RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Traxxas TRX-4 (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/)
-   -   Ok TRX4 experts, HELP!! (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/traxxas-trx-4/596405-ok-trx4-experts-help.html)

gilnasty82 03-09-2018 05:03 PM

Ok TRX4 experts, HELP!!

Sooo, i built the chassis kit (cause the build is just as much fun as driving!!) but when i ordered the clear defender body to paint myself, it DOES NOT it the chassis kit!! The new inner fenders mounted to the chassis keep it from dropping onto the frame!!! DAMNIT!!!:cry:
Also the body posts/holes in body don't line up perfectly, which is not as big of a deal. Am i missing something here??!! Did they change that much for the chassis kit?? Wheelbase is right, it's just the chassis mounted inner fenders holding me up!!! GRRRRRRR!!!!:x:x:x

Topher Builds 03-09-2018 05:19 PM

Re: Ok TRX4 experts, HELP!!

The wheelbase on the kit is about a half inch shorter than the wheelbase on the defender RTR so that’s likely why the post holes don’t line up.

I’ve seen somewhere before that someone put that body on the 12.3” trx4 but they cut the fenders off the inside of the defender, only leaving enough for the screws that attach the outter fenders to the inner. I tried to google for it with no luck.

Inspector86 03-09-2018 07:31 PM

The TRX4 Defender RTR has a 12.8" wheelbase, the shock towers are seperate parts from the fenders and the inner fenders are mounted to the body along with the fender flairs. The TRX4 kit is a 12.3" wheel base and the inner fenders are mounted to the chassis and the inner fenders and shock towers are molded in one unit. The rest of the chassis is the same on both rigs. To properly use the Defender body you will need to buy the Defender inner fenders, fender cross braces, wheel flairs and misc body support parts plus a set of shock towers and a set of Defender rear suspension links.

gilnasty82 03-10-2018 12:27 PM

Inspector86, I spoke with Traxxas last night and that is exactly what I'm doing. They are sending me MOST of the parts i need!! Traxxas is freakin awesome!! Granted it's been.......years, since they have released a kit, I would've never thought the kit version would be THAT different from the RTR!! Anyways, thanks for the responses guys!! I'll TRY to post it up when I'm done. May be a bit....I'm a procrastinator AND a perfectionist!! :ror::ror:

JatoTheRipper 03-10-2018 01:45 PM

Why are they sending you parts that weren't supposed to be included in the kit anyway?

gilnasty82 03-10-2018 02:59 PM

Because i told them what i was trying to do, which is pretty much build my own RTR TRX-4 Defender. I wasn't aware of the fact that they were different. As soon as they ID'd the parts i needed they asked for my address!! Traxxas is awesome!! Granted they are a VERY BIG company and it wouldn't hurt them to give away an entire vehicle (they do all the time), but they most definitely have great customer service!!

Inspector86 03-10-2018 07:11 PM

Very cool! Be sure to post up picks once you have it all together. We LOVE pictures!!

gilnasty82 03-13-2018 11:38 PM

Will do!!

gilnasty82 03-24-2018 09:14 AM

I've got her all done. Well for now, i cant ever leave an RC alone for too long before i start upgrading, changing, or customizing SOMETHING!! Was gonna post some pics but not sure how!! I do see at the bottom it's telling me i cant post attachments. Ummmm...... i need to.....a-ttach....some....pics....????? WTH?!!

gilnasty82 04-10-2018 11:45 AM

[IMG]C:\Users\jfrazier\Desktop\rc[/IMG]