Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2018, 06:15 PM   #81
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Finding out that the more I run my backyard course the more interesting it gets. The rocks & clay base dirt are still wet from all the rain we've gotten in the past 12 days. It makes my course that I ran fairly easy when dry, very very interesting. Tested a few new obstacles for the course. Now just need to decide where to add them in & find some time to install them. Here's a pic from today. Thanks for checking out my build! Have a great day!

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2018, 10:04 AM   #82
RCC Addict

It's been a busy busy week. Haven't had much time tinkering or running my rig. Noticed that I'm getting some rust here & there. Some on my hardware & some on the frame & links. What's the solution for rusting? I want to take care of my rig & keep it running top notch. Here's a pic of the underside of my chassis. Can definitely tell it spends allot of time on the rocks Thanks for any & all info! Hope everyone has a great day!

Old 06-05-2018, 12:09 PM   #83
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
It's been a busy busy week. Haven't had much time tinkering or running my rig. Noticed that I'm getting some rust here & there. Some on my hardware & some on the frame & links. What's the solution for rusting? I want to take care of my rig & keep it running top notch. Here's a pic of the underside of my chassis. Can definitely tell it spends allot of time on the rocks Thanks for any & all info! Hope everyone has a great day!

Man, that underside looks beat up, but not surprising, after seeing those coarse rocks you crawl over. Those things look like sand paper 40-grit under a microscope!
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 12:32 PM   #84
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
Man, that underside looks beat up, but not surprising, after seeing those coarse rocks you crawl over. Those things look like sand paper 40-grit under a microscope!
Yea they're pretty rough! LoL! Can bind up a tire quick in some spots. Super grippy & fun tho! That's only a month in! I'd say 20 - 2200 3s packs on the rocks. I figure if I it's getting rusty I'm not running it enough! For real any suggestions on preserving my frame?
Old 06-05-2018, 12:50 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Yea they're pretty rough! LoL! Can bind up a tire quick in some spots. Super grippy & fun tho! That's only a month in! I'd say 20 - 2200 3s packs on the rocks. I figure if I it's getting rusty I'm not running it enough! For real any suggestions on preserving my frame?
As far protection from rusting, especially since your Florida air likely contains salt/moisture, I highly recommend CorrosionX. There should be a sufficient number of marine supply stores around you, unless you're far from the coast, where it'll be more commonly found on the shelf. It can be used for rust treatment & prevention, as well as waterproofing electronics. Good stuff!
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 01:10 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
As far protection from rusting, especially since your Florida air likely contains salt/moisture, I highly recommend CorrosionX. There should be a sufficient number of marine supply stores around you, unless you're far from the coast, where it'll be more commonly found on the shelf. It can be used for rust treatment & prevention, as well as waterproofing electronics. Good stuff!
I will have to check that out. Too much $ & fun to let it get all rusty. Thank you!

Old 06-05-2018, 02:25 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

I would look into the various rust "converters", what they do is change the rust to an inert state where it can no longer rust. One plus is that once treated it will turn black. This is a product that you just apply to the rust, you dont have to sand.

I haven't bothered to do anything about the rust on mine but I've got some too. It must be something about where the skid and sliders are for the TRX-4, compared to other rigs this rig just likes to drag frame lol
HumboldtEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 03:14 PM   #88
RCC Addict

I've used ospho on my 1:1 axles when they were rusty. It worked great. Just didn't know if there was something special or better for the application. Obviously it's gonna get some more abuse. Guess I'll try one then once it's scratched through try the other
Old 06-07-2018, 11:48 AM   #89
RCC Addict

A little lunch time crawl to take my mind off things for a few sorry for the camera work. Still learning to drive & video. A stronger servo will be my next purchase. The power hd 20k just not doing it for me. Guess I'll turn it into a servo winch once I get a new one. Hope you guys enjoy the video! Have a great day!

https://youtu.be/JoCnHY2GY9o
Old 06-07-2018, 12:47 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Forgot to upload this the other day. Crawl through my lunch time spot. This is a great place to play. The terrain is always changing due to it being a storm water drain area. My apologies for the poor camera work. I'm learning Enjoy!

