Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: My trx-4 journey

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2017, 01:01 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default My trx-4 journey

So I read a lot about the trx-4 before it was released and basically figured I'd wait to get one till next year. Well that didn't go as planned lol so here we are.
Didn't even run the truck just started pulling parts off to make it how I wanted. I knew before I owned it that the stock body wasn't staying so off it went along with the bumpers and sliders and the tires/wheels. Modded the battery tray to get the small 2200 3s batteries I run to sit lower/further forward.
So far I have the mock up body where it will go,
I will mod the stock body mounts to make it work. I built new rear links to push the wb out to just a hair under 13". Plans are to build bumpers and sliders that are tight to the body. Got a pile of stuff coming from the lhs.
Hitec 7955 servo
Castle BEC
Proline swamper XL in 1.9"
Proline ford f100 for a tmaxx
I will most likely swap the radio out since the one in the trx needs a module to adjust things and the radio itself feels like it's from a walmart toy so I want to spend exactly $0 on it. Probably going to go with a cheap flysky since my spektrum is only a 3 channel. Hopefully I'll get the summer out of the stock esc/mini servos before I have to spend more on better gear. I have a couple spare sets of beadlock wheels just need to decide which ones to use and I have some CI foams to go in the tires. Looking forward to getting it out on the rocks soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by dittohead; 07-03-2017 at 01:25 PM.
dittohead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2017, 05:13 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: My trx-4 journey

Small update: the lhs I order my parts still hasnt actually ordered the parts after a month so I said F it I'll make due with what I have laying around. Dug out a old hpi ford body, shortened the wb of the body to fit the 12-15/16" wb of my trx (longer rear links) and swapped the body mounts front to back along with chopping and redrilling the front mount at the height I wanted. I also made 13mm spacers to raise the sliders up. Also swapped the bumpers mounts front to back and flipped them for better clearance. Slapped a set of scale shop wheels on proline swamper XLs along with exile rc hub weights up front. Just need to borrow a hitec 7955 and BEC from one of my other rigs and I can test this thing out this weekend. So far I've spent nothing doing these mods which is different then it usually goes lol

Last edited by dittohead; 08-05-2017 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 05:35 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Oops forgot pics

Old 08-05-2017, 08:16 PM   #4
clm
Quarry Creeper

Looking good! Excited to see your progress
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 09:26 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I raise my sliders about the same amount. Stock all the bumpers and sliders are really low.
fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:41 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr8cture View Post
I raise my sliders about the same amount. Stock all the bumpers and sliders are really low.

I agree as soon as took the truck out of the box I knew that wasn't going to work for me. The truck is really hampered by the huge bumpers and low hanging sliders. After raising the sliders I really like how they hold the sides of the body in place.

Old 08-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #7
RCC Addict

Added a beat up axial bumper and a 3racing dummy winch for some scale flavour. The bumpers sticks out far too much to stay but it will work until I build what I want for it

My trx-4 journey - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
my journey through diamond in the desert g6. puffntough760 Videos! 0 11-07-2014 01:14 AM
A journey @ mountain next to Rome seychelles Videos! 0 08-13-2013 03:00 PM
new member and my scx10 journey kay9 1.9 Scale Rigs 7 05-15-2013 01:05 PM
A Journey with Traxxas Summit Straffa Videos! 1 06-03-2012 04:23 PM
I seen Journey last night... Kamikaze Chit Chat 8 08-09-2008 01:47 AM