Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Marauder

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2017, 12:05 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default TRX-4 Marauder

I put this all together last night it was really fun!

The body is about as thin as you can make it so its all the looks of a landrover without the hardbody weight. However its slightly too short and quality on mine was bad in my opinion. it was alittle bit cheaper than the others on ebay but I'm sure all these killerbodys are hit or miss with quality.

The soft-top pickup? body is about a 16th too short maybe more, more noticeable at the rear. I trimmed the rear quarter panels almost a half-inch but there is still some rubbing in the front at full compression when you add some steering angle but nothing too crazy. I won't know where/how much to trim until I get some more wheel time. Revo rod ends and whatever else you have to do to shorten the chassis might be done later but its close enough I'm not going to wait to do this before I run it.

Body quality is terrible lots of imperfections and even parts were installed backwards lol. Looks cool though.

So for mods its pretty simple I have Yeti body posts as low as they can go in the rear and the front I actually raised one notch.
The roof rack I stole from the traxxas body along with the gas cans and jack + a yea racing fire extinguisher.
There is a pro-line lightbar in between the windshield and the roof rack also, and an SSD front (rear) bumper. plus the wheels and tires and really nice little land rover badges for the front and rear.
This is with a 550 30T Holmes motor and SHV500 steering servo but still hanging onto the xl5-hv esc for now and see how it does without the steering servo load to deal with.
pay no attention to my messy apartment I don't have a garage to do this stuff so I rc in my living room Also I could have taken better pictures but I used my GoPro and you have to hold it absurdly close because of the wide-angle lens.
CLICK pics to make large

click thumbnails to open fullsize image

Last edited by Mountainsofbeer; 08-26-2017 at 12:21 PM.
Mountainsofbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

TRX-4 Marauder - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Buggy Dersert - i love it! - 1/10 4WD +Marauder FS 53910 + Unboxing - Review+First _sOnGoKu_ Non Crawler RC's 0 10-29-2016 12:07 PM
Threats from a would be Marauder.. ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 11 11-15-2013 09:42 AM
the marauder weeble163 General Scale Talk 4 04-01-2013 04:08 PM
Whiteman Marauder hovercraft LibertyPatriot Chit Chat 4 11-14-2005 08:57 PM