https://youtu.be/eC6rbVjtGoA
Old 06-13-2018, 06:34 AM   #91
RCC Addict

After a long 3 day weekend with the mouse. Thanks to my awesome in-laws we stayed at a resort & had 3 day passes for all the Disney parks. It was a blast! The girls loved it. I'm finally starting to get back to the norm. Will be finishing up the toolbox & some other little scale goodies for my rig soon. Also have some really cool stuff I'm doing to the back yard course. Got to play alittle bit yesterday afternoon. Starting to like the Iroks. They do really good on the rocks when they're dry. Will post some pics once I get a chance to tinker/build some more. Have a great day!

Old 06-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
After a long 3 day weekend with the mouse. Thanks to my awesome in-laws we stayed at a resort & had 3 day passes for all the Disney parks. It was a blast! The girls loved it. I'm finally starting to get back to the norm. Will be finishing up the toolbox & some other little scale goodies for my rig soon. Also have some really cool stuff I'm doing to the back yard course. Got to play alittle bit yesterday afternoon. Starting to like the Iroks. They do really good on the rocks when they're dry. Will post some pics once I get a chance to tinker/build some more. Have a great day!

That photo is priceless Justin!!!!
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #93
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
That photo is priceless Justin!!!!

Ernie

Is that Justin in the middle ??

Hang up and Drive
mikemcE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 09:28 AM   #94
RCC Addict

No doubt! Now momma & the girls want annual passes was a great time!
Old 06-13-2018, 09:46 AM   #95
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemcE View Post
Is that Justin in the middle ??

Hang up and Drive
Nope that's not me. Here's a pic of me & my twin. LoL

Old 06-13-2018, 11:18 AM   #96
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Nope that's not me. Here's a pic of me & my twin. LoL

Happy to see you live up to your SN on here!

I'm no Danza, and I hardly ever wear pants if I can help it. (was supposed to be Pwny instead of Pant but I suck sometimes, so here we are).
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #97
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Happy to see you live up to your SN on here!

I'm no Danza, and I hardly ever wear pants if I can help it. (was supposed to be Pwny instead of Pant but I suck sometimes, so here we are).
I'm really a hippie LOL not just a name I wear tie dye almost daily & always have a hemp necklace with some metaphysical stone on it. don't know if you know about rainbow people, but I got the name Animal at the rainbow gathering by the fire one night. While I was drumming on 3 djembe drums at once also had a 10 month beard & no hair cut for more then a year. Was looking like Animal from the Muppets. Got the name. It stuck. All my friends call me animal now. I'm also usually the crazy guy anywhere I go never know what I might say our do
Old 06-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #98
RCC Addict

I always pictured Pant Danza as a retired baseball player turned cab driver and Animal Hippie as some overly aggressive drummer with crazy eyes.

Yep.. I'm just that old!
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2018, 12:20 PM   #99
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I always pictured Pant Danza as a retired baseball player turned cab driver and Animal Hippie as some overly aggressive drummer with crazy eyes.

Yep.. I'm just that old!
LMAO! I don't have crazy eyes but I'm a pretty crazy drummer when I get in my zone.

Old 06-13-2018, 12:29 PM   #100
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
I'm really a hippie LOL not just a name I wear tie dye almost daily & always have a hemp necklace with some metaphysical stone on it. don't know if you know about rainbow people, but I got the name Animal at the rainbow gathering by the fire one night. While I was drumming on 3 djembe drums at once also had a 10 month beard & no hair cut for more then a year. Was looking like Animal from the Muppets. Got the name. It stuck. All my friends call me animal now. I'm also usually the crazy guy anywhere I go never know what I might say our do
That's a great story, not surprised that you're an expressive person. Most of my "hippie" friends are, I think that's why we get along well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post

Yep.. I'm just that old!
Hahaha, that's too funny. I did grow up playing baseball, switched over to hockey though until I broke my wrist and 2 surgeries took me out of the game. Still dealing with that crap, it hinders how I'd like to play the guitar but nothing that time and practice can't get me through.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote

AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Defender Adventure (and some mudding) Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 10-10-2017 07:30 PM
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM