Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Blasphemy!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-01-2014, 10:34 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Question Blasphemy!

New project time, Traxxas Telluride TrailRunner, aka Blasphemy!

Here's a couple pics, and the build will start on Sunday

Has a decent amount of flex straight out of the box too!

Last edited by BJoe; 08-01-2014 at 10:44 PM.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2014, 10:42 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Blasphemy!

Um.....where's "a couple pics"? Sounds interesting in it's difference-ness
The DC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:45 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DC View Post
Um.....where's "a couple pics"? Sounds interesting in it's difference-ness

Sorry about that, the site and my phone aren't playing well together tonight
Old 08-03-2014, 03:24 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

The modz, they have begun!

Starting with a mild body drop

Then I swapped the never once used Titan 12t for a Trinity Monster Maxx 21t (wish these were still available, they make a great scaler motor!)

Then it was time to lay things out for a little fender trimming and bumper removal.

All the hacking is now done!

Now the last thing I've gotten done and photographed so far has been the getting the body destickered and ready for some bedliner..........which is currently drying.

I still have to change the diff oil to 500k, get the other pair of Proline ProTrac beadlocks to mount the Me Trenchers to, then give me a couple more paychecks, and I'll buy and install the brushed Stampede 4x4 diffs to gear the truck down. Might even get a little Model Master Flat Black Lacquer to lay down on the hood bulge.
Old 08-03-2014, 05:50 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The bedliner is dry!

Decided to drop the body a bit more and move the upper end of the shocks to the outside holes.

Here's how it looked after the above

And one final flex shot for the night
Old 08-12-2014, 01:17 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Finally got the last pair of beadlocks in and assembled then mounted everything straight out of the bags!

First thing Dad noticed when he saw it was the lack of width, so I showed him this pic, where the beadlocks are mounted on the left side and the OEMs are still on the left.

Then did a couple flex shots, lost a a bit with the shallow offset, and the reinforcement webbing catches on the front of the caster block too, nothing serious at least though.

Then when I got home after work, I colored in the lugnuts with the silver Sharpie I used on the Bug Body for my Fiesta

Plus a couple more table top glamor shots

Oh, and I also used some of the flat black lacquer from the Bug body to black out/anti-glare the hood bulge too

Now what's left to.do?

I still have to get the Brushed Pede 4x4 diffs (far better gear ratio over stock, would be even if this was a 1/1 rig!) and will be building whole new assemblies with the 500k oil in them, not sure what's going to come of the OEM assemblies after the parts are swapped just yet since I don't have any of the other 4x4 trucks in my fleet. I also have a couple pairs of HPI's soft SCT foams on order too, should work much better at crawling than the standard Proline SCT foams do. Another plus of running those beadlocks is that with the way they're designed, I should be able to weight them with lead and still not have them be noticeable until you break the wheel and tire back down!
Old 08-12-2014, 07:22 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Bombed around some of the parking lot after work tonight, crawling up and over the curbs and zipping through the mulch. Did surprisingly well, considering that the stock diffs still have the 100k oil in them. I also found that the front rims binding on the front side of the caster blocks when at full lock can be used to my advantage! Turns out that if the airborn tire is turned to the point of that binding, it acts like the newer traction control and 4wd systems that use the vehicle's ABS system to lock the gripless tire, putting the power to the tire still on the ground!

Well, here's the pic I took in the mulch.

Old 08-15-2014, 05:54 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Ok, finally got the Brushed 4xPede diffs put together and installed and here's those pics, first two are the front then rear diffs, standard 4x4 on the left and Brushed 4xPede on the right

I also used the spider gear pin brace that is primarily used on the E-Maxx/-Revo, figured that it couldn't hurt having the extra weight and bracing in the diff.

Old 08-25-2014, 09:28 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Ok, mini update, I've since added RPM front camber links, which "work" but will probably replace them Traxxas 3644 camber links or the Lundsford Ti equivalents so I can use them on all 4 corners. Also bought a pack or the 3644's to use as tie rods, they're too short, but can be made to work, although those might be replaced with Lundsfords too. I also added the Stampede light kit to it too.

