Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Wheel base changes and body thoughts

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2017, 02:37 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Wheel base changes and body thoughts

Out on RCC parole,so I’ll make it quick. Got this carpet queen on a trade w/Rockbeast xls and American made knock off bead locks. Out came the electronics minus the sub micros that I loved on my first silver rig by Traxxas. Monster X,3800kvw/8T.Savox 1283(I think ), and a Spektrum 4dxc. The latter should have been my first upgrade on the first d110/Blazer build up. I need thoughts and parts list for a 12” to 11.3” wb guys. I threw the Cherokee on top for now. I know it’s high but I’ll show y’all why later when I decide on body. Absolutely perfect stock body; pm me if you want to talk about it’s high CG. Not gonna bore you with ‘me changing parts pics ‘

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mudflap84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-14-2017, 02:58 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wheel base changes and body thoughts

Oh yeah, did the front to back bumper mount swap and flip upside down. They fit ok for now. Future changes on this rig are all gonna be parts I already traded for or future trading. Happy I couldn't get rid of this XJ; it's been my go to R&D shell on 4 rigs now
Mudflap84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 09:24 AM   #3

Talking Wheel base changes and body thoughts

I've been doing some searching on this myself. Sounds like most guys are just cutting the rear driveshaft down when they go shorter. Links are the hard bit, some guys are ordering them custom while others are using Axial parts. I'm planning on buying two sets of the front links from Traxxas (PN 8243) when I go for the Pro-Line Jeep two-door body, but I'm only aiming for 11.8" wheelbase.

The stock rear links are 121mm long, and stock wheelbase is 324mm (12.8"). Assuming you didn't mistype, you need to loose an inch and a half of length in the rear, or 38.1 mm. I think you should look for rear links around 79-82mm long. Stock rear links are all equal length, but you might need to change this and get shorter links on bottom to get a better pinion angle.

Hope this helps!

P.S. Might also be worth looking into using the offset hollow balls in this kit (PN 5355) to shift the upper pivot of your rear shocks further forward. Good Luck.

Last edited by Dman07; 10-16-2017 at 09:30 AM. Reason: P.S.
Dman07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:05 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Wheel base changes and body thoughts

Just buy a 4mmx0.7 die and thread and cut your rear links to the length you need you can get a hanson die for $5or$6
solo1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Wheel base changes and body thoughts - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
scale body? wheel base specs please! the wrench HPI Wheely King 5 07-06-2015 09:15 PM
honcho on a small wheel base? and advantage of the long wheel base? Daddydancool Axial SCX-10 7 04-26-2011 06:29 PM
new body and longer wheel base vtt Tamiya CR-01 6 12-16-2008 02:02 PM