RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   4 channel radio on TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/585849-4-channel-radio-trx-4-a.html)

xgerstandtx 06-12-2017 07:02 AM

4 channel radio on TRX-4

Hey guys, I have yet to run my TRX-4 yet, but it has totally inspired me to get back into casual crawling after a hiatus.

I have a DX4r that i dig quite a bit. I would much rather use this vs the traxxas radio.

I have been thinking of using a reversing Y harness for the diff's. This would basically just be 2 position, on/off for the diffs.
Then using a Y bypass harness for steering with external BEC.

Am I correct in thinking this will work pretty easy? any tips or tricks I'm missing?"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Natedog 06-12-2017 11:02 AM

Re: 4 channel radio on TRX-4

Sounds like it should work fine, but stock radio so far is pretty nice with the Traxxas Link setup and Iphone. Wish it had more adjustments though.

binaryterror 06-12-2017 11:18 AM

It should work.

Or you can buy the Traxxas T-Lock for using the 4th channel on your radio but maintaining the same 3 position options. Traxxas part 5697.

xgerstandtx 06-12-2017 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by binaryterror (Post 5717923)
It should work.

Or you can buy the Traxxas T-Lock for using the 4th channel on your radio but maintaining the same 3 position options. Traxxas part 5697.

I've never messed with this but sounds like a legit solution. Have you used one yet?

blarouche 06-16-2017 10:26 AM

couldn't you run the front diff on one channel 2 position, and the rear on another in a two position as well. This would actually give you more options then the stock setup. I was going to do this with my dx4r pro. You can program the buttons were the trigger is to be a switch and then operate that way. Like on my axial 2.0 I have one for my winch, one for my light controller.

Greatscott 06-16-2017 12:19 PM

First, for the record, I hate all of you that have the TRX-4, you suck, you're evil, and I am extremely jealous because my LHSs suck, and I am still waiting on mine...

Anyhoo....

I am planning on using my DX5R for this rig, and already have the T-Lock module. I have hooked it up the radio with a couple of spare servos and does what it is supposed to, one servo moves half distance when you go from -100 to 0, and the other servo moves half distance when you go from 0 to +100. For around $10, it is a cheap solution for keeping both servo on one channel.

Ch. 1 Steering
Ch. 2 ESC
Ch. 3 Transmission
Ch. 4 Diffs (T-Lock)
Ch. 5 Winch (of course).

vanyar 06-16-2017 01:28 PM

GreatScott

Northern Idaho could be a drive, but I know several shops in Spokane have the TRX-4 in stock...

xgerstandtx 06-18-2017 06:51 PM

I ended up obtainging a T-Lock on the Ebay. I searched most vendors and all were out of stock. Looking forward to getting it put together."thumbsup"