Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Tires or sponge, degraded?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-29-2017, 05:04 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Tires or sponge, degraded?

Quick question on the foams you guys are using in the canyon trails...

my SSD Assassin wheels arrived (damn they are sweet) so I stopped and picked up some Proline dual stage foams for the Canyon Trails. got them mounted up and the sidewalls had a lot of dead space between the foam and the sidewall. causing the tire to pooch out and rub on the tie rod end on the ascender. i realize the Canyon Trail tires (4.64 x 1.89 (118 x 48mm)) are wider than the Proline tires (4.73 x 1.76 (120mm x 45mm)).

in my hyrax tires with dual stage foams they fit the sidewalls perfectly, now i would not think a difference of 3mm would make a big difference but for some reason these canyon trails fit like crap. again i realize the canyon trail and hyrax use a different shape/size carcass.

should i have gotten the proline single stage ? imo i think they are going to fit and fill the tire just like the dual stage foams.

what foams would you recommend ?

Should i have gone with some c.i. deuces wild and a set of tuning discs ?

Anyway since i have already opened the proline dual stages i'm off to go grab some more hyrax or swampers tsl xl tires and save the canyon trails for later on.
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2017, 08:42 PM   #22
RCC Addict

Default Re: Tires or sponge, degraded?

Are they canyon trails?

I run the Canyon Trails with pro line 6173-00 single stage foams with great success and happiness . They do not rub the steering components on the TRX. Since you’re fitting them to the ascender, I’d say the different steering arm designed between the two trucks is the issue.
I like the pro line single stage 6173-00 in the canyon trail tire as they fill out the sidewall much better than the c.i. Foams imo. I find they side hill better as well. The CT is a chunky plump tire so you may need to space the wheel out about 1.5-2.0 mm to fit some knuckles.

I vote for these: Pro line 6173-00

Last edited by rockhugger; 11-29-2017 at 10:58 PM.
rockhugger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tires or sponge, degraded? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jesus sponge Kranberry Chit Chat 5 03-03-2009 04:12 PM
The AX10 polluted and degraded the 2.2 class! RCMFMaxxMan Chit Chat 182 04-28-2008 08:03 PM
screwed up sponge bob braceysdad Chit Chat 17 02-23-2006 06:53 AM
Sponge Bong Hemp Pants... radishkid Chit Chat 2 08-11-2005 08:08 PM