Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: video of my brushless trx

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2017, 05:35 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default video of my brushless trx

had this thing for a few weeks and had to start working on it, I have a few videos up but this one gets the most attention. The truck has an MMP, BEC, ROC 3100kv, Hitec 7954 servo, ebay wheels, CI foams, Hacked Flysky and 3S.

This is one of the smoothest scalers I own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sPr1CrTwVs&t=4s
Exocaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-27-2017, 06:46 AM   #2

Default Re: video of my brushless trx

Good looking truck!

I think the TRX-4 would benefit greatly from the auxiliary wire on the Castle X series.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 07:45 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

yeah it does, my buddy has the same motor and his aux wire is for drag brake and its really nice but I found an awesome middle with mine. My drag brake is at 20 and it has a very controlled slow roll in low gear and high gear is very smooth to a stop as well. I like my vehicles to have a slight roll to them for descending stuff.
Old 06-27-2017, 07:47 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

The only real option for a radio on this truck if you want to keep all the functions and have a winch or lights is the 8ch hacked flysky. you can use the T-loc controller and make the truck work with a 4pl but you still have no winch.
Old 06-27-2017, 08:10 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
The only real option for a radio on this truck if you want to keep all the functions and have a winch or lights is the 8ch hacked flysky. you can use the T-loc controller and make the truck work with a 4pl but you still have no winch.
Wireless winch controller would allow any 4 channel to work with T-lock and have a winch.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:18 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

yeah but those are cumbersome and I've seen too many have issues, sometimes its simply trying to get it out of their pocket or dropping it so I stay away from those. But i have to ask, is there a momentary switch and channel you can put a winch on with the stock radio?
Old 06-27-2017, 08:50 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
yeah but those are cumbersome and I've seen too many have issues, sometimes its simply trying to get it out of their pocket or dropping it so I stay away from those. But i have to ask, is there a momentary switch and channel you can put a winch on with the stock radio?
Stick it right to your radio...that's what I have always done.

Stock radio is really only 4 channels. The diff servos use a T-Lock built into the receiver basically. It can;t be operated separately.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 09:03 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

I put mine on a shoe lace i put around my neck i can use it and still work the radio and i dont accidently work it in my pocket
solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:28 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

Most of my local guys use the hacked gt3c at this point to not have anything extra, I wonder if that new $$$ Futaba 7px has a momentary 3pos switch for a winch? I thought the stock radio was a normal Summit radio and had 5 channels, I have learned something today, thank you.

I know with mine I have 2 channels left over and they will be for lights, Then all 8 will be used and I've done 8ch trucks before and none of the buttons on the radio do what they are labeled! LOL I'll have something like this when done.

Ch1 steering
Ch2 ESC
Ch3 Winch on D/R
Ch4 2-speed on CH3 Trim
Ch5 Fr locker TH trim ( on top )
Ch6 Rr locker ST Trim ( on top )
Ch7 headlights and running lights on End
Ch8 auxiliary lights on Back

I have to admit, it gets confusing trying to remember what button does what sometimes, especially on one of my 4ws trucks.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:33 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

This where its at right now with the Bronco body swap, still have to figure out a front bumper to bring it back towards the body and build new lower sliders to get the COG down a bit more, add in the two light controllers and then I'll spend some time really working on dressing the wiring up, but for now the wires are out of the way of moving parts so I'm good. I really like the inner fenderwells so when I build the new lower sliders I'll make them tie together like stock.

https://youtu.be/WR1_eejOnFQ
Old 06-27-2017, 10:35 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

I have a few more videos of the TRX and other RC's on my channel if you guys want to see them. I put it on the rocks Sunday and that one should be up soon.

https://www.youtube.com/user/exocaged/videos
Old 06-27-2017, 12:04 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Ha I went to watch the video and it seemed familiar to me, scroll down and I've already commented on it lol. I'm JDM Enduro on the youtubes. nice video.. I stand by my comment, looks smooth and torquey.

Hey opinion.. would the CI foams be a good choice to replace stock foam after they are worn out? I noticed that when i'm climbing technical stuff my rear tires really flex which is great I think its helping you know most the of the time, but in a few months after they are worn to hell and it becomes too much would the CI foams be a good choice. I guess I'd want my tires to behave alittle bit firmer but not much. I wouldn't want it to have NO flex at all is what I mean.

Also what size foams are you supposed to run in stock tires, I thought I read in another post that standard 1.9s are too small for some reason? I guess I could always just buy new foam from Traxxas.

Last edited by Mountainsofbeer; 06-27-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Mountainsofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:21 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Thank you.

CI foams are always a great choice and I use them in all my trucks. The foams in these are the Lil Novas and are the 4.75" with soft outers, They work fine but I feel the 4.5" with medium outers may be the better choice and I may get those for mine. The 2stage foams from CI have a closed cell inner foam and a soft outer foam so two foams basically, the outer foam lets the tread work well and the inner foam holds the sidewall up and keeps the tire from rolling on side hills.
Old 08-03-2017, 09:50 AM   #14
RCC Addict

Quote:
had this thing for a few weeks and had to start working on it, I have a few videos up but this one gets the most attention. The truck has an MMP, BEC, ROC 3100kv, Hitec 7954 servo, ebay wheels, CI foams, Hacked Flysky and 3S.
How's your rig liking the brushless system?

Any breakage yet?
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 01:52 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountainsofbeer View Post
.. would the CI foams be a good choice to replace stock foam after they are worn out? I noticed that when i'm climbing technical stuff my rear tires really flex which is great I think its helping you know most the of the time, but in a few months after they are worn to hell and it becomes too much would the CI foams be a good choice. I guess I'd want my tires to behave alittle bit firmer but not much. I wouldn't want it to have NO flex at all is what I mean.

Also what size foams are you supposed to run in stock tires, I thought I read in another post that standard 1.9s are too small for some reason? I guess I could always just buy new foam from Traxxas.
CI DW foams for 1.9 Proline TSLXL work pretty well, Pro-Line also has some very nice shaped single and dual stage crawler foams available now too!

https://www.prolineracing.com/rock-crawling-foam
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 02:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
CI DW foams for 1.9 Proline TSLXL work pretty well, Pro-Line also has some very nice shaped single and dual stage crawler foams available now too!

https://www.prolineracing.com/rock-crawling-foam
Hi Nate, are your TSL from the photos the XL or the normal ones?
Sabre8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 07:47 AM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Great video Exocaged. Looks like you're getting similar performance to mine with the MMX/2850kv combo. I had to dial my drag brake back to 40% to keep it from doing endos when on one of the pets crossed it's path. This thing is fast and crawls well too on the 3s

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Mudflap84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:06 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Quote:

This is one of the smoothest scalers I own.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sPr1CrTwVs&t=4s
Powerful truck and slow crawl like a champ
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 04:47 AM   #19

Lovely. I'm thinking of a 3800kv 1410 castle motor. might be a little fast though
sunsetkid is offline   Reply With Quote

video of my brushless trx - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Another TRX-4 trail drive/video but mine is the best smelling Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 06-17-2017 07:09 PM
Short video of my brushless SMT10 chino Mega/Monster Trucks 2 08-26-2016 06:09 PM
brushed vs. brushless video battle to settle the debate stevem50 General Crawlers 59 11-29-2013 09:34 AM
Kyosho ROck Force with Brushless System VIDEO!!! stampedeproject Kyosho Crawlers 25 12-15-2008 10:22 PM