Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2020, 01:18 PM   #441

Default Re: SiCkPuPPy's TRX-garage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy View Post
7,4V
Nice! Thank you. I'm going to have to order some when my stock servos fail.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #442
Quarry Creeper

I dont think the stock ones will fail as long as you treat them good.
But I did buy these im a weak moment some time ago, so why dont put them to use and have the stock ones as backup..

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2020, 02:00 PM   #443
Quarry Creeper

Ok, now I can confirm that it is possible to get 2.2 tires that fits the TRX6 with stock axle positions.

From left we have the TRX6 stock wheels, in the middle we have Proline flat iron 2.2 M3 compound and to the right we have the RC4WD Mickey Thompson MTZ 2.2

Last edited by sickpuppy; 03-23-2020 at 02:37 PM.
Old 01-21-2020, 02:03 PM   #444
RCC Addict

Default Re: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

So finally being a TRX-4 owner I decided it was time to see what this thread was about. Now that I've invested the better part of the day into viewing the entire thing, I feel obligated to offer some comments:

- Love the black Defender and the H1, and appreciate your obsession with them
- Your country has some awesome backscape for RC pics!
- I have to respect your continued excitement over just one rig, and then four more variants of the same rig. I have 18 trucks and none of them are the same model...maybe that's why I've been married three times lol
- Iceland looked like awesome fun. Had a chance to get stationed there years ago, wish I had taken it
- You have a photo fetish (you know this), but you take great shots!
- Your tire fetish almost rivals durok's...almost
- Sucks about all the development surrounding your house
- Sucks about your back
- Sucks about your friend
- Congrats on your marriage!

I think that catches me up. What's next?
2mtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 02:38 PM   #445
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mtech View Post
So finally being a TRX-4 owner I decided it was time to see what this thread was about. Now that I've invested the better part of the day into viewing the entire thing, I feel obligated to offer some comments:

- Love the black Defender and the H1, and appreciate your obsession with them
- Your country has some awesome backscape for RC pics!
- I have to respect your continued excitement over just one rig, and then four more variants of the same rig. I have 18 trucks and none of them are the same model...maybe that's why I've been married three times lol
- Iceland looked like awesome fun. Had a chance to get stationed there years ago, wish I had taken it
- You have a photo fetish (you know this), but you take great shots!
- Your tire fetish almost rivals durok's...almost
- Sucks about all the development surrounding your house
- Sucks about your back
- Sucks about your friend
- Congrats on your marriage!

I think that catches me up. What's next?
Hey man, thanks for an awesome reply! I almost didn't think anyone read on forums anymore, just a few of us

Yeah, I know it's kind of weird sticking to just one truck, but I've just fallen flat out in love with this thing, so now that I've traded the defender chassis with both defender bodies I actually miss it sometimes.. It was my first-born crawler you know, hehe.. But for now I dont have a chassis for the H1-body, the future will tell what happens to that.

Iceland was just epic! I was actually talking to a friend of mine about it last saturday, since he and his wife left for Iceland yesterday for a week. I envy them and I am for sure going back!

Thanks alot for the support on the "bad stuff", actually I didnt want to mention it, since I feel like I'm whining about it.. But I was actually hospitalised the whole christmas due to my back again this last christmas.. I got out on new years eve, doped out with drugs ofc, and today was my first day at work this year. So the recovery was at least a lot shorter than last years struggle..

About the photos... haha, yeah I know..!! And I've bought a lot of new gear the last couple months that hopefully will bring even more videos in the future. And again, I actually post the pictures because I love watching them myself, and in this thread I know I can find them And I guess I dont give a flying F if people get tired of them, they can scroll past them or just read the next thread.

When it comes to tires/rims(wheels?) I also know I'm in trouble.. I recently stumbled over a thread on facebook tho' about people showing off their wheel collections, and watching some guys have HOUDREDS of wheels made me calm enough to just order the last sets that I posted a picture of yesterday, the RC4WD Mickey Thompson MTZ's. Cos' I now know that there are people out there that's purebread crazyass maniacs when it comes to wheels, hehe

And whats next..? Well, for now I'm just looking forward to getting to drive the sport and trx-6 alot, making videos and photos.. Aaaand, yeah.. I've been talking to a guy that makes SICK custom bodies about making "something else" for the 6x6. Dont know yet if that's going to happend, and if not I guess I'll try and make something myself during the spring..

Again, thank you for this awesome reply, I'm getting a smile every time someone comments on this ridiculous long thread, and that you've read it all??!! Man, mad creds for that!
Old 01-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #446
Quarry Creeper

Got this servo today.
I thiiiiiink I'm gonna put this one in the sport..

Old 02-02-2020, 07:00 AM   #447
Quarry Creeper

Just had to check that they were still alive, and they are!! Looking forward to the season kicks off
https://youtu.be/Ed9yP0uSEdE

Old 02-07-2020, 03:22 PM   #448
Quarry Creeper

Just a braindead comparison since I was swapping the servo anyway.
I might try to do another test later since I still got that JX-servo in the 6x6.
I think that if I make sure they got the same weight on the front axle they can be compared in some settings, maybe..
https://youtu.be/Hw44q2WrBgY
Old 02-07-2020, 07:35 PM   #449
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy View Post
Just a braindead comparison since I was swapping the servo anyway.
I might try to do another test later since I still got that JX-servo in the 6x6.
I think that if I make sure they got the same weight on the front axle they can be compared in some settings, maybe..
https://youtu.be/Hw44q2WrBgY
Both servos are phenomenal, but the Reefs has the edge in speed. I’m guessing you can’t tell the torque difference since both are ridiculous hahaha.
R/C controls YOU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 08:04 PM   #450
Rock Crawler

