Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Help me please

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2018, 02:58 PM   #1

Default Help me please

So my trx4 is having motor issues I don’t know what it is but I’ve tried everything thing I’ve found on the internet like spraying water Inside it blowing it out with air and it keeps making this whirring noise once I get up past half throttle and it’s this horrible screeching noise that I can’t fix at all so if anyone knows any other way please do tell me thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
trex4Owner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-27-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Help me please

Quote:
Originally Posted by trex4Owner View Post
So my trx4 is having motor issues I don’t know what it is but I’ve tried everything thing I’ve found on the internet like spraying water Inside it blowing it out with air and it keeps making this whirring noise once I get up past half throttle and it’s this horrible screeching noise that I can’t fix at all so if anyone knows any other way please do tell me thanks

Sounds like a bearing went. New motor is your only option as the stock motor isn't serviceable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:10 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post
Sounds like a bearing went. New motor is your only option as the stock motor isn't serviceable.

Hmmmmm well I hope that’s not the case but I’ve seen a few videos where they had the same issue only on Traxxas vehicles but they just sprayed some water which I did and it fixes it for like 10 mins but after that it’s back to the whole screech sound and people online keep saying it’s something stuck in it so I have no clue but thank you

Old 01-27-2018, 03:26 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Hmmmmm well I hope that’s not the case but I’ve seen a few videos where they had the same issue only on Traxxas vehicles but they just sprayed some water which I did and it fixes it for like 10 mins but after that it’s back to the whole screech sound and people online keep saying it’s something stuck in it so I have no clue but thank you

If its coming back its probably the motor. How much time is on it?

Evo93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:27 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evo93 View Post
If its coming back its probably the motor. How much time is on it?

At the most 3 hours so I don’t understand why it’s doing that but yea it comes back just fine but later starts again and thanks for helping

Old 01-27-2018, 03:31 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Quote:
At the most 3 hours so I don’t understand why it’s doing that but yea it comes back just fine but later starts again and thanks for helping

They're cheap throw away motors. I've had motors that were DOA and others that just wouldn't quit. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

Try taking the motor out and cleaning it with motor/electronics cleaner and the put a small drop of light machine oil on the bushings. That might buy you a little more time with it. Don't use WD40.
EZCompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 03:38 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZCompany View Post
They're cheap throw away motors. I've had motors that were DOA and others that just wouldn't quit. Just the luck of the draw I guess.

Try taking the motor out and cleaning it with motor/electronics cleaner and the put a small drop of light machine oil on the bushings. That might buy you a little more time with it. Don't use WD40.

Well I’ll try and see if I’ll do that idk it could be something Stuck because where I live it’s muddy and stuff like that but yea Ik that wd40 is BAD so thank you very much

Old 01-27-2018, 06:46 PM   #8

Hmmm. I'm wondering if your pinion gear has slipped on the shaft. On some box fresh trx the pinion engagement is 50% or less and could easily strip the Drive gear with that little engagement. Especially if some debris got in the mesh. Check your pinion gear mesh and see if any gears are stripped.

TroopThrowback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2018, 06:50 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroopThrowback View Post
Hmmm. I'm wondering if your pinion gear has slipped on the shaft. On some box fresh trx the pinion engagement is 50% or less and could easily strip the Drive gear with that little engagement. Especially if some debris got in the mesh. Check your pinion gear mesh and see if any gears are stripped.

Hmm ok thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroopThrowback View Post

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I6evoYVXwj4 here’s what it sounds like and I tried electronic cleaner and nothing

Last edited by THX_138; 02-11-2018 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-28-2018, 06:20 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Oil your motor bushings, man. Use good quality bushing oil, two small drops per bushing and allow to soak in.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 08:41 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
Oil your motor bushings, man. Use good quality bushing oil, two small drops per bushing and allow to soak in.

Is that what the noise is (I have a vid up if u didn’t watch it) cuz I don’t want to continue wasting money when I could just by a new motor cuz I’ve already wasted money on compressed air and electronic cleaner

Old 01-28-2018, 08:47 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Is that what the noise is (I have a vid up if u didn’t watch it) cuz I don’t want to continue wasting money when I could just by a new motor cuz I’ve already wasted money on compressed air and electronic cleaner

Yup, high-pitched screeching is the motor bushings needing oiled. I use inexpensive nice and thin sewing machine oil or 3-in-1 oil, but bushing oil may work better. For my cheap $10 motor, nothing but the worst! LOLZ
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 11:06 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Yup, high-pitched screeching is the motor bushings needing oiled. I use inexpensive nice and thin sewing machine oil or 3-in-1 oil, but bushing oil may work better. For my cheap $10 motor, nothing but the worst! LOLZ

Dumbest question ever you think shock oil would work that’s all I got lmao

Old 01-28-2018, 11:26 PM   #14
I wanna be Dave

No 3in1 oil, no shock oil, buy a bottle of rc motor bushing oil or good sewing machine oil etc.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:21 AM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natedog View Post
No 3in1 oil, no shock oil, buy a bottle of rc motor bushing oil or good sewing machine oil etc.
Natedog's correct as usual. Shock oil is too thick to soak in to the bushing.
StomperCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:48 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StomperCrawler View Post
Natedog's correct as usual. Shock oil is too thick to soak in to the bushing.

Wait why not 3 in 1? I always heard using this in place of sewing machine oil (other than RC applications as I'm new to RC). Not to hijack but what's wrong with using 3in1 on the motor bushings? I'm learning as much as I can.

TroopThrowback is offline   Reply With Quote