Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: New Toy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2017, 05:00 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New Toy

Well Im not sure why my original post was deleted but here we go again.. After several years of being out of RC's I am back with the TRX-4.. Heading out to a buddies machine shop tomorrow to install a better steering servo, brass spring cups and brass links that he makes, and then out for a trail run.. More pics will come.

BCCrawlerZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: New Toy

What a great rig. I see one problem though. You know you can't do any real playing inside the house, lol
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 06:01 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

We got out today and did 16.45KM with it... Ill post up some pics once my phone gets charged back up..
Old 10-29-2017, 08:55 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

So I took the brand new TRX to my buddies shop yesterday 2 hours before we were supposed to hit the trails and gave it some modifications!
We started with the controller, as I really didnt like how small the wheel was so now its perfect, I can drive one handed if need be.
Then we moved onto the body, I had already removed the spare tire which came off super easy! I shoe-goo'd some magnets to the underside of the roof rack and one on the underside of the body so body clips arent lost when doing a battery change on the trial. My buddy also mounted up some bull horns to the roof rack. He also snuck a "L" sticker on the back of my rig, for those not from BC when someone here gets their learners licence they get a "L" magnet for the car to show they are a learner, then then graduate to a "N" for new driver, so he thought it fitting that since Ive been out of the hobby for so long that I got the "L"
From there we stripped off the lower links, replacing them with nice heavy brass links, as well as brass spring cups, and a brass steering link. I also pulled the stock servo right away and replaced it with a high torque, metal gear Turnigy.
We cut off the crappy plugs to the motor and put on some good quality connectors, as well as a dean's plug for batteries.
Once all that was done we swapped the order of the locking diff's so now the rear locks first, and then the front.
Now the truck was ready to hit the trails and we sure gave it a good first run, as we did a trail we call Triple Treat, which is 3 different mountain peaks, with a total of 16.45km's. Not a single issue with the truck so I was beyond happy! And for completing the drive I also got a nice trophy! lol

Old 10-29-2017, 03:19 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

16.5 KM ???? that's about double of what we cover on a 5-6 hour outing in the forest

I plan on a 128 Km walk next year, will have to walk 25 Km every day, or "have to" that's my plan at least but i have plenty of time so i could half that if i wanted to.

But will not be bringing RC car for that walk as it is a unknown area / trail, and Denmark flat as it is are not know for throwing out good scaling places like i assume u guys have.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 06:22 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Yeah thats a long trip for us... We will probably do that run about once or twice a month.. Most runs are about 8-10km.. Trail crawling is a great way to get some good exercise. And here in British Columbia, its a lot of mountains to climb!
Old 10-29-2017, 09:48 PM   #7

BCCrawlerZ your tires are on backwards (rotation)
CAP'N CRUNCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 03:07 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Just a couple from todays crawl...

New Toy - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toy crawlers r1 to formula toy Toycrawler5481 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 06-09-2011 06:49 PM
My new toy! slobin3d Chit Chat 13 02-06-2011 02:31 PM
New toy. XC FJ. ScalerLover Tamiya XC/CC01 47 08-27-2010 09:13 AM