That '6 is lookin' SICK, sick'! I like ALL the new tires and wheels too.
Anyway the rigs are lookin' sharp! Keep shootin' pic's and videos. Damn, I miss the like button.

jim

Last edited by dr frankenstyle; 02-15-2020 at 10:09 AM.
dr frankenstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2020, 02:36 AM   #451
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by R/C controls YOU View Post
Both servos are phenomenal, but the Reefs has the edge in speed. I’m guessing you can’t tell the torque difference since both are ridiculous hahaha.
I guess you're right.
But this is my third JX servo, and two out of three has been wacky in one way or another..
This one I replaced yesterday started jittering and didnt "listen to me", it made a full turn without me giving input at all and stuff like that. The first one just died sometimes, and then it could work perfectly for several runs, and then just out of nothing just die again.. It took just a little pause and reconnection to make it behave good again, but it was annoying.. :p

Hopefully the RAW500 dont have issues like that
Old 02-08-2020, 04:01 AM   #452
Quarry Creeper

Not related directly to the trx's.. but I did an upgrade last week.. Any guesses..?

Last edited by sickpuppy; 02-08-2020 at 04:06 AM.
Old 02-11-2020, 01:06 PM   #453
Quarry Creeper

Just a test of my new camera..
I got a new firmware tonight after this was shot, so I'm hoping the difference between the lenses will be better with that..
If not? Well, I might just return it..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mz15coe0lk
Old 02-12-2020, 11:53 AM   #454
Quarry Creeper

Luckily, after a firmware update and following a tip about turning the HDR off while shooting things like this I think the camera performed a LOT better today than yesterday..
Maybe I got a keeper after all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Sc56oDeLc4
Old 03-20-2020, 08:15 AM   #455
Quarry Creeper

Work in progress!
Since I've been in corona quarantine this week I've finally found time to finish this thing I've been working on for a while..
It's a lexan body that I've printed a new bed for, painted it on the outside because I dont like to paint on the inside, I dont want that shiny look..
I know my handcraft sucks, but I got a spare body I might take better time to make look a little better.. Maybe..

Old 03-20-2020, 08:44 PM   #456
Quarry Creeper

Dude, you printed that bed? It looks factory. Mad skills there. Awesome trucks and builds.
I need to get a 3d printer.
Again awesome work.

Wayne
mulchman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2020, 04:14 PM   #457
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man, but you cant really see the bed on those pictures..? :p
Everything you see there is lexan, but I did print a insert-bed to make it fit the chassis and it got pretty sweet imo..
Not the best picture, but you can see how it is.. I just dropped inside the lexan and made a tight fit so it just sits there, and hold it in place with a few screws.
Old 03-21-2020, 04:34 PM   #458
Quarry Creeper

On this LC-body I was wondering on how I should solve the headlamp-issue..
I didn't want stickers, but if I had to I just had to..
I found some bucket lights online that I ordered and now I just had to think out a way to mount them properly.
I asked on several groups on facebook, and even if most of the answers said I had to use shoe goo there was nonetheless enough other answers that made me curious..
So I did this test.
First I printed out some cones with the same surface area as the bucket lights..

I made them with a "handle" and as you can see, the same surface area as a bucket light..

I got lots of different types of glue, but I decided to try out these four.

I glued them on in this order.

I let them sit over night with pressure on, and even if I didnt take a picture of the book pressing them down I need you to belive I did..
Time to remove them....

And here is the marks they left..

The conclusion tho..
Lets talk about the two on the far right, or just let's not.. They didn't work at all..! I could just twist them off.. :p
The two on the left? Actually, the Würth glue did quite good, it stuck almost as good as the shoe goo, but it was a little more brittle and when it finally broke off.
The shoe goo was the best, no surprise there. As I said the shoe goo and Würth did let go at the same amount of force(this is not a scientific measured test, it was just the feeling in my fingers, but if you ask my wife those fingers know what they're doin'...), but the shoe goo didnt just snap off, it felt a little more resistance after it starting to let go, so it wouldn't just fall off without notice in between rides I guess..

Last edited by sickpuppy; 03-22-2020 at 02:44 AM. Reason: Pictures were tooo darn big..
Old 03-22-2020, 02:43 PM   #459
I wanna be Dave

Cool experiment!

This sort of information is useful...

So are you thinking of using the RC4WD Mickey Thompsons on the 6X6?

I just realized the other day that I had bought a spare and completely forgotten about it, to use on my Enduro with those tires.
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2020, 02:37 PM   #460
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, it's still very early in the spring over here, so all the rocks and the ground is still very cold, so I haven't bothered with starting testing tires neck-on-neck yet. But I DO have a plan for that..
On the 6x6 I'm going to run all three options. I think the Mickey Thompsons looks the best on the truck, but if they perform the best I dont know yet.

I'm also planning on testing them on the sport up against all the other brands of tires I have, just to check if the 2.2's is plain sh*t compared to the higher end compounds made for 1.9's.. So stay tuned for that!

And BTW, I've gotten a few new friends in the RC community that's just as gearheaded as myself both when it comes to the RC and a bit on the photo/film part, so there might be a slight increase in producing both photos and films this season. I'm really looking forward to it, at least if this corona-situation gets under control soon..

sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Your TRX-4 Viewing pleasure...Kisun's RC Life ScoJac Scale Videos! 2 08-06-2017 11:58 AM
ultra 4's at superlift orvpark ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 4 10-15-2012 05:35 PM
HPI Micro RS-4's ridepate Non Crawler RC's 4 02-12-2012 01:17 PM
Underground Crawlers Fastback and FF-4's at Haulover DickyT Videos! 22 08-31-2010 03:58 PM
All the new 2.4's slobin3d Electronics 8 09-07-2009 06:16 AM