSL Super Swampers and he was driving the snot out of his Telly. And that thing could CRAWL! Cool videos.

My local crawler course just built a small Ultra 4 race course. The Wraith can be tippy if driven too fast, but I'll bet the Telly is better at speed. I would race a Telly on the Ultra 4 course.
I guess those are the style rims you can run a special spacer that attaches to the rim to get different off sets? I'm not up on crawling stuff like that but what type of offset do you think he is using to get them not to rub on the front using that 2.2 rim? Is their a cheaper way to go rim and spacer wise to be able to use 2.2 rims so that I could really have a killer tire selection? I would be interested in buying a rim with a spacer to do this setup.

Thanks
Brian
Old 06-02-2015, 10:14 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

If you search the Telluride section on Traxxas Forums, you'll find a lot of information regarding running 2.2 wheels. You can add wider hexes to clear or go with a higher offset but that pushes the tire farther out of the fenders and (IMO) takes away from the Scale look that we're after. Short Course wheels (2.2/3.0) are about the only way to keep them tucked in.
John82601 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 10:41 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
I guess those are the style rims you can run a special spacer that attaches to the rim to get different off sets? I'm not up on crawling stuff like that but what type of offset do you think he is using to get them not to rub on the front using that 2.2 rim? Is their a cheaper way to go rim and spacer wise to be able to use 2.2 rims so that I could really have a killer tire selection? I would be interested in buying a rim with a spacer to do this setup.

Thanks
Brian
The same guy who did that video did a info type video about his Telly. He said he is using Vanquish Method 1.9 wheels with a Vanquish SLW 225 spacer. The tsl super Swampers are the 1.9 XL, which is about 1\2" bigger than a short course tire.

I personally like the size of that wheel\tire combo. Not exactly scale but perfect for bashing, trail driving and crawling. Every tire company makes a 1.9 sized tire. I think 2.2 crawler tires would be too big and look goofy. It'll also give you a little more ground clearance I'm sure.
Old 06-03-2015, 02:49 PM   #57
wyd
Rock Crawler

Max-D your killing me. I found that are one distributor carries the PitBull SC tires and has the softest version in stock so you know I had to put those bad boys on the order. Not sure when we will be sending this order since we don't need too much from their but I hope in the next 2 weeks or so. I would go with possible the TSL 1.9 setup but those Method Rims are too much money for me just trailing although they are bad ass.

Last edited by wyd; 06-03-2015 at 02:57 PM.
Old 06-04-2015, 04:27 AM   #58
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyd View Post
Max-D your killing me. I found that are one distributor carries the PitBull SC tires and has the softest version in stock so you know I had to put those bad boys on the order. Not sure when we will be sending this order since we don't need too much from their but I hope in the next 2 weeks or so. I would go with possible the TSL 1.9 setup but those Method Rims are too much money for me just trailing although they are bad ass.
Heh heh heh......peer pressure! I want you to be a tire hoarder!! LOL!!!!! A lot of guys a the crawler course have the Pitbull tires and they do very well. Awesome all around tire. I'm using both the soft and ultra soft SCT tires on my 4x4 Slash at the track and they grip very well. Very impressive.

Any idea what the difference is between the stock offset Telly wheels and the ProTrac offset in millimeters?
Old 06-04-2015, 06:57 AM   #59
wyd
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Heh heh heh......peer pressure! I want you to be a tire hoarder!! LOL!!!!! A lot of guys a the crawler course have the Pitbull tires and they do very well. Awesome all around tire. I'm using both the soft and ultra soft SCT tires on my 4x4 Slash at the track and they grip very well. Very impressive.

Any idea what the difference is between the stock offset Telly wheels and the ProTrac offset in millimeters?
Your right peer pressure got to me. I know the PL rims are 0 off set but the stock Telly wheels I don't know. I will check them out tomorrow night when I'm at the shop working and post. If they are like the Slash rim which I think they are I know it is probably close to 7 to 10mm because the stock tires stick out past the body much farther than my 0 Offset PL bead locks for Pro Trac suspension.
Old 02-02-2016, 10:47 AM   #60
wyd
Rock Crawler

JOHN82601 anything done to your Telluride? Getting mine ready again to use this spring. My new steering servo is coming in Wed as I stole the one I had in it for off road buggy I race. Can't wait to get my Telluride up and running again.

My take on a Telluride Trail Truck - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas Telluride Titanium Linkage Upgrade Blue Monkey RC Chassis and Suspension 3 03-10-2015 12:45 PM
New traxxas telluride 4x4 crawlernut General Crawlers 31 12-15-2013 03:47 PM
Traxxas telluride azwheelman Videos! 18 10-03-2013 09:17 AM
Traxxas Telluride zjguy721 General Crawlers 4 09-06-2013 12:07 PM