Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 06:03 AM   #161
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SiCkPuPPy's TRX-4 with a Hummer H1-body.

I got two packages today, this is the first one..
Can you see what it is?

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-2018, 07:11 AM   #162
RCC Addict

Talking Re: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy View Post
[img]https://i.imgur.com/ciSnrpw.jpg[/img

What the hell you making there buddy? I think you might have posted this on the wrong forum i can only imagine the comments i would get from my wife if i told her i needed to make some of those. What is that any way? Looks like something you'd find at a xxx store
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 07:37 AM   #163
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
What the hell you making there buddy? I think you might have posted this on the wrong forum i can only imagine the comments i would get from my wife if i told her i needed to make some of those. What is that any way? Looks like something you'd find at a xxx store
LOL
You made me check what forum I posted on..
It's parts for making the defender a more scale-right pick-up.
The one I allready got has square corners in the rear of the cabin. With these bits it's getting more correct with the rounded corners with windows and a nice bed to fit with it.

Old 12-06-2018, 07:40 AM   #164
Quarry Creeper

Aaand here's package #2 !!!
The Psusa i3 mk3 3D-printer kit arrived today. So now I just have to wait for Christmas to get the time to mount this thing..

Old 12-06-2018, 07:44 AM   #165
RCC Addict

Quote:
LOL
You made me check what forum I posted on..
It's parts for making the defender a more scale-right pick-up.
The one I allready got has square corners in the rear of the cabin. With these bits it's getting more correct with the rounded corners with windows and a nice bed to fit with it.

LoL i was talking about the white thing

Can't wait to see what those parts look like once you install them. You might have added some things to my trx wish list.
Old 12-06-2018, 07:49 AM   #166
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
LoL i was talking about the white thing

Can't wait to see what those parts look like once you install them. You might have added some things to my trx wish list.
Hahaha..
That white thing is exactly what you think it is..

Old 12-06-2018, 07:54 AM   #167
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hahaha..
That white thing is exactly what you think it is..

Then you have definitely posted in the wrong forum with that one
Old 12-06-2018, 08:10 AM   #168
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Then you have definitely posted in the wrong forum with that one
It was a story on it tho..

Old 12-06-2018, 02:28 PM   #169
RCC Addict

Quote:
It was a story on it tho..

Yeah, i wasnt goina touch that one lmbo

Sent from my SM-J327VPP using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2019, 02:01 PM   #170
Quarry Creeper

So, the rumors of my death is slightly exaggerated.. :p
But just slightly.. 'coz the whole christmas and new year I was hospitalized with som virus-shit that gave me 41,3 celsius fever.. I wasn't feeling fresh..
Then I was 8 days at work, and while at work I was out walking on the ice, and whoopsiddiwhoop..!!!
There you go, 7 weeks hospitalised with a pretty fu**ed up back. And since I've allready had surgery on my back and spine, they are not going to open up my back again, it's too risky they say..
So I've been drugged to live through this, not knowing what day it was or nothing.. When I finally got slightly better, I had to "learn to walk" all over again, and now at least I'm back home(been home for two weeks today actually, hooray!!) and I'm doing exercises, work-outs and I'm doing less drugs day by day..

So thats why nothing has happened here for a while.. While I was in the hospital I even forgot that I had a 3D-printer sitting here waiting for me, it was like christmas all over again two weeks ago when I got home, haha!!
A little fun thing tho'.. I got a smart-phone like everyone else, and while drugged at the hospital I must have been surfing the intarwebs, more specific eBay.. Coz' when I got home I had a package waiting for me at the post office that was almost returned to sender, and guess what it was..! Haha, I got myself a Raptor hardbody for my trx-4!! As I told, christmas all over!!

But hello, I've been home for two weeks now and I can feel the itch to get to this again.. So I've started slowly on putting together another Defender pick-up from the original lexan-body.. I got a picture after 3D-printing a part and 15min with cutting the body..

I have also downloaded a shitload of files from thingiverse that I'm printing as we speak, but I will not show them before I mount things together on the car..
Old 02-28-2019, 02:07 PM   #171
RCC Addict

Dang thats no good. Glad your back home n recovering. I was beginninto wonder if this thread just went dead. B careful gettin around n dont over do it. Cant wait to see wat suprises u have awaitin for us all

Old 02-28-2019, 02:08 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

I have also finished my first 3D-printing design on a solution I think I can live with.. I'm thinking of the wheel on the controller, and the fact that it's too small to do a long one-handed drive, at least for my short and fat fingers..

So I thought of this thing yesterday.. Why not print another, bigger "tire" for the original wheel..? So I did..

Nevermind the color-scheme, I'm just learning to use the printer, so I play with different options now in the early days..

