Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Sunset Bronco Unboxing (and eventual build)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2018, 01:59 PM   #21
Gold Star Baby!

Default Re: TRX-4 Sunset Bronco Unboxing (and eventual build)

Stock servo in the red bronco crapped out so it was time to upgrade, for some reason I can never just buy one part and ended up with this lot.

Savox 1231sg (with protek horn and extension cable)
2 x bow house servo mounts
2 x bow house LCG battery tray (and some straps)
Traxxas underdrive gears (going in the rear of the sunset bronco)
Hobbywing1080 esc for big red
Holmes hobbies trail master sport 27t for big red
Traxxas push bar (not pictured, for sunset)
Attached Images

Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-12-2018, 06:11 PM   #22
Gold Star Baby!

Got the bowhouse gear and servo installed today. Pretty happy with all of it, the battery is certainly a good bit lower in the body. My 3s venom packs fit but the 2s hard case venoms do not, I only run 3s on these so no big deal.

The servo mount is perfect for savox servos. Only item of note here is the holes for the screws are thinner than the usual screws. I don’t have specs off hand, but I ended up having to use the skinny philips screws that come in the savox package.

Happy with the savox 1231sg in the living room test. Will see how it does on the trail this weekend.

Pic of the battery trays, I should have put a battery in the stock tray, but just keep in mind that it would top out where the battery tie down is, big difference visually at least.
Attached Images

Old 04-14-2018, 02:55 AM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Got the bowhouse gear and servo installed today. Pretty happy with all of it, the battery is certainly a good bit lower in the body. My 3s venom packs fit but the 2s hard case venoms do not, I only run 3s on these so no big deal.

The servo mount is perfect for savox servos. Only item of note here is the holes for the screws are thinner than the usual screws. I don’t have specs off hand, but I ended up having to use the skinny philips screws that come in the savox package.

Glad you like the parts so far. As far as the servo mounting holes go, they are sized for M3 screws, but as with all printed parts, it helps to clear out M3 holes with a 3/32 drill bit to remove extra material. Then apply a little pressure to the screw when starting it until you feel the initial bite. That said, I suspect if you just removed the smaller self-tapping screws now and tried M3 screws they’d fit fine. “thumbsup”
new2rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:41 AM   #24
Gold Star Baby!

Alrighty a couple more updates and pictures.

First off got some new shoes for the built up trx4, these are ssd d holes with ssd hubs. Digging these and the look. Easy to mount and seem to hold the bead well. The red body is in much better shape than the sunset body at this point so it’s the photo shoot body and the one to get the upgrades for now.

Also got some license plates made, these are designed for 1:10 vehicles but come out a little small for the trx4 which makes some sense as it is measured to be a 1:8.5 per another thread here. They look great on the 4 tec 2.0 though. From SRDLV out here in Nevada. They are aluminum plates, not stickers.

Lastly, the lighting kit from my trick rc (via amain) showed up yesterday. Got it all hooked up. Content with the kit so far. The functionality is great. In the pics below you’ll see the various settings; running lights only, normal headlights, and brights. As well as functioning reverse lights. I’ve never had a lighting kit that wasn’t $6 off amazon and just plugged into the receiver box so I’m no pro, but this was straight forward for me to set up and fits great. Only 2 very small 3D printed pieces that are just clips to hold in the front marker lights. They seem up to task. Downsides are there is a lot of wiring of course, and it adds a good bit of weigh to whichever side the controller is mounted.

(masking tape is temporary)

https://i.imgur.com/NytFzxc.gifv <<< reverse lights

Next up, new clear bronco body for shelf queen life and a power shift light kit.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 05-06-2018 at 11:48 AM.

TRX-4 Sunset Bronco Unboxing (and eventual build) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Traxxas TRX-4 KIT Bronco fxman General Crawlers 115 04-22-2018 10:26 AM
TRX-4 Bronco Build rcohio26 Traxxas TRX-4 38 03-26-2018 09:57 PM
Traxxas Ford Bronco TRX-4 at Nuremberg (via bigsquid) tachikoma1373 Traxxas TRX-4 10 02-01-2018 10:20 AM
TRX Bronco Exocaged Traxxas TRX-4 13 07-20-2017 07:16 AM
Ebay Score, and eventual scaler build! STEEL_CITY_CRAWLER General Scale Talk 17 10-10-2007 11:47 PM