Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Keepin' the wife and moderator happy build

Link and aux leads from receiver box for quick tuning

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mudflap84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 08:37 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

My wife put three of these wheels together (threadlocker and all). High quality product,love 'em

Old 08-04-2017, 10:28 AM   #24
clm
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap84 View Post
My wife put three of these wheels together (threadlocker and all). High quality product,love 'em

Moderator assistance! Excellent!

Nice looking shoes they are for your TRX
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 12:27 PM   #25

Quote:
Hi, how it works de new Castle Slate in the Traxxas? I was thinking of buying the Tekin ROC412 but it costs twice as much as this Castle and makes me think about it.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 02:02 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
malickie,did you have to reverse the shv 500? I really don't want to buy the link for this sub-par Tx,but the way I'm throwing $ at this rig I may have to. Feedback on this servo would be great:reviews indicate people love it or loathe it. Should have named this thing(my build) Ready,Fire,Aim or Man bites Dog. My user name was going to be Bi-polar Masturbating Chimp with Crippling Dyslexia,but it seemed a little cumbersome. The reason I ask is I pulled the Hitec from the Dingo and had to reverse the wires with the soldering iron.
The servo can be reversed manually, check page 34 of the manual. follow the flow chart for channel setup to servo reversing. The T-link is handy but doesn't offer what a castle link can do.

I love my SHV 500, I use it on a very heavy Wraith, I busted it once by slamming into a wall at an angle (totally my fault) and rebuilding it was easy. Its got plenty of torque and is refreshingly quiet. Just remember you cant use 2S with it, it requires 3S which I see you are already but I thought its worth a mention.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-04-2017 at 02:08 PM.
HumboldtEF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 05:17 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumboldtEF View Post
The servo can be reversed manually, check page 34 of the manual. follow the flow chart for channel setup to servo reversing. The T-link is handy but doesn't offer what a castle link can do.

I love my SHV 500, I use it on a very heavy Wraith, I busted it once by slamming into a wall at an angle (totally my fault) and rebuilding it was easy. Its got plenty of torque and is refreshingly quiet. Just remember you cant use 2S with it, it requires 3S which I see you are already but I thought its worth a mention.
Got link so good to go. Thanks for the heads up HumbodltEF
Old 08-04-2017, 05:44 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Hi, how it works de new Castle Slate in the Traxxas? I was thinking of buying the Tekin ROC412 but it costs twice as much as this Castle and makes me think about it.
Take note sylvan, it's a Mamba MICRO X and Slate. CC says you need the Max for 3500kv. $154 from rpp for combo with sensor wire. Sensor wire is sold separately w/the micro.CC says it will handle 8lb rigs if not doing prolonged full throttle hill climbs. For my style driving it works great. Smooth and responsive in 1st for technical climbing/crawling. Tire ballooning burnouts and great rooster tail torque for mud whumping in second.No temp problems with esc.My daughter wailed on in second gear for 45 minutes on a 97 degree day with no issues and I have the motor cut off temp set at 150.Time will tell on the Micro but so far
Old 08-04-2017, 05:52 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Couple of pics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-04-2017, 07:17 PM   #30
RCC Addict

What kv motor did you end up going with?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:42 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightcs77 View Post
What kv motor did you end up going with?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
The 2850kv wrightcs77.It seems like a good balance of grunt and speed.Going to get a 9t pinion to test.I'm guessing this thing is pushing 18+ mph. It reminds of an older 1:1-I think of it as Low Range hubs locked and Hi Range unlocked(205/203NP transfer case) not first and second gear. Who the hell came up with first and second gear anyway?I know they are trying to make 'em look like transmissions with a tcase nowadays,but they've always been a tcase:some simply have Lo AND Hi now....think about it. Sorry,got on rant.It's a great motor to me wrightcs77. The sensor cable should be included with the micro and one piece . I understand Holmes Hobbies used to do this. Let me edit before I get the beat down. It is a transmitter of power from the motor to a flywheel(spur) to a set of out drive shafts....Shit.Can we call it a transmitter-case?

Last edited by Mudflap84; 08-04-2017 at 10:32 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:02 AM   #32

Quote:
Take note sylvan, it's a Mamba MICRO X and Slate. CC says you need the Max for 3500kv. $154 from rpp for combo with sensor wire. Sensor wire is sold separately w/the micro.CC says it will handle 8lb rigs if not doing prolonged full throttle hill climbs. For my style driving it works great. Smooth and responsive in 1st for technical climbing/crawling. Tire ballooning burnouts and great rooster tail torque for mud whumping in second.No temp problems with esc.My daughter wailed on in second gear for 45 minutes on a 97 degree day with no issues and I have the motor cut off temp set at 150.Time will tell on the Micro but so far
Thanks for the reply, I think I'll save some money and buy the Slate instead of the ROC412. In my case go with a Mamba X.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:53 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Is this a transmission or a differential? Well I guess both . In this photo it's a diff. Take basically the same thing out of a Stampede,turn it 90 degrees,and it's a transmission. Too many Stellas last night boys and girls*

Old 08-06-2017, 06:11 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Chassis looks neater with the diff lock servos gone. I'm gonna miss this feature (sigh). The bluebirds seem to be the best replacement pick in terms of size,torque,mg,o-rings,and $, but I can't find any in stock.Gonna clean up the wiring once the steer servo power supply gets soldered in

Old 08-10-2017, 06:42 PM   #35
Pebble Pounder

A few new packages are starting to trickle in. The Mother Lode should arrive next week. I'm going to put a bluebird 373mg on the front locker when it arrives(hopefully Saturday morning) and keep the rear zip tied. HumboldtEf's video makes me think I can resolve the locking issues for now,other than the flimsy plastic shift fork. Ideas from clm and Codyboy will be respectfully stolen and utilized on the 2 speed. Then I shall drive this thingy and enjoy it while we wait and see what develops in aftermarket support. One of the packages expected is a large rectangular box that will satisfy my parts changing impulses (for awhile). Thanks for the priceless knowledge thus far guys. Cheers

Old 08-10-2017, 07:03 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Is this a transmission or a differential? Well I guess both . In this photo it's a diff. Take basically the same thing out of a Stampede,turn it 90 degrees,and it's a transmission. Too many Stellas last night boys and girls*

lol, now I can let my inner automotive geek out,
That would make it a transaxle, typically used to shift weight rearwards in sports cars and like you said its both.

And on the subject of fixing the micro servos, I just got a replacement cable for the front locker and I'm curious to see if its shorter than what I have now, i just haven't torn it down yet.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 08-10-2017 at 07:10 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 07:29 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

Keep us posted. My front one is doing just like yours. It has been a thorn in my side since day 5. The slack has kept the gears from stripping like the other 2. I'll have everything electronic replaced on the chassis minus the rx lol

Old 08-10-2017, 08:06 PM   #38
I wanna be Dave

The odd thing for me is the servo giving me trouble was fine till last weekend.
Old 08-10-2017, 08:16 PM   #39
clm
Quarry Creeper

I will probably be swapping in a Flysky system in mine eventually when I get an 8 channel receiver. But I am going to try hard to not disable any of the fun features... For now I am not getting any issues with my servos (knock on wood) But I am also getting limited time to use the truck...

I can't wait to see what is in the packages.. ALWAYS fun to get new packages... not so much to pay for them...
clm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2017, 09:52 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

I just updated my video on the micro servo adjustment with my solution