Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX4 receiver channel questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2017, 05:49 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default TRX4 receiver channel questions

Okay I meant to finally sit down and install my new Savox Servo that has been sitting in my parts box. Nothing wrong with the stock Servo other than I wanted to have more torque.

Before closing up everything on the truck I wanted to make sure everything operated okay. After plugging in the new servo I noticed it was not working at all no buzzing no turning at all. I had to install an extension lead for the servo so I played around with that for a bit. I also tried plugging it into my slash that has a Savox Servo and still does not work.

So I plugged it back into the trx4 and this time I plugged it into the first slot in to channel one and it works at should. For the short little Drive I did it seem like it worked just fine. But for some reason it would not operate on the second slot on Channel 1.

I even called Traxxas today to confirm about the two slots on Channel 1 and they told me what I kind of thought anyway that the two slots are for the steering as if you were to run dual servos or to run a light or accessories with to operate with the steering. They could not confirm that I needed a bec since they do not make them. I understand that it's an after-market thing and I'm fine with that. But you do have to love their customer service and how quick there to answer a question and usually seem to have an answer.

So my question is has anybody else experienced this plugging it into the first lot into Channel 1 or having to run a bec because of it?

I'm assuming since I can get it to operate on channel one and if it does not seem to glitch out that I should be okay to run it if it starts to glitch out I guess I can always look into a bed.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-08-2017, 07:37 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: TRX4 receiver channel questions

The steering servo plugs into the first channel 1 connector, the optional Traxxas light module piugs into the second channel 1 connector. Don't ask me what the difference between them is.

Last edited by Inspector86; 11-10-2017 at 09:26 PM.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote