Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: trx radio binding

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2017, 06:43 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default trx radio binding

I went for a short trail run with my trx-4 an was trying a new line on a hill climb, ended up rolling about 4 bad times off this hill. then noticed my radio was blinking red, thinking bad batteries, couple fresh aa batteries still blinking red, ended up jumping on line traxxas website, an had to rebind the tx to the rx, all seems fine now, was it the couple bad tumbles off that hill that it lost its bind ? strange , all the rx wires seem to be nice an snug no pinching an dry, just odd to me that happened pretty easy.
fomoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2017, 07:28 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: trx radio binding

also wanted to add something, past wkend thinking the lipo cutoff was cutting off a bit to early, still had over 75% of lipo left, now thinking something is going bad, radio ? the rx ? the esc is a hobbywing 1080.
Old 08-17-2017, 09:45 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Of the 3 TRX's that i run with regularly, 2 of them have had their ESC poop the bed.

One of them started doing that, cutting off LiPo's early. then it wigged out completely and started activating servos at random. Then it smoked.

The other one just smoked.

Both were running 3S and stock motors.

*EDIT

Just realized you're running a HW ESC so the problem I mentioned is irrelevant.

I'd check your rig for mechanical drag. The excess load could be causing your batteries to "droop" and trigger the cutoff. Just a thought..
QuesoDelDiablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

well hoping this aint a problem , just got a message from another local guy in our club that also has a new trx4 an his radio wont stay binded to the rx, just completely shuts down then comes back on by itself, stop rebind then down the trail an llooses the bind with the radio ,gotta love traxxas electronics
Old 08-17-2017, 10:22 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuesoDelDiablo View Post
Of the 3 TRX's that i run with regularly, 2 of them have had their ESC poop the bed.

One of them started doing that, cutting off LiPo's early. then it wigged out completely and started activating servos at random. Then it smoked.

The other one just smoked.

Both were running 3S and stock motors.
I had my servos act up for no apparent reason, I thought maybe my gopro was messing with it. Its good to know what to expect, Thanks.

I do want a nicer ESC with more adjustments but I was thinking I'd just run with the stock electronics for a while. Time for some backup parts I guess
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2017, 10:10 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

well got my radio problem fiqured out, with the two radios in our club both times we was in a thunderstorm, well the trucks electrics might be waterproof but the radio is not, both taken apart an had water in them, cleaned an dried them, little wd-40 an one works one still dead, so be extra carefull in the rain cover the radio best you can, live an learn, oh yeah mine was the dead one, picked up a new flysky gt3c hacked for 6 channels, not gonna get caught in the rain with that one, lol
Old 12-16-2017, 04:40 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
well hoping this aint a problem , just got a message from another local guy in our club that also has a new trx4 an his radio wont stay binded to the rx, just completely shuts down then comes back on by itself, stop rebind then down the trail an llooses the bind with the radio ,gotta love traxxas electronics
I just took my TRX4 out for it's maiden voyage and same thing. RX will not stay bound. I thought maybe running a BEC with a bypass adaptor had something to do with it but I think in reality it's just Traxxas electronics doing Traxxas electronics things. Just gonna throw a Spektrum 4 channel RX in it and leave the diffs unlocked till I can buy a DX5c I guess.
Vedo is offline   Reply With Quote

trx radio binding - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
4 channel radio on TRX-4 xgerstandtx Traxxas TRX-4 7 06-18-2017 06:51 PM
burned up dig servo while binding radio?!? kowalski22 Team Losi Comp Crawler 5 10-08-2011 09:00 PM
Binding Losi radio to spektrum rx ecoli Electronics 1 03-09-2011 04:25 PM
RTR Radio binding with Spektrum Micro Reciever? mcho78 Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 3 12-04-2009 07:14 PM