The finish was just TOO damn perfect to believe that it was me that made this!! I couldn't get it on a good picture with these colors, but with some goodwill I guess you can read the tire pattern? It says "TRX-4".. haha

And here it is, mounted on the controller. Fits so snug on the original "rim" that I didn't even have to glue it on there, just had to use some force to push them together..
Old 02-28-2019, 02:16 PM   #173
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Dang thats no good. Glad your back home n recovering. I was beginninto wonder if this thread just went dead. B careful gettin around n dont over do it. Cant wait to see wat suprises u have awaitin for us all

Hello indybama, thanks alot for replying. I almost felt missed here, U made my day today! And yeah, I've allready gotten set back a few times because when I feel that I'm doing better than the day before, I just cant hold back.. I'm giving 100% and forgetting that I'm on heavy painkillers and stuff that removes some boundaries.. But I'm learning the hard way and I'm lucky that my fiance(wife to be within weeks now, we were planned to marry three weeks ago but we had to postpone because of my situation) is a sertified and full time working nurse, so she's looking after me on her spare time.. ;)

No I'm not going to give up this trx-4, I've allready visited my local hobby shop and told them that if/when they get news about the Mercedes-body, they just have to let go of everything they are doing and preorder one of those for me..
That's what I've been waiting for since I first got the TRX-4, I need a Gelendewagen!!

I'm looking forward to learning both the 3D-printer and the Inventor-software to design stuff for the rig.
Old 02-28-2019, 06:10 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Quote:
Hello indybama, thanks alot for replying. I almost felt missed here, U made my day today! And yeah, I've allready gotten set back a few times because when I feel that I'm doing better than the day before, I just cant hold back.. I'm giving 100% and forgetting that I'm on heavy painkillers and stuff that removes some boundaries.. But I'm learning the hard way and I'm lucky that my fiance(wife to be within weeks now, we were planned to marry three weeks ago but we had to postpone because of my situation) is a sertified and full time working nurse, so she's looking after me on her spare time.. ;)

No I'm not going to give up this trx-4, I've allready visited my local hobby shop and told them that if/when they get news about the Mercedes-body, they just have to let go of everything they are doing and preorder one of those for me..

That's what I've been waiting for since I first got the TRX-4, I need a Gelendewagen!!

I'm looking forward to learning both the 3D-printer and the Inventor-software to design stuff for the rig.
Congrats on gettin married, its an adventure lol. B careful pushin yourself to much, the painkillers will fool u.

Id like to get a 3d printer myself, but it may have to be somethin santa gets me lol.

I seen the new body for the trx4, just not my cup of tea lol. But im sure alot of people will be able to pull off the look. Alot of talented people out there.

Im workin on a few projects now. Got parts comin to build a scx10 monster truck. Goina use a ax10 chassis for the chassis lift n ar60 axles from a wraith. Was just workin on a leaf style truck. 3racing chassis n trans, goina run scx10 ii axles. And i just picked up a thunder tiger kaiser xs the other day. May do a few upgrades n let my wife have it as her first crawler.

Old 03-02-2019, 09:17 AM   #175
Quarry Creeper

Ah, today I got time and was in shape to get the Defender out for a drive.. And it was a blast!!
I didn't care about taking a lot of pictures, but this is the one I took..

That said, I need to get it out in the snow a lot more, because.. I'm going to Iceland later this month, driving the Arctic trucks in the wild mountains and vulcans up there. It's a company-paid trip with all inclusive, so I'm really looking forward to this!
I guess I'll take a lot of photos on Iceland, maybe I'll post someone in here aswell?
Old 03-02-2019, 10:20 AM   #176
Go Buckeyes!

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. Not a good way to start the new year. Glad to hear you are on the mend now.

Great looking pic in the snow! Have a great time in Iceland. Looking forward to seeing pics!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 12:17 PM   #177
RCC Addict

Thats a good pic there my friend. Have fun, b safe n take lots of pics lol

Old 03-03-2019, 06:52 AM   #178
RCC Addict

Glad to have to back around brother! Was beginning to wonder what had happened. Trx looks great as always! That new wheel for the remote looks really cool. Hope you have a quick recovery! Have fun in Iceland. Definitely wanna see some pics from there.
Old 03-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #179
Quarry Creeper

I had to take a few pictures while out driving the Hummer early this morning.. I love this body..!

Old 03-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #180
Quarry Creeper

If I get time on wednesday I'm going to have a wheel-bonansa with both bodys.. Try to take photos of them both with all wheel-sets that I want to use this season..
I got a few that's not going to get driven also, so I dont want to include those in the shoot.. I think it'll take some time to shoot all of them with the ones I'm planning to do..

Also I'm trying to design and print a new body-mount for the Hummer, as it sits a bit loose at the time. I'm going to continue using magnets, but I'll try to design something that will hold it in place sideways a bit sturdier..

sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Your TRX-4 Viewing pleasure...Kisun's RC Life ScoJac Scale Videos! 2 08-06-2017 11:58 AM
ultra 4's at superlift orvpark ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 4 10-15-2012 05:35 PM
HPI Micro RS-4's ridepate Non Crawler RC's 4 02-12-2012 01:17 PM
Underground Crawlers Fastback and FF-4's at Haulover DickyT Videos! 22 08-31-2010 03:58 PM
All the new 2.4's slobin3d Electronics 8 09-07-2009 06:16 AM