Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2019, 03:17 AM   #401
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

Pro-Line Interco TSL SX Super Swamper XL 1.9" Rock Crawler Tires in the Predator compound
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-28-2019, 09:00 AM   #402
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: SiCkPuPPy's TRX-4 with a Hummer H1-body.

I've painted the inside of the sport black, simply because I hate the white popping out when shooting photos from a low angle..

I also have been mounting the light kit, almost done..
And if any of you guys are working at usps, get off internet and bring me my shipments!!

Old 10-09-2019, 09:54 AM   #403
Quarry Creeper

Finally!!!

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2019, 10:48 AM   #404
Quarry Creeper

So, christmas came early this year.. Even if I've been waiting for this a looong time!! USPS made it disappear twice, so it took almost three weeks to ship over here even if I paid for first class shipment.
But now it's here, and I love the way it looks!!
Old 10-09-2019, 02:41 PM   #405
Slow is the new Fast

My LHS has one of those TRX-6’s unboxed on their counter. It’s really cool. Nice pickup
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #406
Quarry Creeper

So last night I started modifying my TRX-6.
Well, modifying is a strong word, I just replaced some parts..
I changed motor, ESC, added a BEC and a new servo.

And today I just had to drive to my LHS to get a new servo horn for the 6x6, and now they are all three operative!

I havent made the coupler for the trailer yet..

But it is a fine bunch..

And the last one for now, I'm going to take more pictures and film a little bit tomorrow.
Old 10-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #407
I wanna be Dave

Damn, that looks like a recipe for a fine day's outing!

(your black Defender truck conversion is still my fave)
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 01:39 PM   #408
Quarry Creeper

Actually I agree with you. After I wrecked the grey one and put this back on I almost felt like I didn't need the 6x6..
But then again, MAN do I look forward to adding stuff on the 6x6, working on a body-idea atm also, stay tuned for that. It will be revealed close to christmas, year 2027 I guess.. :p So don't hold your breath..
Old 10-13-2019, 01:28 PM   #409
Quarry Creeper

Just made a little video from todays run..
Sadly I forgot the body-pins at home.. :p
https://youtu.be/PCE9cXMymNg
Old 10-27-2019, 07:33 AM   #410
Quarry Creeper

Yesterday was a fine day, so I headed out to drive a little and take some photos of the trx-6

Off course I brought the sport, on the trailer..
And man is this trailer wide!!??

Dat ass tho'..

I think the G was gettin' thirsty after hauling the Sport around..
Old 10-27-2019, 07:36 AM   #411
Quarry Creeper

And boy did it haul, this 6x6 is a beast!

Strike a pose.. ;)

Those small wheels in the trailer is NOT good in loose sand, look at it struggle!!

But after some wiggle-wiggle-wiggle and some power-jerks I got her safe on the grass..
Old 10-27-2019, 07:40 AM   #412
Quarry Creeper

And after this exhausting session some scenery-enjoyment was mandatory..

Coz', this place wasn't ugly.. The autumn sun and the whole place was just perfect!

Wouldn't you say..?

Well, today I was supposed to team up with the other trx-6 in Norway, but because I have to go to a birthday I cant find time to travel over to the spot they were planning on driving.
Hopefully we can team up some other day for some fun and take some pictures and maybe even film

Until then, toodels!
Old 11-03-2019, 07:56 AM   #413
Quarry Creeper

The 6x6 was haulin the 4's over to a photoshoot and winter storage today

Sent fra min SM-G965F via Tapatalk
Old 11-03-2019, 11:50 AM   #414
Quarry Creeper

So about two years ago I bought myself a grey TRX-4 Defender, allready modified with a new servo, a mamba X ESC and a brushless 2280kv motor in it.
My thought was that this was a one-time investment, this truck that was allready upgraded would last me a long long time and be an almost free hobby, I just had to charge the battery and drive the heck out of this truck..
Coz', this was just a little toy-grade electric truck, what could possibly lead to any amount of money spent on this?

Well, I found a couple black holes to throw the money into, and I dont regret a single penny of it, I love these trucks and they are all running mamba X with the same type motor.. So much for the "free hobby"..
Old 11-03-2019, 12:52 PM   #415
I wanna be Dave

And a gorgeous collection it is, too!