Now in tinkering with it, I joticed that more steering travel is available if I use the inner mounting holes on the steering knuckle, a lot more. I've had to dial in some toe-out to keep the tires from rubbing on the shocks (which I though was the u-joints binding), but it should be interesting to see how it does on the rocks.....once I get a chance to put it on them that it........

Here's a couple pics to show the angle and the new lights

And here another flex pic, just for the hell of it
Old 09-28-2014, 06:11 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Haven't shot pics yet, but I added the RPM Traxxas and Losi shock rod ends and spring guards and retainers............unfortunately, still haven't found time to hit the rocks with it yet............
Old 12-07-2014, 11:21 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Put a camera on mine, it's now offically "A DRONE!!!!!!!!!"

EFC-721 Camera
Old 12-13-2014, 04:56 PM   #12
I wanna be Dave

Got a few pics of my Telluride, SCX10, And Wheely King together on the hood of my XJ Today.

Also finally got around to hitting some rocks with it

It did well, but definately needs lockers though...........anybody know if the MIP diff outputs for the Revo will fit the MIP driveshafts for the Stampede 4x4?
Old 12-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Picked up some silly putty today before work, probably going to put it in on either Christmas or sometime afterwards. Also contemplating cutting off those narrow tread blocks between the bigger ones too........
Old 01-28-2015, 12:22 AM   #14
I wanna be Dave

Finally got the putty in the diffs and pulled that cage thing from the back of the truck. Also picked up some lead for forward weight (wheels and chassis), X-Long shock shafts to try and get more droop from the front suspension and a clear stock body to paint up in more of a Cherokee Trailhawk style, like below.

Old 03-12-2015, 02:07 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
The bedliner is dry!
What is the bedliner product you used, and what kind of tape did you use to mask the surrounding area? Did you have to remove the masking before the bedliner dried, or did you have to wait until after it was dry to remove the masking?
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 11:59 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

The bedliner is Duplicolor's rattle can stuff with their adheasion promotor applied first to the bare lexan surfaces, it sticks fine to any painted surfaces be it Pactra, Duratrax, Model Master's 2 Stage Lacquer paints, or what ever Traxxas finishes their ProGraffix bodies in. Have yet to try it on a body shot with Mopar's rattle can touch up paint though. The tape there is all Tamiya brand tape and I've also just cut the clear outter mask, then scuffed it with fine grit sand paper, and cleaned the lexan before shooting it, but any autobody quality tape should work fine if you have some laying around. Same with the flat black on the hood, just used Model Master's Flat Black model lacquer straight over the lexan after it's been scuffed and cleaned like above, no primer or promoter needed ther either.
Old 03-18-2015, 01:32 AM   #17
RCC Addict

I bedliner'd my fenders this evening. It looks great, but man what a lot of work it was to mask everything. I'm not sure what was worse, sticking bits of masking tape around the edges of the fenders and then trimming the tape with a hobby knife, or taping a plastic bag over top of the rest of the body. Still, I can't argue with the results.

Last edited by fyrstormer; 03-30-2018 at 12:21 AM.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 01:22 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Looks great!

And yes, masking the stock body is a PITA, be happy you didn't black out the hood bulge like I did too, it's an even bigger PITA trying to do both.
Old 03-24-2015, 08:30 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Ok, got to take a few snow pics today, so now this crap can go away and stay away!

Old 04-26-2015, 06:41 PM   #20
I wanna be Dave

Now that Mom is doing well enough and decided she wanted some quiet time, I figured it was a good time to take the Telluride out for a crawl on a rock filled island in a grocery store parking lot, don't laugh, it's more difficult than you'd think for what some could consider "Mall Crawling"

To give an idea of the terrain, here's my E-Revo tackling it a few years back.
https://youtu.be/9bYdUTcsANw

I'm going to have to try and head back to try it again and shoot some video of it and my SCX10 in the same spot before going to visit Mom in the hospital.

Blasphemy! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project "Blasphemy" CrawlnSlow Traxxas Crawlers 16 10-10-2005 11:44 PM