RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north.. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/593593-sickpuppys-trx-4s-life-up-north.html)

AnimalHippie 06-18-2018 09:24 AM

Re: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

I like the white stock rims the best. They look awesome unfortunately they're not beadlocks. Second is the black beadlocks. That's my opinion. As for ride height I have found that the 60/40 droop set up is working the best on my rig. If you don't understand droop totally look it up on Google. That's how I learned about it & man did it make a difference once I tuned my rig. Hope this helps. You have an awesome rig brotha keep up the great work!

sickpuppy 06-18-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimalHippie (Post 5843127)
I like the white stock rims the best. They look awesome unfortunately they're not beadlocks. Second is the black beadlocks. That's my opinion. As for ride height I have found that the 60/40 droop set up is working the best on my rig. If you don't understand droop totally look it up on Google. That's how I learned about it & man did it make a difference once I tuned my rig. Hope this helps. You have an awesome rig brotha keep up the great work!

Interesting reading that droop set up.
Maybe I'll have to read up a little more on that and check how it effects the riding.

I'm also bummed by the non-beadlock on the original white rims, but it is what it is.. :p I can afford gluing the G8 Hyrax on them for now, maybe I'll buy a set with Predator compound to use on a beadlock-set up..

sickpuppy 06-20-2018 01:32 PM

So.. Who else is looking forward to ProLine's new body for the TRX-4?!!? I know I am for sure!!
https://i.imgur.com/XhB0F9x.jpg

sickpuppy 06-25-2018 01:47 PM

I got mail.. :D
https://i.imgur.com/9uygYZf.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/P6RAULS.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/fTfKzJp.jpg

JatoTheRipper 06-25-2018 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickpuppy (Post 5843846)
So.. Who else is looking forward to ProLine's new body for the TRX-4?!!? I know I am for sure!!

I'm not because it simply doesn't look good in one solid color. I think it has the potential to look good with different paint schemes. I look forward to see what you do with it.

sickpuppy 06-25-2018 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5845355)
I'm not because it simply doesn't look good in one solid color. I think it has the potential to look good with different paint schemes. I look forward to see what you do with it.

I agree on the single color..
And after seeing more pictures I'm getting a little "meh-feeling" about it..
But I have to try [emoji41]

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

sickpuppy 06-26-2018 12:16 PM

Just sayin'...
https://i.imgur.com/clXdJCa.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/vJ0yw2Y.jpg

sickpuppy 07-01-2018 03:56 AM

Just my luck..
A month ago I ordered a Castle b-link from an user on ebay, I did as always and paid with paypal and assumed all ok.
Since I litterally constant have orders coming in from ebay I do not monitor when this and that are marked as shipped and so on, so I waited for the package to arrive, but it never did..
I then logged in to ebay and checked the status on the purchase and it was not shipped yet, I mean, are you kidding me!!??

Just to make sure that I'm getting one of these as fast as possible I found another seller that got it in stock and ordered that one immediately. And that one got marked as shipped the following day, so I guess that one is on its way now.

The first seller tho', I sent a rather firm letter to them asking why this wasn't even marked as shipped!? They replied that "oh, uh, paypal messed up, we'll send it now!". So before I got to tell them that they just shoudln't bother I allready got the shipping details..

Well, so now I'm getting not one but two Castle B-linked bluetooth-thingy.. :D I just hope at least one of them gets here in time before I go on wacation, but I doubt it.. Shipping from US to Norway tend to take several weeks.. :(

durok 07-01-2018 05:16 AM

Sickpuppy - are they about to make you move out of the way of all that highway construction?

:shock::shock::shock:

It must be noisy and frustrating - even if it does give you prime crawling territory for the time being!

;-)

sickpuppy 07-01-2018 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5847126)
Sickpuppy - are they about to make you move out of the way of all that highway construction?

:shock::shock::shock:

They tried.. But before these construction sites were given the green light I used a ton of money(even more than I now use on RC, if U catch my drift..hehe..) on rehab on this 204 years old house. All windows new, stripped everything inside and made all the electrics new.. So I wasn't going to sell out cheap on them. Fortunately they made the plans so this property actually isn't getting ruined by the work.. Off course I've been compensated for the land they take from me and even some for the torture I need to go through..

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5847126)
It must be noisy and frustrating - even if it does give you prime crawling territory for the time being!

;-)

Yeah, there has been a lot of frustration this winter/spring/summer, and knowing they wont be done until christmas 2020 I need to take some chillpills I guess.. :p
And yeah, in the beginning it was a lot of fun playing with the trx in their "sandbox", but I'm tired of that. I now enjoy the woods and rocks more than the loose stuff these guys are making..
It doesnt help on the dry dust that this summer has been the dryest and warmest summer as long as people can remember, I need to wash the terrasse and backyard-furniture at least once a week. U may guess that the mistress isn't very pleased.. :D

durok 07-01-2018 12:03 PM

Glad you are being at least somehow taken care of for your troubles!

The way you type "Terrasse" instead of "Terrace" as they do here just reminded me SO much of my visits to Germany - where my mother's side of the family lives.

