Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Traxxas Scale Truck - how it will effect the RC world

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Traxxas Scale Truck - how it will effect the RC world

Hopefully RPM will be all over making upgraded plastics for it!

I wish they'd make more for Axial than the very limited parts they currently do.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-18-2017, 01:07 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLwagon View Post
The physics of the chassis are off & it will become the mistake that children will buy.
It will be great in the back yard & jumping off things (unless there is a fatal design flaw) & it snaps parts regularly like an Emaxx.
It will be a great boost to the community, it will just never be a competition truck.
I don't know that you can gather all that from a few photos...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:09 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

It is only speculation, but the fundamental "heavy" things are in the wrong spot & the axles are cool, but it compounds raising the center of gravity.
It will excel at flat land crawling, but may not hold its own on near vertical surfaces.
GLwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 09:13 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

GLwagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2017, 10:25 PM   #25
BDR
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GLwagon View Post
It is only speculation, but the fundamental "heavy" things are in the wrong spot & the axles are cool, but it compounds raising the center of gravity.
It will excel at flat land crawling, but may not hold its own on near vertical surfaces.
I forgot that the SCX10 was the final word on near vertical crawling out of the box

I have read some absolute bullshit in my time, but trying to hang shit on this because of some half arsed grainy pics is up there with the best of'em mate

I am 100% sure this will sell.....actually I think it will out sell Axial , Traxxas just sells bulk cars, always have always will.......hopefully this thing is not a lemon, and the aftermarket throws some support it's way.....THIS will force Axial to stop treating us like mugs, and start working on their junk instead of just throwing a different Jeep body on an all 'new' car
BDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 09:06 PM   #26
RCC Addict

[IMG][/IMG]
TRX-4 the name
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 08:12 PM   #27
RCC Addict

[IMG][/IMG]
$489
Frank211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:56 AM   #28
Rock Stacker

Very excited for this truck! From the photos, and a guy I know who had some hands on action with the truck, its well thought out and performs great out of the box.

On top of that, you get traxxas reliability (I know they aren't tekno, but they are numerous steps ahead of axial), this should be a great selling rig!

Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

+1 for the RPM support. I am sure they will be all over offering upgrades for this.
flat6extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 07:34 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

This truck looks like it will be pretty dam cool. Always good to have another option out there for a crawler. As for the speculation about component location being poor, i bet there are very few of us who run the battery and electronics in the stock locations. I am a traxxas fanboy for sure and do hope rpm and other jump on the aftermarket for this and other rigs.
bongsten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 01:14 AM   #30

I'm not gonna lie. This looks pretty damn impressive. Even the stock body looks highly detailed.
LiqrSicc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 03:25 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Not gonna lie either, I do want one of these, but that may have to wait until next year, since I'm waiting on one of the new 4-Tec 2.0s to.get off back order.
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 09:55 PM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Will most definitely buy one of these and then probably not play with it for a year like when the Axial Yeti came out. One of the first people to get the Yeti, yet didn't play with it 'till it was played out.

Now that I say that, I've got one of the first AVC Spektrum radios still in the box, with shrink wrap. I need to stop working and get to work in my garage more.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:47 PM   #33
Quarry Creeper

here's the question I posed on one of the other forums, what do you guys think? I've been in this hobby sine 1985, and it seems to me like it could either hange the size of the scaler group or isolate traxxas more than they already are, from the rest of r/c. Traxxas is definitely unique and in it's own group at this point, does this change anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by makya View Post
now that this is becoming a reality, do you guys think this is the beginning of a different era for scalers, with such a big entity jumping in? will Losi or associated be next? HPI is supposed to be in this year as well, if the venture becomes a reality. Does ARRMA or ECX jump in with a 1/10 scale crawler, or does one of the smaller companies like MST get bigger because Traxxas being in the scaler game is going to legitimize it to the larger group of hobbyists that aren't yet into scaling/crawling?
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 09:03 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
here's the question I posed on one of the other forums, what do you guys think? I've been in this hobby sine 1985, and it seems to me like it could either hange the size of the scaler group or isolate traxxas more than they already are, from the rest of r/c. Traxxas is definitely unique and in it's own group at this point, does this change anything?
I've been at this since 1988 myself. Without any presumption, I think it is safe to say that the business case for selling enough units to offset R&D and tooling costs is strong enough for a player like Traxxas to jump in.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:34 AM   #35

