Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Anyone competing with a TRX-4?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2018, 11:15 AM   #61
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Anyone competing with a TRX-4?

I've got nothing to add just enjoying this thread and hoping to see more posts and info from anyone running their trx4's in comps.
sid lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-01-2020, 01:50 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exocaged View Post
I do, I built mine with brass and stuff specifically to comp with brass and other things and I finally got my first C2 win with this truck Sunday at our Winter Series.
what brass are you running
Darkred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2020, 10:33 PM   #63

I知 competing with Trx4 Blazer running a CrawlMaster Pro 550 can Holmes Hobbies motor with a HW1080 esc running 3s lihv and a 3BrosRC g13 servo powered by a separate little 450mAh 4s battery producing 674oz of torque with 35mm wide RC Lions wheels with Proline Hyrax 1.9痴 and 93g outer brass portal covers and 10mg/pc brass hex extensions along with a part #2632 shock rebuild kit from Traxxas and just using the little white bushing in them instead of the factory wider black bushing and it lets the shocks act 100% better than stock letting them flow soo much smoother and more articulation out of them it actually does absolute wonders to the shocks and running 70wt oil in the rear and 50wt in the front and always have your drivers side front 4mm less travel than your other front shock, for example my rears are set at 5mm and my passenger front 7mm and drivers front 11mm, because of weight distribution it is absolutely necessary to do this and always have your front shocks stiffer than the back but always run harder foams in the rear than the front. I知 running Crawler Innovations little nova痴 soft in front and medium in the rear and ALWAYS vent your tires when using these foams or they will not function properly. I知 going to my second competition with this shock setup and in the first it was absolutely amazing how it articulated and I scored better than I ever have at any comp my running this setup and now at this next one I already know what it can do so I知 going to do better yet. Just some FYI for you fellow hobbyists that comp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Edubb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 07:46 PM   #64
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edubb View Post
I知 competing with Trx4 Blazer running a CrawlMaster Pro 550 can Holmes Hobbies motor with a HW1080 esc running 3s lihv and a 3BrosRC g13 servo powered by a separate little 450mAh 4s battery producing 674oz of torque with 35mm wide RC Lions wheels with Proline Hyrax 1.9痴 and 93g outer brass portal covers and 10mg/pc brass hex extensions along with a part #2632 shock rebuild kit from Traxxas and just using the little white bushing in them instead of the factory wider black bushing and it lets the shocks act 100% better than stock letting them flow soo much smoother and more articulation out of them it actually does absolute wonders to the shocks and running 70wt oil in the rear and 50wt in the front and always have your drivers side front 4mm less travel than your other front shock, for example my rears are set at 5mm and my passenger front 7mm and drivers front 11mm, because of weight distribution it is absolutely necessary to do this and always have your front shocks stiffer than the back but always run harder foams in the rear than the front. I知 running Crawler Innovations little nova痴 soft in front and medium in the rear and ALWAYS vent your tires when using these foams or they will not function properly. I知 going to my second competition with this shock setup and in the first it was absolutely amazing how it articulated and I scored better than I ever have at any comp my running this setup and now at this next one I already know what it can do so I知 going to do better yet. Just some FYI for you fellow hobbyists that comp!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good info, thanks for sharing.
ScottyPotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 09:06 PM   #65

Darkred, if you want to know what parts and set up Exocaged is running, just look up Exocaged on YouTube and check out his channel.
slowpoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone competing with a TRX-4? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Competing questions Heavychevy06 Newbie General 3 08-28-2012 11:50 AM
How do I start competing? irokcrawl Newbie General 2 05-03-2012 06:46 AM
Anyone interested in competing in Manitoba? Evandiego North Dakota 3 04-09-2011 08:21 PM
anyone competing in the USRCCA Nationals? ddiaz10240 Chit Chat 3 07-13-2006 08:20 AM