RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   Jato Got a Bronco (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/595891-jato-got-bronco.html)

JDM74 02-27-2018 08:29 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
I bought one for my wife as a Christmas present for her first crawler. I hadn't really looked at them that hard before then. When she unwrapped and unboxed it and I got a chance to really look it over I was really impressed at how much thought and time was put into it and the quality of the parts. Traxxas really did their homework. Yeah, the Defender body is heavy but she doesn't mind. Fullsize Broncos aren't really my thing but this body looks great.

OSRC 02-28-2018 07:19 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5805746)
A friend told me that his could tackle most obstacles with diffs unlocked. It was so hard to believe. Then I experienced it for myself. Crazy.

The Bronco should be even better then the Defender since the body is so much lighter. THe sheer weight of the Defender helps though cause it puts a lot of pressure on the contact patches.

Sunny and in the 40's on Sunday. I'm just saying...

JatoTheRipper 02-28-2018 07:21 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by OSRC (Post 5805937)
The Bronco should be even better then the Defender since the body is so much lighter. THe sheer weight of the Defender helps though cause it puts a lot of pressure on the contact patches.

Sunny and in the 40's on Sunday. I'm just saying...

I don't know how heavy the Defender body is as I've never held one, but the Bronco certainly isn't light.

I'm up for a run on Sunday! "thumbsup"

durok 02-28-2018 09:06 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Congrats on the TRX-4, Jato!

Someone is tempting me with a trade request for a kit Bomber straight up to a Defender, but since I have only 1 cage for my planned 2 Bomber build-off.... Shit.

I don't want to buy all the parts for a second cage, that's one reason I went for the Xtreme Racing carbon fiber frame rails for the 2nd one. So I guess for now I am going to miss out on the TRX-4 experience!

Maybe later this year, I want to do a white with black hood and roof Bronco. With RC4WD Ground Hawgs.... On the Hutchinson replica Command ring LURC wheels...

More future plans to dream on. Gotta say I love the fact that the Protek Shorty 3S fits up front!

JatoTheRipper 02-28-2018 09:58 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by durok (Post 5805976)
Congrats on the TRX-4, Jato!

Someone is tempting me with a trade request for a kit Bomber straight up to a Defender, but since I have only 1 cage for my planned 2 Bomber build-off.... Shit.

I don't want to buy all the parts for a second cage, that's one reason I went for the Xtreme Racing carbon fiber frame rails for the 2nd one. So I guess for now I am going to miss out on the TRX-4 experience!

Maybe later this year, I want to do a white with black hood and roof Bronco. With RC4WD Ground Hawgs.... On the Hutchinson replica Command ring LURC wheels...

More future plans to dream on. Gotta say I love the fact that the Protek Shorty 3S fits up front!

Thanks!

I'm keeping my Bomber, but I don't need more than one. Maybe if I did an IFS build, but I don't see that happening anytime soon since mine does more crawling than go-fast.

Somebody on Facebook installed the Ground Hawgs. They look great! If they were in the newest compound I'd give them a try. RC4WD X2SS leaves me wanting for more though.

Which LURC wheels are Hutchinson replicas? Hatchets?

durok 02-28-2018 12:35 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5805992)
Thanks!

I'm keeping my Bomber, but I don't need more than one. Maybe if I did an IFS build, but I don't see that happening anytime soon since mine does more crawling than go-fast.

Somebody on Facebook installed the Ground Hawgs. They look great! If they were in the newest compound I'd give them a try. RC4WD X2SS leaves me wanting for more though.

Which LURC wheels are Hutchinson replicas? Hatchets?

The limited edition Command Series 1.9" beadlock rings are replicas of the Jeep Forward Control concept vehicle's Hutchinson wheels. Full coverage beadlock rings with integrated center caps. Already bought them and the Ground Hawgs for use with the GMC Topkick body. Still waiting on the LURC special extra-wide wheels to be anodized black so I can order those. I figure the 2 Bomber builds are going to be very different from one another, with the Topkick running a Revolver inside a rail chassis...

cartronicshn 02-28-2018 03:53 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
So Jato, to give you an idea, i am jealous of everyone who has the bronco right now, although i have the defender and already placed the order on the bronco sunset red though, i will go bananas waiting for it to arrive, a couple of weeks at best (in reality it should be 3) so please help get by, posy pics and vids of yours..:ror:"thumbsup"

CM9000 02-28-2018 09:44 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
ill be getting a bronco to put it up on the shelf. I bought a tactical version to really beat on. but does it really crawl like that but on off camber with open diffs? you should try and mess with diff fluids to see if you can get it to.

