Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Torn between trx4 and venture !!!!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-05-2017, 09:42 AM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Torn between trx4 and venture !!!!!!

My friend are now having the little servos dying on him, and he cant seem to find a better drop in replacement.
So now he just go with locked axles, though he did like the function of those.

And dont get me wrong he do like his TRX 4, it is his main drive now though he have many other cars in this category ready to go on the shelves.

O and he also having problems with the input bearing on his portals.

I like the TRX 4 too, but i figured there are too many things in it that can break, and i am by no means known as a guy going easy on his rides, actually only washing they get is a run thru a stream or a puddle of water.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-05-2017, 10:10 AM   #22
Rock Crawler

I only fix when it's broke, and usually rinse the truck off if it's heavy mud. I do love all my vehicles but I certainly don't look after them.
crazee horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 11:12 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazee horse View Post
I agree but they are very simple inside. I'm not knocking the trx4 by any means, I've just chosen to go for the easier to maintain. And it just has to be better quality than axial. I've spent far to much money on my wraith and scx

Hey I'm not a "fan boy" of either rigs, I was just laying out what I saw as an important factor, and I didn't actually recommend the TRX-4 either.

If you're going to run them hard and put them away wet though I dont see a difference, they'll both suffer the same fate. But yes simple is likely better.
Invest in some grease and bearings maybe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peaker View Post
My friend are now having the little servos dying on him, and he cant seem to find a better drop in replacement.
So now he just go with locked axles, though he did like the function of those.
Point your friend towards the Micro servo thread, I've posted a few fixes for adjusting the cables on pages 3 and 4, and theres a blue bird servo mentioned as a drop in replacement in the first few pages.

Last edited by HumboldtEF; 11-05-2017 at 11:21 AM.
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:46 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Ive been re greasing and changing bearings regularly for years
I'm at least 17 years into the hobby and by no means a newbie. This is a great hobby unjust don't understand why manufacturer's can't get a few key things right.
Old 11-06-2017, 08:57 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Portals are great for mud. And everything else. My trx has taken a ridiculous amount of abuse and I haven't broken anything. Running a hard body with upgraded servo weighted beadlocks and that's it.

Sent from my S40 using Tapatalk
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:39 PM   #26
Rock Crawler

Venture is here and I'm more than happy with my choice. Very well designed, epic trail crawl planned for tomorrow.
Old 11-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #27
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post
Portals are great for mud. And everything else. My trx has taken a ridiculous amount of abuse and I haven't broken anything. Running a hard body with upgraded servo weighted beadlocks and that's it.

I agree I went with the TRX4. Had it for a while now and not a single problem. I'm not a Traxxas fan either. I've had every Axial ever made going all the way back to the AX10 Scorpion (The Original) Axials just need too many upgrades to be a decent truck IMO. Never had the Venture or Ascender. I do like the Ascender though.
Tommy23490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 02:45 PM   #28
Rock Crawler

Well after deciding to buy the venture and totally loving it, today things got weird....... a friend told me a parcel had turned up and it was for me. He bought me a TRX4. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. And to say I'm Impressed is also an understatement! Going to christen it properly on Saturday and am also going to try and keep it out of anything more than 3 inch deep water !
Old 11-15-2017, 03:06 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well after deciding to buy the venture and totally loving it, today things got weird....... a friend told me a parcel had turned up and it was for me. He bought me a TRX4. To say I'm shocked is an understatement. And to say I'm Impressed is also an understatement! Going to christen it properly on Saturday and am also going to try and keep it out of anything more than 3 inch deep water !
Screw that send it!
I submarine mine almost as much as my Scx10!

Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 03:25 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Congrats. Now you can run both!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:24 PM   #31
Rock Crawler

Yeah my friend laughed when I told him I wanted it for a semi dry runner. He said he'd bet me a £100 I couldn't go more than a day without getting submerged lol I'm just a little bit concerned about the complexity and durability. I've quite a few trucks screaming out for parts already!!!!
Old 11-17-2017, 03:41 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Well thats awesome, you have a generous friend!
Now you can be torn between which to drive.

As for the durability, I've been impressed so far. I think the biggest thing to watch out for is issues with the diff servos and 2 speed servo, theres a thread discussing it and I've added my take on how to adjust the cable length as well
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 04:19 PM   #33
Rock Crawler

Thanks HumboldtEE am gonna checking out now !
Old 11-19-2017, 10:53 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Well first proper trail run today with trx4 and my daughter using the fj. Whilst the fj went everywhere the trx4 did, it wasn't as effortless as the trx. Slippery mud and clean clear streams were a joy in my new truck. Now I have had a lot of good times with my axial trucks and the fj is superb, but the Trx4 is in a class if it's own. Tires did a great job biting and also cleared quickly. Well impressed.

Last edited by crazee horse; 11-19-2017 at 03:23 PM.

Torn between trx4 and venture !!!!!! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
No HPI Venture Frank211 General Scale Talk 111 12-14-2017 04:55 PM
My HPI Venture is on it's way... QuesoDelDiablo 1.9 Scale Rigs 86 11-29-2017 04:58 PM
TURBO'S first 1.9 comp venture... TURBOFEST Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 38 03-04-2010 02:06 PM
Another venture. aubie Chit Chat 6 12-25-2005 05:35 AM