Notices

Thread: TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2018, 06:05 PM   #121
Rock Crawler

Default Re: TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Afternoon. Quick question on the front grill Led's and the fender wells. I am at the stage of setting my body and marking the fender wells for trimming. I notice you didn't need to alter the fender wells for the grill LED's. My LED's are 90deg from the bucket and the front rock light holes hit them not allowing the body to sit farther down on the chassis. How did you run your lights to avoid this?
The lower front grill it's on the bumper. I have the LEDs bent over at 90* with about 2mm of space between LEDs and inner fender
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-08-2018, 06:09 PM   #122
Rock Crawler

Here is the picture

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2018, 11:01 AM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Awesome. I appreciate the rely and pic. Helps a ton. I'm going to get rid of the front rock lights area on fender wells to give some breathing/smashing room.
cmbscx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 01:12 PM   #124
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbscx10 View Post
Awesome. I appreciate the rely and pic. Helps a ton. I'm going to get rid of the front rock lights area on fender wells to give some breathing/smashing room.

The other thing that is different is I flipped the front mount upside down so the bumper is higher that is probably why I'm not hitting the rock light buckets also
Old 09-07-2018, 08:27 PM   #125
Rock Crawler

I haven't forgotten about the XJ it's locked up on the down hill

Old 09-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #126
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
Here is the picture

I have this same RC4WD bumper on my TRX4 and Cherokee body but my bumper has a lot longer mount shafts. Did you cut yours down?
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2018, 09:17 PM   #127
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspector86 View Post
I have this same RC4WD bumper on my TRX4 and Cherokee body but my bumper has a lot longer mount shafts. Did you cut yours down?
No I didn't cut it down as soon as I can I will unbolt it for a picture if that helps
Old 09-12-2018, 06:36 PM   #128
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
No I didn't cut it down as soon as I can I will unbolt it for a picture if that helps

Thanks, that won't be necessary. My bumper came with longer mount rods and I have to shorten them some.
Old 09-12-2018, 07:03 PM   #129
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks, that won't be necessary. My bumper came with longer mount rods and I have to shorten them some.
Are sure my bumper rods are long also
Old 09-12-2018, 07:07 PM   #130
Rock Crawler

Here you go from the underside. As you can they are long and should have plenty of room. Dumb question but are sure you don't have a rear bumper mount up front?

Old 09-12-2018, 10:25 PM   #131
RCC Addict

I'm actually using the LURC Zero Vertical offset 3D printed bumper mounts front and rear but they have the same horizontal offset as the stock mount.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JE...ionId=64635416

My bumper seems to be located very close to yours relative to the body but it appears you mounted your body slightly forward of the stock SCX10ii mount location. My body came off of an Axial SCX10ii chassis and the mount holes were already in place when I purchased it. Looking closer at my bumper it has the same mount bars as yours. However, if I install the bumper mount on the frame in the same orientation front to rear as yours my bumper is about 1/4" further forward relative to the body. I had to reverse the front bumper mount in the frame in order to move the bumper further aft. I suspect the difference is in the position of the body on the chassis. I have ordered some of the LURC ZeroH ZeroV bumper mounts which should allow for proper adjustment.

BTW, this chassis was originally a Bronco TRX4 and the body was from an SCX10ii. The front chassis and body mounts were not changed only lowered to accept the Cherokee body. The body had two sets of rear mount holes and the rear Bronco mounts fit the extra pair of holes in the Cherokee body again just lowered. The front wheels centered in the front wheel wells perfect but the rear axle was about 3/16" too far forward for the rear wheel wells. I installed Jato rod ends on the aft end of each of the four rear links and which moved the rear axle back to the exact center of the rear wheel wells and gave the chassis a 12.5" wheel base.

Last edited by Inspector86; 04-17-2019 at 05:25 PM.
Old 09-19-2018, 07:15 PM   #132
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I'm actually using the LURC Zero Vertical offset 3D printed bumper mounts front and rear but they have the same horizontal offset as the stock mount.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/JE...ionId=64635416

My bumper seems to be located very close to yours relative to the body but it appears you mounted your body slightly forward of the stock SCX10ii mount location. My body came off of an Axial SCX10ii chassis and the mount holes were already in place when I purchased it. Looking closer at my bumper it has the same mount bars as yours. However, if I install the bumper mount on the frame in the same orientation front to rear as yours my bumper is about 1/4" further forward relative to the body. I had to reverse the front bumper mount in the frame in order to move the bumper further aft. I suspect the difference is in the position of the body on the chassis. I have ordered some of the LURC ZeroH ZeroV bumper mounts which should allow for proper adjustment.

https://www.shapeways.com/product/MR...ionId=64635502

BTW, this chassis was originally a Bronco TRX4 and the body was from an SCX10ii. The front chassis and body mounts were not changed only lowered to accept the Cherokee body. The body had two sets of rear mount holes and the rear Bronco mounts fit the extra pair of holes in the Cherokee body again just lowered. The front wheels centered in the front wheel wells perfect but the rear axle was about 3/16" too far forward for the rear wheel wells. I installed Jato rod ends on the aft end of each of the four rear links and which moved the rear axle back to the exact center of the rear wheel wells and gave the chassis a 12.5" wheel base.

Upon a second look I did actually mount my body slightly off of the Axial dimples. I also have metal washers on the body posts and brass tabs on the body which raised it up. I think that's how I was able to use the stock front bumper mount. The wheels are centered the best I could get them which is ok with me.

Old 09-19-2018, 07:17 PM   #133
Rock Crawler

Front dimples

Old 09-19-2018, 07:23 PM   #134
Rock Crawler

Trying out the SSD +6 brake rotors on the SSD D hole wheels

I didn't think that the rotor would move the wheel out that far but I am liking the look of it

Without +6 rotor

With +6 rotor

Old 09-24-2018, 10:26 AM   #135
Rock Crawler

Got some detail work done
Detailed

No detail

Old 09-24-2018, 10:43 AM   #136
Gold Star Baby!

That tint looks great! What did you use?
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2018, 01:13 PM   #137
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
That tint looks great! What did you use?

I was actually talking about the black outline around the doors the window tint is actually the Axial stock decals I was able to rub it out really smooth
Old 09-24-2018, 03:24 PM   #138
RCC Addict

Did you paint the door gaps or is that striping tape? I would love to see more information on how you did that. It really makes the body pop!
Old 09-24-2018, 03:55 PM   #139
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Did you paint the door gaps or is that striping tape? I would love to see more information on how you did that. It really makes the body pop!

It's just using the Sharpie black fine marker. Get the tip started in the groove and with a steady shakin hand just follow it around. It takes a couple tries to get to straight but it wipes off with rubbing alcohol.
Old 10-14-2018, 06:36 PM   #140
Rock Crawler

Took the XJ out for its first real trails

TRX-4 Jeep Cherokee - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Jeep JK TRX-4 Build Crawler505 Traxxas TRX-4 46 05-12-2019 07:16 PM
Old School Jeep Theme Song Commercial Remake - C1 Cherokee - 4wding is fun in a Jeep Sp3cia1-K Scale Videos! 5 11-10-2014 12:31 AM
Jeep Rubicon vs. Jeep Cherokee DAGUL Scale Videos! 1 03-22-2012 05:26 AM