Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Bronco Body with 4.19 OD Tires (C-1 legal)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2018, 10:33 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Bronco Body with 4.19 OD Tires (C-1 legal)

Has anyone put C1 legal tires on the Bronco yet? How does it look?
Greatscott is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-31-2018, 08:25 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Bronco Body with 4.19 OD Tires (C-1 legal)

I test fit a set of 4.19 klr M/T-X's on mine just to see what it looked like. The tires I have are a bit narrow, but not to terrible on the Bronco.

Perkul8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2018, 10:54 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

That actually looks very good and more scale than the stock tires.

What is the track width?
Old 04-01-2018, 08:58 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Outside to outside of tire is about 9 1/8. But that would depend on what tires you use I think. Using the tires I did, tucks the tires almost all the way inside the fenders too.

Old 04-01-2018, 08:02 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

The bigger issue on C1 is that the shock hoops used on the Kit or Bronco versions are on the edge and possibly not really called shock towers but inner fender wheels. A bigger question for your rules board or SORRCA.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 07:54 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post
The bigger issue on C1 is that the shock hoops used on the Kit or Bronco versions are on the edge and possibly not really called shock towers but inner fender wheels. A bigger question for your rules board or SORRCA.

That is a good point. I’ll have to post on the Sorrca thread to see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-02-2018, 10:27 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perkul8r View Post
That is a good point. I’ll have to post on the Sorrca thread to see what they say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am surprised they haven't rescinded that rule, it went over like a turd-filled balloon and it pissed a good many people off. We do not follow that rule locally, there are a number of guys that have C1s build off of chassis that have integrated shock hoops.

Last edited by Greatscott; 04-02-2018 at 03:19 PM.
Old 04-02-2018, 01:26 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Those 1.9's do look better than the tires that come with the Bronco. Gonna be going that route as well one of these days.
SMFtwstdHICK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 01:50 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
there are a number of guys that have C1s build off of chassis that have integrated shock hoops.
I have a C1 on a Skeleton chassis that was going to Nationals, but my Class 2 took up all the time since I figured the C1 was done. So only C2 for me. Our local group also skips the Shock Hoops and Brass Paint rules currently.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 02:48 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

That looks good with the smaller tires. I just ordered up a set of the Proline sx swampers (non-XL) hoping they would look OK with a larger body like the Bronco or K5 Blazer. I believe they are similar size to your KLRs.
Asuckaphish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2018, 05:05 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuckaphish View Post
That looks good with the smaller tires. I just ordered up a set of the Proline sx swampers (non-XL) hoping they would look OK with a larger body like the Bronco or K5 Blazer. I believe they are similar size to your KLRs.
The Proline Sx Swampers are just a bit bigger than my KLR M/T-X's. They are supposedly 4.30 tall which should look good. I am going to try a set of standard RockBeast's on the Bronco to see what it looks like. They measure in around 4.45 so between the Klr's I have and the stock tire.
Old 04-02-2018, 11:16 PM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
I suppose one could always install the shock towers and inner fenders from the Defender which are separate parts and from what I understand have already been approved.
Inspector86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2018, 08:52 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Tough decisions here...

So, I have a TF2 that I built specifically for C1 comps. Just like the last TF2 I owned, I find the scale details and drive train very impressive, but I find it to be very lack-luster on the trail and in comps. I have done some mods on the suspension, and have dropped the motor, and they have helped, but the steering is still horrible. After doing a good deal of research I have figured out that the only way to get good steering out of the thing is to replace the axles. There are mods you can do to free up a little bit more (CVDs), but they don't gain you that much; there are other mods that require drilling and cutting on the stock axles, but those mods also don't gain you that much and are easy to screw up, ruining the axles. So, I have been thinking about running my SCX10 with the XR mod, it doesn't have the scale points that the TF2 has, but it can run circles around the TF2 on the trail and comp course.

The only problem with using the SCX10 as a C1 rig is that I have been squirling away parts to turn it into a 6X6, and have just about everything I need. So here is the decision to make, sell the TF2 and get a Bomber, and use the SCX10 for C1... Or, sell the TF2, buy a Bronco TRX4 for C1, turn the SCX10 into a 6X6 and not worry about C3 all together. Given how well my TRX4 (Defender shortened to 12.3") did on its first comp, I know that it would make a great C1 rig.

What to do... what to do...

Bronco Body with 4.19 OD Tires (C-1 legal) - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Legal Class 3 tires?? Smittymark44 Scale Comp Rules 6 02-20-2018 12:35 AM
tires and bronco body help. Ragged_ol_86 General Crawlers 7 07-07-2006 04:45 PM