Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2018, 10:30 AM   #101
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee

It's been a while since I've been working on the TRX4. I have been really frustrated with the Traxxashit. Replaced the bum servo finally and now looking forward to getting a new radio because I can't set the endpoint switch stock Traxxashit radio. NO I won't buy the wifi part either. Already sold radio and receiver when I was at the track racing carpet 2wd. $40 and gone took it all out hahahaha. If things continue I feel this truck is going to be gone also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-19-2018, 02:10 PM   #102
Rock Crawler

The weather is finally nice enough so I am finally getting some color on the body
Next step is to pick up a new radio well time to let the paint dry and head off to the LHS... almost feels like Xmas with all the new toys hahahaha

Old 05-19-2018, 03:36 PM   #103
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
looking forward to getting a new radio because I can't set the endpoint switch stock Traxxashit radio.

This worked fine for me...

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...la-chart_0.pdf
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 05:09 PM   #104
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Oh believe me I tried that. Was able to get the servo to reverse which was easy but setting the end points forget it Just to be clear we worked on this for close to 2 hours while at the race track. When I say we I mean several people tried to get it with no luck. A couple of guys that only buy Traxxashit vehicles to race tried with no luck. Also 2 LHS employees who deal with things like on a daily basis were confused along with 2 others who have TRX4 and still nothing At that point I sold the radio and receiver for $40 I probably could have got more but didn't care. Looking forward to the new radio
Old 05-19-2018, 05:24 PM   #105
Gold Star Baby!

It was a pain, I was able to do it on both of my rex’s in about 20 minutes, but a couple times the end points didn’t take so it was not without flaws.

Hey, good excuse for a new tx rx, been looking at going flysky/turnigy myself. What did you opt for?
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2018, 07:03 PM   #106
Rock Crawler

I decided to go with a DX5c. Everything else I have has Spektrum receivers which includes 2 Axial SCX10 and SC5m and a B6 and T6. My racing ones I use a DX3 Pro r. I know it's older but it feels comfortable so going with a DX5c was just the right choice. I am already familiar with the way it works and for $90 it was hard to pass up. Plus I tacked on the $40 I got for the Traxxashit gear so $50 for new radio it's just a win win.
Also working on a bridge for the new crawling club that is starting near me.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:15 PM   #107
Rock Crawler

Got home late from work but couldn't hold back had to get a couple pictures in still work in progress plus the bridge is finished

Old 06-02-2018, 08:25 PM   #108
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
It would figure that my plan B taillights would show up after the ESC blows. I will probably just go with the HW 1080. I really like the look of these lights. I still have the Knights taillights sitting around not sure what I am going to do with them. If anyone has any ideas I am open to them for the Knight taillights.

Where did you get those light buckets?
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 11:00 PM   #109
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Where did you get those light buckets?
I got them from RC4WD they are the type B lights for XJ. You also get the lenses for them. They will hold 3mm lights in them.
Old 06-03-2018, 02:49 PM   #110
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
I got them from RC4WD they are the type B lights for XJ. You also get the lenses for them. They will hold 3mm lights in them.
Thanks
Ricochet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2018, 10:57 PM   #111
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I decided to go with a DX5c. Everything else I have has Spektrum receivers which includes 2 Axial SCX10 and SC5m and a B6 and T6. My racing ones I use a DX3 Pro r. I know it's older but it feels comfortable so going with a DX5c was just the right choice. I am already familiar with the way it works and for $90 it was hard to pass up. Plus I tacked on the $40 I got for the Traxxashit gear so $50 for new radio it's just a win win.
Also working on a bridge for the new crawling club that is starting near me.

