Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Another TRX4, this time a KIT !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-28-2018, 04:10 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Another TRX4, this time a KIT !

Installed some new springs, I picked up the optional Traxxas orange and white rates today. I only had a little time, so I just ran it in the house for a couple minutes. I put the whites up front and the oranges out back, with the 20wt oil in the shocks they should do pretty good...hoping to get out in the early am and try out the new rates.
ScoJac is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2018, 08:26 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Finally pulled the trigger and ordered up HH Revolver 1800kv, Mamba X and a Castle's new B-Link bluetooth programmer. I think I will pick up a spur and the pinion for the TRX-Sport to get a tad bit more wheel speed. I did get out on some rocks and the low speed control is INSANE, and tons of torque. The noise from the out-runner is nowhere as annoying as I thought it would be. Once the body is on and it's 5-10 feet away it is a little louder than the Puller Pro 2700kv that I have in my Bomber.

Few specifics on the programming
10% drag brake
0% timing
Reverse percentage 75%
30% punch control
Start power set to High
Aux Wire Mode, Drag brake on/off, I'll also be trying the Rock Racer/Crawler mode.
Throttle curve set to 50% trigger input to 20% output to motor. Also set it the same for the Reverse/Brake as well.

This weekend I'll try to grab some video of it running on some rocks.

Anyways, here are a few snaps

IMG_1720

IMG_1723

IMG_1722

IMG_1721
Old 09-08-2018, 05:30 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Got it out on the edge of the driveway and tested it out a bit, once the crawl spots here dry out I'll get more video of it. The areas where I crawl are a soggy mess, we have had over 10" of rain this week.

The Revolver performed excellent, the noise of it is picked up more in the video than it actually is. Sure I agree, it's a loud motor but outside and with a body on it, it's not bad. I've heard louder gear-trains on some TF2's !

Did manage to shoot some videos today.

Oh ya, I watched the video John Holmes did on low speed control using this motor and a Sidewinder 4 and copied all the setting he did, only thing different was the setting for the auxwire to turn on/off the drag brake.

HH video ----> Low speed control

Let me know what you think ?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iho5xu0yHz4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KOFaVKmR5gE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNoPTKE6mCw&t=1s

Last edited by ScoJac; 09-09-2018 at 07:30 AM.

Another TRX4, this time a KIT ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Axial SCX10 II XJ body on a TRX4 conversion kit Locked Up Traxxas TRX-4 7 03-13-2018 01:58 PM
Axial SCX10 II XJ body on a TRX4 conversion kit Locked Up Locked Up RC 0 02-03-2018 10:41 AM
TRX4 lighting kit page now on Traxxas.com ScoJac Traxxas TRX-4 18 10-18-2017 07:29 AM