"Wie schon, draussen an die Terrasse"!

"thumbsup"

(and I agree, out in the woods is much nicer than at construction sites...)

MackPremo 07-01-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sickpuppy (Post 5845702)

whoa

sickpuppy 07-01-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5847193)
Glad you are being at least somehow taken care of for your troubles!

The way you type "Terrasse" instead of "Terrace" as they do here just reminded me SO much of my visits to Germany - where my mother's side of the family lives.

"Wie schon, draussen an die Terrasse"!

"thumbsup"

(and I agree, out in the woods is much nicer than at construction sites...)

Haha, the German and the Norwegian language got quite a tight relationship, so if I misspell something it may look german for those who know a bit german. :D

And yeah, the laws over here is quite good that way, they cant just rip me off and take my land and not pay me good dollars.
They may force me to move and give up my property, but then it would be at a very good price. And since this is/was a quite big property they wanted to make it work out for both parts..

sickpuppy 07-01-2018 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MackPremo (Post 5847204)
whoa

HEhe, yep..
I took a picture from the other side today..
Right smack in the middle.. :p
Everything you can see here is one big construction site. It will for sure be great in the end, but it does put a tall on the daily struggles at the time..
https://i.imgur.com/6oCBXvM.jpg

sickpuppy 07-19-2018 01:12 PM

So today I got back from a two week long roadtrip.
It was a really beautiful trip, but this summer has been the warmest summer since as long they've been recording, so I was glad I took an AC-check on the Audi before the trip.. :D
But when I came home today I had a couple of shipments waiting for me.. Not all of them was RC related, but some were..
First of all I FINALLY got my Castle b-link!! I ended up getting a pair of them, so I've allready sold one of them.. But I'm looking forward to get this up and running, really curious on how much I can play with the setup on the Mamba-X. I also bought an ipod touch to use with this, and thats the only thing I'm going to use that ipod for, haha..
https://i.imgur.com/eXrAToA.jpg
Here is the serious package I got today.. My first HardBody.. OMG!!
I was so terrified by just taking the top of the box that I just put it in corner and I guess it's going to sit there for quite a while.. This looks terrifying!!
https://i.imgur.com/VzwMZxl.jpg
But I hope to get it done by the winter, that meaning I got about 8-9 months to finish it, hehe.. I may get it in time, but no promises given! :D

sickpuppy 07-22-2018 08:40 AM

Pure text-update:

Today I've mounted the bluetooth-module from Castle, the Castle B-link. I got it connected to the ipod touch I've bought for the occasion and I got contact!!
So now I finally can get to some testing I've been thinking of for a long time, testing of batteries.

I could've done this without the b-link and connected a pc to the castle link, but since I've never done that I wanted to not have to learn that sh*t when I knew that the b-link was on its way.
The test I'm going to do is about different C-ratings on the batteries. I knew the setup on my Mamba X was a "program" borrowed from a so called professional, that meaning that the engine never would give 100% from the start no matter what I did, and that's a very useful setting since it does spare the drivetrain for a lot of stress. But for testing of batteries it wouldn't give honest results.

So for the testing I'm going to adjust everything to 100% and then I'm hopefully going to get some numbers that can back my theory on batteries that even stores and rather serious personalities in the game does not agree with me on..

But again, dont hold your breath, I'm still on vacation and are doing some travelling the last week together with the fact that I got a new receiver for my home cinema to install and calibrate.. But as the summer is giving place for the autumn I'm going to spend a lot more time with the RC again, and hopefully I got a couple new bodies coming during the early winter.. And yeah, I still got the transparent Defender body lying in the shed, that one didn't count on the two bodies I was talking about.. Maybe three new then! :D

sickpuppy 07-29-2018 11:40 AM

So I had this battery-project going. I've been committed to that project so hard that I havn't even soldered plugs on my new battery or even mounted new wheels or the 9t pinion just because I wanted this project to go well before I took things further..

But I give up, this B-link is full of bugs as far as I can tell. And it's not only me, a buddy of mine got the B-link as well and he suffers from the same bugs as I do.
The trouble I have is that every time I flash a new profile to my Mamba X, even if I just adjust the lipo cut-off by 0.1V the whole profile may change drastically. Reverse may be full throttle, the steering can get itchy +++

So if I'm going to get to enjoy this car this summer/autumn I just have to get a profile working and start driving without thinking of that project..
Oh well, it doesn't really matter at all, it's just something I wanted to do, and if I do something I want to do it properly..

durok 07-29-2018 02:34 PM

That's a shame, hopefully they will sort things out soon, and of course also release an Android version...

sickpuppy 07-29-2018 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5855558)
That's a shame, hopefully they will sort things out soon, and of course also release an Android version...

Yes sir, thats what I'm thinking.. That android-version would help alot along with sorted out issues since I'm an android kind of guy..

But this has had me thinking of getting another trx then, one of the sports..

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

sickpuppy 08-22-2018 08:27 AM

Just sayin'... :)
https://i.imgur.com/oZEP7by.jpg