RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   Traxxas 8030 Lighting Kit (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/592408-traxxas-8030-lighting-kit.html)

MUD.88 12-01-2017 01:52 PM

Traxxas 8030 Lighting Kit

Hi guys

Im looking for advice on fitting this genuine traxxas light kit to a trx4 that doesnt have the stock esc/rx.....I dont have a spare port on the rx and also dont have the small red plug off the esc.

Does anyone know how to wire these up re voltages etc

Thanks in advance

ElChupacabra 12-01-2017 02:34 PM

Re: Traxxas 8030 Lighting Kit

Grab a JST connector from the hobby shop or internet and solder it into your battery power source somewhere between the battery and the ESC. I usually stick them on the battery connector ESC side.

crazee horse 12-04-2017 03:28 PM

Ok I haven't a clue about electrics, how would I power just the headlight kit 8028 without the 8030 power supply ? Wouldn't I need some kind of y lead to make it all go into the fan plug ? Also would it be sufficient to power all the lights ? Yeah probably silly questions but like I say don't have a clue. Everyday is a school day. Thanks for any replies!

rockhugger 12-05-2017 12:04 AM

There’s many different options to achieve your goal depending on ones level of doing it yourself. Honestly if your not comfortable with the electronics part of the hobby, I would suggest just buying the Traxxas full kit with power module until you are comfortable with making your own leads and soldering etc.

A good source or power is any unused port in your receiver. "thumbsup"

Post a picture of your setup and we can maybe be more specific.

crazee horse 12-05-2017 04:12 AM

I can solder and am not afraid to have a go. I'm just not sure on the technical side of things. And I also don't want or need the light bar or rock lights. Bit over the top.in my eyes !

blademael1 12-05-2017 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazee horse (Post 5772841)
I can solder and am not afraid to have a go. I'm just not sure on the technical side of things. And I also don't want or need the light bar or rock lights. Bit over the top.in my eyes !

I was like you at first for the light bar, but once installed, I love it, if you ride in the dark it really light up the trail. The rock lights are installed but not connected, I can connect them any time but they are not usefull.

Envoyé de mon LG-H831 en utilisant Tapatalk

Inspector86 12-05-2017 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MUD.88 (Post 5771840)
Hi guys

Im looking for advice on fitting this genuine traxxas light kit to a trx4 that doesnt have the stock esc/rx.....I dont have a spare port on the rx and also dont have the small red plug off the esc.

Does anyone know how to wire these up re voltages etc

Thanks in advance

In addition to what ElChupacabra said above concerning the JST plug, since you don't have an open port on your RX you can install a "Y" servo extension cable to one of the existing channels to send the power on signal to the #8028 power supply.

Inspector86 12-05-2017 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazee horse (Post 5772664)
Ok I haven't a clue about electrics, how would I power just the headlight kit 8028 without the 8030 power supply ? Wouldn't I need some kind of y lead to make it all go into the fan plug ? Also would it be sufficient to power all the lights ? Yeah probably silly questions but like I say don't have a clue. Everyday is a school day. Thanks for any replies!

You have incorrect part numbers referenced. The Traxxas LED head light kit is #8027 AND it requires power supply #8028. The #8028 PS is powered directly off the battery via the JST connector on the ESC AND a signal cable which is plugged into the RX.

crazee horse 12-06-2017 03:28 PM

Good I'm not overly bothered of the novelty of indicators etc