Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: returnee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2017, 02:37 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default returnee

I had given up on this wonderfull hobby but then along came a Traxxas TRX-4 with a Defender body on it and I was smitten again and with being British I love the Defender body on the truck, the only modifications so far are adding a winch, changed the steering servo and the TRX light kit, going to add the brass portal covers and other brass parts when funds allow to add more weight lower down also change the stock tyres and rims for heavier rims again when funds allow

Last edited by BREL; 11-15-2017 at 11:51 AM.
BREL is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2017, 01:22 PM   #2

Default Re: returnee

I also love my trx4 and the defender body, the winch upgrade is a must to replace the plastic imitation, as the lights are, imo, also a must. I added camel trophy stamps, I will install the diamond plate to protect the hood, added mud pads, brass weight will be added when it gets here.

Envoyé de mon LG-H831 en utilisant Tapatalk
blademael1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 05:49 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

when it comes time you add the brass portal cover weights, i recommend the ones from SSD.
i put them on all 4 corners and the fit and finish is perfect, huge improvement.
recent adds for mine was the weights and adding proline dual stage foams to the hyrax tires.
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 03:39 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

got a set of GPM brass portal covers on order the should be at mine next week some time
Old 01-01-2018, 05:28 AM   #5
Rock Stacker

got a brass front bumper mount on order from amazon, it adds about 102g to the chassis

Old 01-01-2018, 07:27 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Just be careful when you start to add a lot a brass parts, you want the weight in key areas first. If you add too much weight thats sprung you can actually start decreasing it's performance.

Another way to keep the weight down low is go with some Gmade steelies. These weigh 135 grams per wheel and while it's rotating mass it is down low and will help a lot. Plus they look scale as frig !
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 02:30 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoJac View Post
Just be careful when you start to add a lot a brass parts, you want the weight in key areas first. If you add too much weight thats sprung you can actually start decreasing it's performance.

Another way to keep the weight down low is go with some Gmade steelies. These weigh 135 grams per wheel and while it's rotating mass it is down low and will help a lot. Plus they look scale as frig !
thanks for the advice about sprung weight I have a set of RC4WD OEM stamped steel 1.9 Beadlocks wheels plain silver (now painted black to stop them rusting) with Proline Flat iron XL G8 rock terrain truck tires and the RC4WD Proline tire compatible beadlock rings to get the tires to fit the rims fitted to the TRX-4, also got a set of single stage foams on their way to me

Last edited by BREL; 01-22-2018 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-22-2018, 10:11 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

single stage foams now fitted to the tires, also on order are the Samix TRX-4 Brass lower shock / suspension mounts and TRX-4 Samix brass knuckle with the TRX-4 Samix brass hub carrier, these should add about 200g (unsprung weight) to the front axle of the TRX4, less the weight of the plastic parts that have to be removed to fit the bass parts
Old 03-21-2018, 12:34 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

out in the snow and new winch added

https://scontent.flhr3-1.fna.fbcdn.n...85&oe=5EDA2CA9

Last edited by BREL; 01-12-2020 at 06:34 AM.