Great radio choice. Good to know your very familiar with theses radios . Use makes it easier to use it. I love my dx5c, still figuring out things with it. Very happy with my purchase.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 10:24 AM   #112
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Great radio choice. Good to know your very familiar with theses radios . Use makes it easier to use it. I love my dx5c, still figuring out things with it. Very happy with my purchase.
I agree they are a good little radio for the price. Very easy to use and it feels good in your hand. I wish I would have changed it sooner rather than later.
Old 06-24-2018, 07:19 PM   #113
Rock Crawler

It's been a while since I've done some work to the XJ. Finally got some free time so I did a little work. Finally got some stickers on also managed to get the new rear taillights in. Still need to put LED in them but they still look good to me. Getting very close to finishing up the wiring for the lights also. Took a little test run on the backyard roots and everything is in running order.

Old 06-25-2018, 06:41 PM   #114
Rock Crawler

I just about have the wiring done. Still very messy for my tastes. I may end up just running them through some wire loom sleeve I have but for now it works.

Old 06-26-2018, 07:23 AM   #115
I wanna be Dave

Body turned out awesome. Bumpers and Acc look spot on. The rear taillight is sick. Wiring is the only part of this hobby I despise and your looks good to me.

When you have a chance can you take some pics of the front and rear bumpers in the sunlight? The dark shadows are likely cause you were showing the lights.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2018, 10:17 AM   #116
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post

Body turned out awesome. Bumpers and Acc look spot on. The rear taillight is sick. Wiring is the only part of this hobby I despise and your looks good to me.

When you have a chance can you take some pics of the front and rear bumpers in the sunlight? The dark shadows are likely cause you were showing the lights.
Thanks for the comments cmbscx10 means a lot coming from you I still have a couple of things to add but very pleased with it overall so far. I really like how the taillights turned out. I used 2 different methods to achieve the nice dark red.
Is there any certain angles of the bumpers you would like?
Old 06-26-2018, 12:03 PM   #117
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks for the comments cmbscx10 means a lot coming from you I still have a couple of things to add but very pleased with it overall so far. I really like how the taillights turned out. I used 2 different methods to achieve the nice dark red.
Is there any certain angles of the bumpers you would like?
I finally got the first coat of paint on mine so I'll be along soon enough. Trying airbrushing for the first time. Glad I tried some scrap lexan first. Not easy for me anyway. It started to spatter so I quit while I was ahead.

The rear and front light look perfect shade wise. Good job on that.

Since we are running the same front bumper I was trying to see how far they stick out past the body line. I cut my fender wells shorter than yours so seeing how much I need to shave off. Guess I could just wait a little longer till I get to mine.

Look forward to seeing it on the rocks and out on the trail.
Old 06-26-2018, 01:12 PM   #118
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
I finally got the first coat of paint on mine so I'll be along soon enough. Trying airbrushing for the first time. Glad I tried some scrap lexan first. Not easy for me anyway. It started to spatter so I quit while I was ahead.

The rear and front light look perfect shade wise. Good job on that.

Since we are running the same front bumper I was trying to see how far they stick out past the body line. I cut my fender wells shorter than yours so seeing how much I need to shave off. Guess I could just wait a little longer till I get to mine.

Look forward to seeing it on the rocks and out on the trail.

Thanks again I will try to get some pictures tonight can't wait to see what you come up with on your XJ
Old 06-26-2018, 07:07 PM   #119
Rock Crawler

Here you go CMBSCX10 hope these help if not I can try different angles

Old 07-08-2018, 03:36 PM   #120
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Afternoon. Quick question on the front grill Led's and the fender wells. I am at the stage of setting my body and marking the fender wells for trimming. I notice you didn't need to alter the fender wells for the grill LED's. My LED's are 90deg from the bucket and the front rock light holes hit them not allowing the body to sit farther down on the chassis. How did you run your lights to avoid this?

TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep JK TRX-4 Build Crawler505 Traxxas TRX-4 46 05-12-2019 07:16 PM
Old School Jeep Theme Song Commercial Remake - C1 Cherokee - 4wding is fun in a Jeep Sp3cia1-K Scale Videos! 5 11-10-2014 12:31 AM
Jeep Rubicon vs. Jeep Cherokee DAGUL Scale Videos! 1 03-22-2012 05:26 AM