Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Lubrication and Grease-cutter recommendations

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2018, 01:59 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Lubrication and Grease-cutter recommendations

So I ran my truck for a year through mud, sand, snow, and dirt, and while it's run great through all of that, I finally decided to do a full tear down and cleaning/re-lubing of the entire drive train.

To give you and idea how sludgy everything is, I'm currently shopping for parts washers. Which leads me to two questions:

1. Any advice for a degreaser that plays nice with parts washers and RC type plastics (ideally water based, so it's less hassle to dispose of waste, and is apparently easier on pumps). I'm not worried about the metal parts, but want to ensure the plastic bits are ok.

2. Looking for thoughts on re-lubing the trans, diffs, and especially the portals. I've recently moved to a new property with a lot of muddy water features around, so want to ensure I've got everything setup properly. I used red-n-tacky last season, which has done ok, but seems to get dirty very quickly. Any ideas for something that would attract less dirt, and help with doing a lot of mudmarining?
AggressorBLUE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Lubrication and Grease-cutter recommendations - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Recommendations for "good" axle/gear grease? LowLock Team Losi Comp Crawler 5 05-26-2011 11:12 PM
Diff/Tranny Grease and lubrication. prioret Tamiya Clod Buster 1 03-27-2011 10:35 AM
drill / grinder / cutter / rotary tool recommendations? matador88 Tools, and Procedures 6 04-08-2010 05:59 AM
Vinyl cutter recommendations? MrNate Paint and Body 14 03-31-2009 03:27 PM