Notices

Thread: Schs2013 Project "Ratty-Trucky Truggy"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2018, 10:01 AM   #61
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: Schs2013 Project "Ratty-Trucky Truggy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
Had a really tough run but was fun today. Broke/stripped both diff locker servos and steering. And a few bearings may or may not have died. Was fun now time to fix! I got a really good amount of run time I'm definitely not upset.

Thinking Spools now that I tried the diff locker option.
And finally a Bluetooth module, or DX5C system. (Tired of counting blinking lights)
And my go to savox of choice.

Looks like upgrades for this build are now having to happen.

Sent from my FRD-L14 using Tapatalk
Ouch, 3 servo failures in 1 run? That’s rough! Did something happen or did they all occur separately?
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2018, 11:19 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Ouch, 3 servo failures in 1 run? That’s rough! Did something happen or did they all occur separately?
I think the steering was already on its way out. So I thought I had 1 more run but it didn't.
The diff locker servos failed for unknown twitching reasons, with a electrical over heating smell end points where set l correctly so I'm not sure why they failed I did use them as needed, so assuming they got to hot how I can not figure out.

Schs2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:22 AM   #63
Gold Star Baby!

That is strange. how old is your truck? Still using the stock esc?
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 11:27 AM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Stock ESC. And all stock Servos. Had it since November been carefully with it. I'm running 3s 11.1v

Old 05-22-2018, 01:35 PM   #65
Quarry Creeper

First sorry about not responding sooner. I did not see your comment. Thanks for the kind words.
The cage bending is on hold as I need a heat gun for the styrene to bend it. I don't know how to weld or braze stuff so it is taking much longer to build and learn how to. Without a proper working area I can't go to much further at the moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Great build brotha! Really digging it! I'm looking into building my own rear cage/exo cage in the near future. How's the wire bending working for you? What material are you using? Welding or sweating the cage together? Hope all is well! Looking forward to seeing the Bullhead come to life!

Last edited by Schs2013; 05-22-2018 at 01:40 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 04:52 PM   #66

Where the heck has this build been hiding?! Looking great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
brokemudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 07:19 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokemudder View Post
Where the heck has this build been hiding?! Looking great!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Brokemudder thanks for checking out my build and commenting. it's not hiding it's still being built currently lots in background outside of RC world going on in my life this build has not gone fast as I have hoped it would so far but such is life. I'm just happy others enjoy seeing my first TRX 4 body build as it isn't a full scratch build.

Old 05-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Big thanks to you guys n gals who checked out my first build Based on the Traxxas TRX 4 platform.

I've not forgotten this build, no I haven't life's been changing for the better and I hoped to keep it getting better at the same time RC time has sufficiently been affected but I'm doing what I can to do a small update here and there.
Thanks for all your patience and support so far. And comments have all been appreciated.

-Marc A.K.A Schs2013

Old 05-23-2018, 06:26 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Hey Marc, happy to hear that life is going in the right direction for you! We are all looking forward to see how bullhead turns out. We all understand how life is. So no apologies necessary.

I've been digging into the cage building/brazing research allot lately. Thinking about building a nukiser truggy body for my Trx-4. Pretty sure I'm going to go with an aluminum tube cage/exo. In my searches I ran across allot of helpful info. That's also how I found your awesome build. Keep up the good work. Update us when you get a chance. Have a great day!
AnimalHippie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 08:19 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

So not getting the strengh i thought i would get from the styerne tubes. what would i need to start a metal cage? a wire bender i have dont know if it would work well to bend brass/metal of some sort. any tips or pointers you guys may have to point me in right direction for working with metal? im going to be getting a electric heat gun so i can heat the metal and roll it easier. i have no brazing or metal work skills so i might E6000 it together as a option.
Old 05-31-2018, 12:57 PM   #71
RCC Addict

Buy some aluminum brake line, a solder gun & solder, a round file & do some demo brazing. My test runs have went good. I watched some you tube then tried it. I also have knowledge in metal work / welding. If you're mechanical at all... just watch some you tube then try it. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the first time. Try again. The plastic cage I modified on my defender body is holding together good. I used guitar string in the center with super glue holding the string in the bars & black E6000 on the joints. I'm a noob to rc but have been fabricating 1:1 stuff for 16yrs or more. Have a great day!
Old 05-31-2018, 02:38 PM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the help. I got the 60/40 solder with rosin core for electrical soldering. And a 60watt soldering iron. The rest I would have to go purchase.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Buy some aluminum brake line, a solder gun & solder, a round file & do some demo brazing. My test runs have went good. I watched some you tube then tried it. I also have knowledge in metal work / welding. If you're mechanical at all... just watch some you tube then try it. Don't get discouraged if it doesn't work the first time. Try again. The plastic cage I modified on my defender body is holding together good. I used guitar string in the center with super glue holding the string in the bars & black E6000 on the joints. I'm a noob to rc but have been fabricating 1:1 stuff for 16yrs or more. Have a great day!
Old 05-31-2018, 02:44 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Oh the E6000 I have is clear. And my two bass guitars need new strings so I already have some ready. I'll try it again with the styrene see how that goes with this new knowledge.

Old 05-31-2018, 02:54 PM   #74
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schs2013 View Post
Oh the E6000 I have is clear. And my two bass guitars need new strings so I already have some ready. I'll try it again with the styrene see how that goes with this new knowledge.

Look at my build tread. There's some pics on there of what I did. The guitar string trick definitely helped. My truck has taken some good slams on the new cage with no breakage. You can get E6000 & shoegoo in black, but I haven't been able to find it locally. So I graded some solid rubber to dust & added it to a pool of E6000. It turned out pretty good. Pics in thread. As for the solder I keep seeing everyone recommend super silver for aluminum brazing. I'm not sure what the difference is. Good luck brother!
Old 06-06-2018, 12:52 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Well nothing exciting today to mention. Doing preventative maintenance. To transmission and Axles if time permits I'll get to the Bullhead body.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:31 PM   #76
Quarry Creeper

Winches ordered, and couple other pieces. And some drive shafts for my rc4wd D90.
Just curious to see what that lcg battery tray will bring to the table.

Old 06-09-2018, 05:31 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

Relaxing evening. Installing spools in TRX 4. Before work tomorrow and camping trips. Then D90 get's drive shafts after they arrive from customs with the rest of my order.

Old 06-12-2018, 09:45 PM   #78
Quarry Creeper

Took my time installing the Spools and trying Cowrc udderbutter.

Part 2
My first BowHouse RC products. Still fits a 3s 5000mah nice and snug n lower. I bought the rear chassis bace just incase I feel like I'll ever need it for bigger batteries.

Old 06-15-2018, 08:24 PM   #79
Quarry Creeper

So after a few run's with the LCG battery tray from BowHouse RC I feel like it was a even better. Trail machine I think for anyone will to try one who notice a difference not huge. But will move your Trucks center of gravity down just that much more feeling much more planted. Now going to do a little bit more rig tuning.

Old 06-19-2018, 04:44 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Some quick pictures from camping testing LCG battery tray in TRX 4.

Schs2013 Project "Ratty-Trucky Truggy" - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Project "Finally Started" Hilux Truggy Unfadingpyro 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 12-17-2016 06:17 AM
project "HOT SEXY B!TCH" Mattzilla yota truggy nos nut 1.9 Scale Rigs 40 07-16-2013 07:23 AM
~PROJECT~"FULL-TILT YOTA"~ (Truggy/Flatbed Style) BiG_DaWgZ 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 12-24-2011 05:59 PM