Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Spotted at SEMA

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2017, 09:15 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Spotted at SEMA

Back to the truck now. In whatever configuration it comes in I’m glad to see the RTR champion of the world recognizing our segment.

If it comes with stuff I don’t need, I’ll sell it off like other rigs.

Now hopefully the price point is a little more attractive l...
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by XSRCdesign View Post
Back to the truck now. In whatever configuration it comes in I’m glad to see the RTR champion of the world recognizing our segment.

If it comes with stuff I don’t need, I’ll sell it off like other rigs.

Now hopefully the price point is a little more attractive l...
Exactly. The fact that Traxxas released a kit is huge. RC news of the year!

Hopefully this will cause a market shift back to kits. I doubt it, but we can hope.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:05 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Good thing about this truck, you put it together, without all the stuff people have complained about. I would just lock both diffs keep the 2 speed tranny and just use my control.. ! Thats how I looked at this new kit. Makes it simple for some.
I locked up my front diff with JB Weld just before the RPP Jamboree and pulled the servo and cable and I loved the idea of not having to think about "to in gage or not to". And I didn't miss the steering of a open front diff. Now I'm thinking of doing the same to the rear and pull that servo! Keeping in mind that my truck is being used more for crawling than trailing. . I also ordered a mini servo to shift my 2 speed. I like having that added wheel speed in some crawling situations.
Ernie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Exactly. The fact that Traxxas released a kit is huge. RC news of the year!

Hopefully this will cause a market shift back to kits. I doubt it, but we can hope.
Well said, I think some of us lose sight of the fact that we crawler/trailers are a very small part of the market that Traxxas geared this truck for. (RTR) A Traxxas trade mark. SOOOOOOOO IMO of a 68 year old, we should be glad they did consider crawling features into the TRX-4 design, and will probably keep adding more. A KIT!! Also, some of the features we aren't happy with are pretty easy to change!
Ernie

Last edited by CODYBOY; 11-01-2017 at 10:09 AM.
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:33 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Having one, you don’t know what your missing not wanting the 2 speed and locking diffs. It’s awesome to be able to unlock them in second gear and actually be able to drive it at speed. By far the best truck I have had as far as scalers go. I’ve won several comps with this truck already.
rm25x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:37 PM   #45
RCC Addict

If the trx4 really does come out as a kit, and the bronco body kit has a clear option, I may be forced to get one....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c0bra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 03:45 PM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rm25x View Post
Having one, you don’t know what your missing not wanting the 2 speed and locking diffs. It’s awesome to be able to unlock them in second gear and actually be able to drive it at speed. By far the best truck I have had as far as scalers go. I’ve won several comps with this truck already.
It's just not for some people. I have a two speed truck, it never comes out of low gear. If I want a truck to run fast and unlocked diffs I grab my slash, but more often then not, trailing and crawling I don't want either of those things.

Glad your enjoying it, since that what its all about.
Ditchrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 04:26 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

This is pushing me a little more over the fence. I've been in the K.I.S.S. camp, for certain, but I've liked Traxxas since I got into the hobby in 2013, and would like to have one of their first legitimate, scale 4x4 truck models, even if it is a little more complicated than I prefer. Plus, I'd like to have one, if anything, in order to put one of my Traxxas ET-3S esc's into. :P

Chances are, I wouldn't run it hard enough or get enough time to run it, period, in order to wear out those extra components, anytime soon, at least. Based on whether I manage to sell some existing RC's, I might even buy one of the current models, if they go on sale during the Holiday season. I would likely sell the body, (or, in the case of a Tactical version, put it on a Slash 4x4), and then get that Bronco body kit. Otherwise, I'll wait, and possibly get both the Bronco body + unassembled kit in 2018.

I think the Bronco body looks good with 2.2's, and quite scale, compared to many beefed-up, off-road Bronco's I've seen on the road over the years.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 08:32 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

My buddy got some better shots

XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:00 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

Wonder if the side molding is a separate piece of plastic or a decal.
txbart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 10:31 PM   #50
RCC Addict

I see on RPP that you can already buy the chrome diff cover. Not something I'm interested in but it is available.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 07:23 AM   #51
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank211 View Post
Good thing about this truck, you put it together, without all the stuff people have complained about. I would just lock both diffs keep the 2 speed tranny and just use my control.. ! Thats how I looked at this new kit. Makes it simple for some.
This is exactly what I did to my existing TRX4. Replaced the trans shift servo with a Savox and assigned a separate switch on my DX4R Pro radio to control it. Works perfectly.

Last edited by penguin1; 11-02-2017 at 07:29 AM.
penguin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 AM   #52
Quarry Creeper

as a Ford guy, i'm going to be all over this body as soon as its available!
alexleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 11:28 AM   #53
Pebble Pounder

I'm typically not a Ford guy but will go to the dark side fur this. I put a few accessories on my rover body and can't really hit any grades without tipping backward
Dirt Runner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:54 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

I really like the new body, even contemplating it for my SCX 10 II.

BUT then i realized its a lot more WB and i drive C1 wheels and dont have portals, so while it will look good i might end up loosing out on the performance part of things that's most important to me.

Having a really hard time figuring out what body / look to run, lucky me i have all winter to figure it out get parts and start building.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2017, 11:36 PM   #55
Rock Crawler

Shame that the body is yet to be released. It's exactly in the ballpark for my taste. P.p.p.p.p.p.ppatience.. not my strongest trait.. :P

The TRX-4 itself is a big no no to me, despite the cool technical bits&bobs. The base RTR is already ( converted) about $650.- ( €545.- or thereabouts) overhere..auwtsch..no thanks. Can get a SCX10 with a lot of upgrades for that money. But that body on a MST-xxx-W ( has portals) or the humble SCX-10 with the 2.2's?? Count me in!!

Last edited by Jay-Em; 11-30-2017 at 11:44 PM.
Jay-Em is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2017, 07:59 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay-Em View Post
Shame that the body is yet to be released. It's exactly in the ballpark for my taste. P.p.p.p.p.p.ppatience.. not my strongest trait.. :P

The TRX-4 itself is a big no no to me, despite the cool technical bits&bobs. The base RTR is already ( converted) about $650.- ( €545.- or thereabouts) overhere..auwtsch..no thanks. Can get a SCX10 with a lot of upgrades for that money. But that body on a MST-xxx-W ( has portals) or the humble SCX-10 with the 2.2's?? Count me in!!

My thoughts exactly.
That body on nice simple chassis like an MST sounds like a winner!!
MAGNUMB is offline   Reply With Quote

Spotted at SEMA - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Flat spotted tires Tinrabbit Tires and Wheels 5 02-09-2014 06:43 PM
Flat-spotted tire YYCADM Tires and Wheels 3 11-23-2011 07:51 AM
Spotted in Moab, PicklePimp GySgt Hartman Minnesota 1 09-17-2008 04:49 AM
Little Ford I spotted today... JasonInAugusta Chit Chat 22 04-22-2007 10:03 PM