Killa-Cotton 03-05-2018 07:43 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
My Bronco will be here today so i cant comment on its out of the box performance. I assume it will be close to the defender version which i have. I will say the Trx4 performs better than i thought it would. The weight is nice and the shocks are near perfect. I still love the performance of my Bomber kit version though. I think Axial did a awesome job with it.

JatoTheRipper 03-05-2018 08:03 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Well the Nor'easter put a damper on my plans to go trailing. And we're supposed to get another Nor'easter in the next day or so.

I have my first upgrades before I even got a chance to take the Bronco out on the trail. I'm not sure I'm going to install them yet though.

SSD portal weights and underdrive gears for the rear.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4665/...5469c38b_b.jpg

ebbet 03-05-2018 08:24 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5807830)
Well the Nor'easter put a damper on my plans to go trailing. And we're supposed to get another Nor'easter in the next day or so.

I have my first upgrades before I even got a chance to take the Bronco out on the trail. I'm not sure I'm going to install them yet though.

SSD portal weights and underdrive gears for the rear.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4665/...5469c38b_b.jpg

I'm interested to hear how the underdrive gears work for you. Those SSD portal covers look nice!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Topher Builds 03-05-2018 09:56 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
The only reason I’d suggest putting them on sooner rather than later is because there wasn’t much grease from the factory in the portal gears. I ended up adding a bit of red and tacky to all 4 portals.

JatoTheRipper 03-06-2018 11:47 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
I love the stock wheels. I like the hole style wheels. My S-10 had something similar and I loved them. Because of this I was trying to find aftermarket beadlock wheels that kept the stock look. After a bunch of searching I decided on the GCM Racing wheels. This is my first set of GCM wheels. In fact, it's my very first GCM product. They were shipped in a padded envelope which really concerned me. These wheels aren't cheap and I paid for shipping so I was expecting a box. Expensive items should be shipped in a box, period. Fortunately, the wheels were undamaged inside. They are pretty!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4610/...73a202a0_b.jpg

They also included candy and some decals in the envelope. Cool! I love freebies! "thumbsup"

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4752/...09778eda_b.jpg

I also ordered up some SSD hubs for the front. And, of course, I had to get the installation tool as well.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4776/...1ed65574_b.jpg

Let's get those pretty wheels out of their wrappers. Wow! Excellent machining!

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4783/...302a070c_b.jpg

Here I set a GCM wheel on top of the stock tire and wheel combo and laid it next to the stockers to give me an idea of how they compared. Close enough for me! I expect a bunch of people, that are willing to pay for quality wheels, to copy this look.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4758/...0a6cbcb0_b.jpg

svt923 03-06-2018 12:20 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Locked Up 2-56 acorn nuts and some setscrews go great with the GCM wheels.

http://i.imgur.com/I40WeIvl.jpg

JatoTheRipper 03-06-2018 12:23 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by svt923 (Post 5808311)
Locked Up 2-56 acorn nuts and some setscrews go great with the GCM wheels.

I was thinking the exact same thing as I was assembling them! "thumbsup"

Topher Builds 03-06-2018 12:44 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Sweet wheels, great stock look.

How come only ssd wheel hubs for the front though? Sticking with the stock rubber too?

JatoTheRipper 03-06-2018 12:59 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pant Danza (Post 5808326)
Sweet wheels, great stock look.

How come only ssd wheel hubs for the front though? Sticking with the stock rubber too?

Thank you!

The SSD hubs have the manual lockers. Those don't go on the rear of 1:1 vehicles. SSD does offer black hubs for the rear. I might try those, but I'm going to see if I like any of the hubs I have lying around at home before I buy the SSD hubs for the rear.

Nope. The Bronco is getting new rubber as well. I spent last night mounting a couple of different tires. I think I found what I'm going to use at least for now.

Stay tuned.

JatoTheRipper 03-06-2018 06:05 PM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
I tried Pitbull Rock Beast XLs. They were too big. Hyrax are close to stock height and they would fit. But I settled on the Team Ottsix Voodoo KLR tires since I have barely used them since I bought them. They are very close to the stock size.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4622/...0f94c407_b.jpg

JatoTheRipper 03-07-2018 09:22 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Browneye (Post 5808639)
Yeah...and pick up your shoes! :lmao:

Wheels look great Jato. "thumbsup"

I have some Proline BFG Krawlers for my K5 and worried they'll be too big. The RBXL's wouldn't fit in the wells or just too out of scale?

Thanks!

Below is a shot of the RBXLs installed. I don't have any other shots, but this shows they will fit in the wheel wells no problem. But they looked too big for me and they will rub a lot at full articulation.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4776/...38504fdc_b.jpg

Killa-Cotton 03-07-2018 09:53 AM

Re: Jato Got a Bronco
 
Standard Rock Beast would probably be perfect.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com