Great photograph...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2019, 12:48 PM   #416
Quarry Creeper

Damn I'm too f***ing scared of new things..
I've had several upgrades on RX/TX during the last years lying on the shelf, but just never dared to start to change receiver and such on my own, and I was kind of embarrassed to ask someone for help, so I just never got to it..
But on friday I received my Flysky NB4 Noble, and boy have I waited for that one! Since I tried my friends nb4 I just knew that I had to have that one, and he actually said he would help me set it up.. Well, he lives about 340km away from me, so we doesnt see eachother too often..
So today after work I was staring at my TRX4 Sport and thought that "man, I could at least try".. And you know what? 3mins later the new receiver was connected and paired with the nb4, why do I overthink everything like this!!
But O'BOY does it feel great to actually overcome a fear like that, I'm feelin' good tonight! hehe
Well, I've allready adjusted the endpoints for the steering, turned down the steering-speed to make it look more scale(I'm going to run 100% fast steering on the sport, this was just to test the feature), the old receiver is pulled out and the lid on the receiverbox is back on and it all looks even a bit cleaner than before since I also pulled out the antenna.

So the next thing now will be to upgrade the micro servos in the trx-6 for the powerHD ones, but I think I'll wait for the new receiver to do all that in one operation.
I just cant wait to get the TRX-6 connected to this controller
Old 11-04-2019, 12:50 PM   #417
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
And a gorgeous collection it is, too!

Great photograph...
Thanks alot buddy
I'm thinking of trading the Defender-chassis with a basher of some kind.. I really want a HPI Savage XS Flux, and they are really cheap on the used marked even here in Norway.. So I'll have to see, maybe I just buy a Savage XS and keep them all..
I wonder if my wife will continue beeing my wife until next summer, this is kind of getting further than I was planning.. :p
Old 11-07-2019, 12:27 PM   #418
Quarry Creeper

Since it's thursday, and it's on the day 2 years since I first got my first crawler.. I think it's appropriate that i do a #tbt to my first picture taken of the allready chopped TRX-4 Defender that I bought used.

I still got this chassis, but it has gone through some bodies and we've had a lot of fun and I've learned a LOT during this two years.. I actually thought it was at least three years.. :o

One thing is sure, the hobby has gotten to me, I really love this hobby!
Old 11-07-2019, 12:50 PM   #419
Slow is the new Fast

Do you ever have a gorgeous fleet man!! Is the hummer a Traxxas as well? You have photographed them well. What area of Norway are you from? A few years back I took a ferry from Frederickshavn, DK to Stavanger Norway. After hiking Preikestolen I drove from Stavanger to Kristiansand. What I saw of Norway I just loved. Beautiful country.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 01:16 PM   #420
Quarry Creeper

Thanks smog, I'm quite satisfied with the whole pack myself, I just fell totally for the pickup-version when I got it, and after some time that one was painted black and to this day that's still the body that I love the most of them all.. Even if the Hummer is a highlight of the collection, I still love the appearance of my black beauty

All the chassis are Traxxas TRX-4/6, the Hummer body is actually sitting on the original Defender body that I bought first of them. I need to say that I only got three chassis, all of them upgraded, but the family photo is photoshopped to make it look like all of them got each chassis, sorry for the trickery..

Ah, you surely picked one of the highlights of Norway to visit, especially when you dont have much time the route you set up for sure gave a lot of views pr hour visited I guess. But you need to come back, you've just had a tiny little glimpse of what my magnificent country has to offer.. I know a lot of people dreams about visiting the states(myself included), but spending time in my home country is my favorite thing to do at vacations..
So give me a call when you plan to revisit, I'll give you lots of good hints about places to visit.

sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Your TRX-4 Viewing pleasure...Kisun's RC Life ScoJac Scale Videos! 2 08-06-2017 11:58 AM
ultra 4's at superlift orvpark ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 4 10-15-2012 05:35 PM
HPI Micro RS-4's ridepate Non Crawler RC's 4 02-12-2012 01:17 PM
Underground Crawlers Fastback and FF-4's at Haulover DickyT Videos! 22 08-31-2010 03:58 PM
All the new 2.4's slobin3d Electronics 8 09-07-2009 06:16 AM