Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: xl5-hv reversing issue

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-03-2018, 07:36 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default xl5-hv reversing issue

Hi folks.

I’ve got 50km on my rig now. Recently the xl5-hv has started to have a odd issue. I have a BEC wired in so its not working too hard but it’s struggling to go in reverse. Can sometimes take a few attempts before it responds. I have reset the TQi and re-input the esc mode to no avail.

Is this just a sign of the esc failing? I notice in neutral the green light is not always on. Sometimes flickering and often off.

Any info appreciated.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-2018, 05:55 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: xl5-hv reversing issue

Check out this thread Mode 5 originally back in August.

Might play with the sub trim. Also make sure the trigger is fully seated in which ever mode you are running in, 50/50 or the 70/30 if that got bumped it can affect the way the radio interperates its dead band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScoJac View Post
Mine is also working fine, I do have the Bluetooth module installed in the radio. I opened the app and went into the drive effects seen the throttle trim at 0% and the throttle sensitivity at 0% also. I then went to garage and then to channel setup then throttle, my sub trim is at 0%, the brake is at 100% and the throttle is at 100% also. You may just need to do a fine tune with the sub trim either in the app or it can be done manually from the transmitter.

I did play with the percentages and did get it to act up a little.

I'd recalibrate the esc (page 18 in the manual) if that fails to remedy the issue, I'd play with setting the throttle sub trim (page 35 in the manual walks you through it).

That's what I'd try, worth a shot ?
Hope this can help everyone.

Last edited by ScoJac; 03-03-2018 at 06:07 PM.
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 05:27 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Ah many thanks. I have reset the TQI to no affect. I’ll check the tuning. Many thanks.
o0wiz0o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 07:26 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
Hi folks.

I’ve got 50km on my rig now. Recently the xl5-hv has started to have a odd issue. I have a BEC wired in so its not working too hard but it’s struggling to go in reverse. Can sometimes take a few attempts before it responds. I have reset the TQi and re-input the esc mode to no avail.

Is this just a sign of the esc failing? I notice in neutral the green light is not always on. Sometimes flickering and often off.

Any info appreciated.

I had the same problem, and all over the forums nobody could understand the problem.
If you are running the right mode like for example CRAWL or TRAIL MODE your issue can be solved following the step in this video by traxxas
you can find on traxxas videos support page or just go here and follow the steps

https://traxxas.com/support/video#/?...Id=0&videoId=8

or here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM0IRJUT9Ew

Last edited by TIX74; 04-01-2020 at 08:06 AM.
TIX74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2020, 12:11 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

My non-HV-XL5 in the Stampede had a similar Problem after water corrosion made a bit resistance between the three coolers.
One is more or less battery plus, one a motor pole, and a bit resistance between those two gives athe measuring electronics a signal making it think the motor is still turning so it won't brake and reverse.
Try to clean the muck and then isolate the coolers with silicone spray or a thin layer coating spray.
amigaman is offline   Reply With Quote

xl5-hv reversing issue - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
XL5 esc issue FossilJunkie Formula Offroad 7 06-11-2012 04:10 PM
Spektrum DX3.0 Reversing Issue keithgemmill Axial AX-10 Scorpion 2 08-13-2010 09:36 PM
reversing? rmdesignworks WRCCA Rules 16 12-25-2009 08:17 AM
xl5 issue jetboat Non Crawler RC's 6 06-30-2008 05:19 PM
Reversing HELP! Nova Electronics 3 08-17-2005 12:00 AM