Its so funny that somebody complains about the composents in the wrong places on it. Yet i got a deadbolt and started looking up mods to make it better and i pretty much reconfigured the entire truck! So its only cool when Axial makes poorly thought out shit. HAHA!! The deadbolt was my first non traxxas vehicle. I have had a jato, big and little summit, and an xmaxx. All the traxxas vehicles excelled in what they are made to do. And i dont see why this one will be any differend. Plus with a price of under $500. This thing is gonna rock. Look up the price of portal rc axels. I did and found them made by mad moose rc. Thy were over $300 for the set!!! And still made of plastic!!!!
Summitbasher90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 11:47 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.M. View Post
I've been at this since 1988 myself. Without any presumption, I think it is safe to say that the business case for selling enough units to offset R&D and tooling costs is strong enough for a player like Traxxas to jump in.

Oh I think traxxas could have made this as the very first crawler ever, and through their marketing sold enough units to offset the r&d. traxxas is a powerhouse here in the U.S. What I wonder is how (or if) It's going to affect crawling and scaling in a major way.

I think the timing of this being released is going to be beneficial as well, since they are releasing this at the time when Axial is short on stock. If it's as good as some people are expecting, they will buy this instead of the scx10 II and review it on youtube, which will prompt others to buy it as well.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Traxxas marketing takes on a 1:1 event or two to promote this.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:48 AM   #37

Quote:
The Traxxas isn't all that much bigger. The wheelbase is a 1/2" longer. People can easily make it a 1/2" shorter to get it to the oddly standard 12.3" length. The bigger issue is the width. It's around 1" wider than an Axial if my memory serves me correctly. Finding a wide enough body might be tough. I don't think this will hamper sales at all. Traxxas rarely follows and makes me-too trucks.

Traxxas needs to step up here by offering other body styels, but I'm guessing at least ProLine will offer bodies. It's a Traxxas so it's going to sell and most of those people are eventually going to want a new body so whoever makes them will sell a ton.
Old 05-01-2017, 11:59 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The Traxxas isn't all that much bigger. The wheelbase is a 1/2" longer. People can easily make it a 1/2" shorter to get it to the oddly standard 12.3" length. The bigger issue is the width. It's around 1" wider than an Axial if my memory serves me correctly. Finding a wide enough body might be tough. I don't think this will hamper sales at all. Traxxas rarely follows and makes me-too trucks.

Traxxas needs to step up here by offering other body styels, but I'm guessing at least ProLine will offer bodies. It's a Traxxas so it's going to sell and most of those people are eventually going to want a new body so whoever makes them will sell a ton.
I wasnt referring to the size of the trucks, but the size of the groups of people involved in scaling and crawling.

You're right though, I think they did change it up enough to make it unique in size. They're probably the only company that can get away with that too.
Old 05-01-2017, 12:11 PM   #39
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
The Traxxas isn't all that much bigger. The wheelbase is a 1/2" longer. People can easily make it a 1/2" shorter to get it to the oddly standard 12.3" length. The bigger issue is the width. It's around 1" wider than an Axial if my memory serves me correctly.
I thought I was the only one that thought the 12.3" was weird. I'm not sure why they just didn't go with a 12.5" wheel base, and a 9" wide width.
MD ENFORCER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2017, 01:57 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD ENFORCER View Post
I thought I was the only one that thought the 12.3" was weird. I'm not sure why they just didn't go with a 12.5" wheel base, and a 9" wide width.
They probably rounded 12.25" to 12.3" which would make sense. But .3" just doesn't look right.

Traxxas Scale Truck - how it will effect the RC world - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Misc 1.9, 2.2 and 1/6 scale pics. With water added for effect. Norton General Crawlers 0 12-25-2015 09:57 PM
Brushless Traxxas E-Revo Vs Exceed Madbeast 1/8th Scale Rc Monster Truck hobbypartz Vendors Market 0 04-14-2011 09:13 PM
Has anybody seen the Nissan truck at Wally world? jwrape Chit Chat 34 01-17-2006 08:20 PM