RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   So i've had this one for a couple of months now... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/590009-so-ive-had-one-couple-months-now.html)

cartronicshn 09-27-2017 10:25 AM

So i've had this one for a couple of months now...

Hey guys, i've had this truck and haven't even had the chance to unbox it, much less drive it around, i will today, but i am leaving tomorrow for florida for a family vacation, so whatever i can manage to contribute with my experience i will post up, pics posting later....8)

calcagno45 09-27-2017 10:56 AM

Re: So i've had this one for a couple of months now...

Nice exhibition of restraint. Shiny new boxes are short lived in my household.

magic_yeti 09-27-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcagno45 (Post 5752175)

+1

have a nice trip "thumbsup"and many drive time:mrgreen:

cartronicshn 09-27-2017 01:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Thanks guys, it's not like i haven't tried to use it, but i have been buried in work, so here are the poser pics, while i solder the new batttery connector.:mrgreen:

cartronicshn 09-27-2017 02:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh hell yeah, the ability to lock and unlock the diffs is awesome!"thumbsup" very cool! it feels a Little top heavy, but its a scaler, it's nice having 2 speeds, love the scale details, servo is definetly getting moved to one of my other smaller cars, i am putting a hitorque servo and a bec tonight, so far i love this truck.

cartronicshn 10-09-2017 08:54 AM

So i am back from Disney:mrgreen:, i also installed a new servo , bec and a Holmes bec wiring thingy...pics up in a bit, nothing groundbreaking, just modding a few thing as time allows.

cartronicshn 10-09-2017 02:10 PM

2 Attachment(s)
These are already on the truck, and definetly a must do from the get go.

cartronicshn 10-16-2017 11:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
So i finally had a Little time to drive the defender, i really like it so far, here's a couple of pics..

cartronicshn 10-18-2017 01:11 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I am surpirsed i have been able to work a few minutes more on this truck, so i did the front bumper mod, looks much better for now, i also had a spare tire cover laying, so i put that on also, doesn't look beautiful, but hey i had to use this piece sometime..:ror:, i also tried a 3s lipo for the first time on this rig, completely different animal on 3s, i just ordered the telemetry deal for this car also, i will update when that gets here.

cartronicshn 10-28-2017 11:59 AM

https://youtu.be/6Ch00X9a9bo

CREEPERBOB 10-28-2017 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by calcagno45 (Post 5752175)

I'm ripping into them on the way in from the mailbox ;-).

cartronicshn 10-28-2017 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB (Post 5761713)
I'm ripping into them on the way in from the mailbox ;-).

i used to be like that "thumbsup", hardly have any free time anymore.

cartronicshn 11-15-2017 04:16 PM

So i have driven the trx4 a couple of times already in stock form and i am impressed how well it crawls for all it's weight up so high , i am taking it this sunday to a comp, but i will remove all the uneeded weight from uptop, no scale points in this comp , so roofrack, spare tire and exo cage are gone:mrgreen:, pics later..

cartronicshn 11-16-2017 12:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Rather plain looking if you ask me, but if it helps in performance i am all for it:mrgreen:

cartronicshn 11-17-2017 02:04 PM

1 Attachment(s)
stuff is starting to show up at my office...:mrgreen:

cartronicshn 02-26-2018 01:21 PM

So after installing the telemetry, i can only use the temp and voltage sensor, no biggie i have a couple other traxxas units i can use the rpm for( emaxx or bigfoot) , i am also anxiously waiting on my bronco trx which should be here in about 3 weeks( the wait is killing me). Nothing has broken on my trx yet, not that i used it a lot , but the few runs i put in i go berzerk with it:lmao:

cartronicshn 03-12-2018 10:22 AM

4 Attachment(s)
So i had some time for the rc hobby this last week, went to a get together on tuesday night took along the trx4 , ascender and tamiya hilift, only the tamiya and the trx4 saw action , and i continued to marvel on the trx's advantages of the locking diffs and 2 speed tranny, but definetly need to address the top heavy issue, so i installed the crawler innovation front battery plate mount, its a no mod very easy to install part, i will try it out this week and report back. I am slo trying to decide if i go with the more scale look of the shorter and skinnier tires , lmk what you think. Couple of pics.

Wolfpack_1980 03-14-2018 10:42 AM

You’re killing me with the zip ties on such a nice looking vehicle. They make hard plastic and rubber pull tabs for the body pins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cartronicshn 03-14-2018 03:11 PM

ha, i drive my rigs for what they are, don't sweat the zip ties, i don't;-), i forgot to mention that to use the front servo/ batt mount you need to cut or remove the front inner fenders.

cartronicshn 04-23-2018 02:10 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Hey folks, just a reminder to put quality grease on your axles and tranny if you plan driving in water, well i took apart my rig after 6 months of abuse and little to no maintance, what i found was a 2 seized bearing in the front diff and some rust, the rear axle bearings were ok and almost no rust, tranny and transfer were also serviced with marine grease, plus a wd40 bath on all bearings prior to the regreasing. On a side note, i had just finished doing the ascender the week before, and to be honest i was putting of doing the traxxas because it looks son complex, but to my surprise it's is very easy to dissasemble, no manual used btw. Very nice.8)