Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2018, 05:37 AM   #141
RCC Addict

Default Re: AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure

Thank you to my awesome wife for my amazing birthday dinner & appetizers! Also for my RC goodies :-)

Steamed muscles, bread & bruschetta
Chicken cordin bleu casserole

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 07-17-2018 at 05:54 AM.
AnimalHippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-2018, 06:53 AM   #142
RCC Addict

I talked to Jon from promodeler yesterday. What a great dude he is. The 470 is still on backorder till the first week of August. By then I should have the funds to grab one. I can't wait! Going to spend some time getting my windows finished & doing some fender & fender flare mods in the next day or so. Maybe I can get a garage pass today since it is my b-day. :-) hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-17-2018, 08:57 AM   #143
I wanna be Dave

Happy B-day Justin, you got my present a little early.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 10:09 AM   #144
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Happy B-day Justin, you got my present a little early.
Ernie
Thank you brotha! Sure did & it was a great one!

Old 07-19-2018, 05:00 AM   #145
RCC Addict

Last night I had some tinker time in the garage. Found out how much fun it is to mount a tire on a beadlock :-) first one so it was interesting, but I figured it out without YouTube. I was curious to see how difficult it would be to swap tires. Found a little corrosion on the inside of the rim. Used my dremel with a wire wheel to clean that off. Didn't come out visually perfect, but it did smooth out all the ruff areas. Also E6000 all my fender flares to the body Again. Since I had a few flappers. Did some sanding around the windows to get the ruff areas knocked back from cutting. Thanks to Zohn for the suggestion. Used a piece of aluminum tube I had left over from making spacers for my rock sliders & super glued a small bolt into it. I Made this handy little tool for the tiny hex head bolts on the lock ring on the beadlocks. Edit cause I'm a total noob.... that's not the correct way to install tires on these beadlocks definitely unscrew the 6 center bolts to split the rim in half. I did it the hard way the first time. Learn from my mistakes!

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 07-19-2018 at 04:04 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 05:50 AM   #146
RCC Addict

Working on the windows a bit. Have everything cut. Hopefully can grab some window tint & paint from the LHS. Going to paint my roof at sometime in the near future. Also working a 5 gate comparison crawl video. Cut Canyon Trail vs RC4WD Iroks vs Proline Hyrax. Will also be comparing no axle weight vs CODYBOY weights. Should be a good video if I can ever get it done :-) hope everyone has a great day!
Old 07-22-2018, 02:52 PM   #147
Rock Crawler

That is a very nice little setup you have going on in the backyard.
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 05:18 PM   #148
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
That is a very nice little setup you have going on in the backyard.
Thank you my friend! I've been building it since before I even had my Trx-4. Building the course is almost as fun as building & running your rig. I still have some stuff I'd like to do to it. Just haven't acquired the materials yet. Looking for a 18"-24" diameter section of corrugated drain pipe & some 1:1 mud tires that still have some good tread right now. Only thing I have paid for on that course is the screws. I will be doing a course tour & my Trx overview video some time soon.

Last edited by AnimalHippie; 07-22-2018 at 05:29 PM.
Old 07-22-2018, 05:51 PM   #149
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimalHippie View Post
Thank you my friend! I've been building it since before I even had my Trx-4. Building the course is almost as fun as building & running your rig. I still have some stuff I'd like to do to it. Just haven't acquired the materials yet. Looking for a 18"-24" diameter section of corrugated drain pipe & some 1:1 mud tires that still have some good tread right now. Only thing I have paid for on that course is the screws. I will be doing a course tour & my Trx overview video some time soon.
You are very welcome. It also provides that extra family time for you and your daughters by the looks of it. Can't go wrong there.
It's great to source everything free and build what you want. I have been using the large tree roots in my backyard and started collecting rock from the local creeks. Up next is to hit up the tree service guys for some free mulch.
Keep up the good work
carpetfuzz17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 06:43 PM   #150
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetfuzz17 View Post
You are very welcome. It also provides that extra family time for you and your daughters by the looks of it. Can't go wrong there.
It's great to source everything free and build what you want. I have been using the large tree roots in my backyard and started collecting rock from the local creeks. Up next is to hit up the tree service guys for some free mulch.
Keep up the good work
The girls love the truck. The wife even likes to run it. The girls are always out there with me. They like to add loose rocks all over the place & take any clay they find for "recipes". They're all gonna go with me next weekend for a local comp.
It will be my first run with other rigs. I'm stoked! Don't have much for scale points. So I don't see myself placing, but I'll Damn sure give them a run on the rocks!

Look forward to seeing some pics of your course. Watch the mulch. Brings allot of bugs, deteriorates fairly quick & very loose. Might be better asking for some logs. But that's up to you
Old 07-24-2018, 07:43 PM   #151
RCC Addict

Finally put the Hyrax on my rig today. They crawl extremely good. Whatever foam Ernie put in those tires sure made a difference in the tire squat & the side hill. Thank you again Ernie! Getting everything together for my first comp this Sunday. Just a few odds and ends left before I'm ready to ride. Pics of both tires. Rc4wd irok & Hyrax.

Old 07-24-2018, 07:49 PM   #152
Go Buckeyes!

Hyrax are awesome. Your going to like them. They have good grip and good wear. They are my favorite tire so far.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:03 PM   #153
I wanna be Dave

Good luck at the comp Justin, and hope the new tires and foam help you out a little. I made a little larger outer foam to fill them more than the other tires.
Ernie
Old 07-24-2018, 08:27 PM   #154
Rock Stacker

Hey Animal, are you using the proline 2 stage foams? I had my Hyrax mounted with single stage foams and thought they were a little soft ( tires collapsed too easy) Got the 2 stage foams and couldn't believe the difference.
penguin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2018, 08:36 PM   #155
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Good luck at the comp Justin, and hope the new tires and foam help you out a little. I made a little larger outer foam to fill them more than the other tires.
Ernie
Thank you brotha! Wanna help me with the foam question? Are they CODYBOY designs foams?

Old 07-24-2018, 08:50 PM   #156
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by penguin1 View Post
Hey Animal, are you using the proline 2 stage foams? I had my Hyrax mounted with single stage foams and thought they were a little soft ( tires collapsed too easy) Got the 2 stage foams and couldn't believe the difference.
They are 2 stage. Not sure what brand. Think Ernie might have made them. Only got to run for a few mins after I got the tires on the rims. Mosquitoes were trying to carry me off. They seem to crawl allot better then the Irok. Are you gonna make it this Sunday or you outta town still?
Old 07-24-2018, 09:14 PM   #157
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

They are a 2 stage foam with a closed cell in the center. I make them on my drill press, lathe and router. I've been doing my own foams since my comp crawler days.
Old 07-25-2018, 07:46 AM   #158
RCC Addict

I keep wanting to call your rig "Mosquito Masher" lol. Good luck at the upcoming comp! As a guy that hasn't yet been to an event, I'll be interested to see what you have to say about it.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2018, 08:05 AM   #159
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
I keep wanting to call your rig "Mosquito Masher" lol. Good luck at the upcoming comp! As a guy that hasn't yet been to an event, I'll be interested to see what you have to say about it.
Thank you sir! I think I'll do alright in it. We shall see. I'll definitely give you my 2 cents on the comp. I'm extremely excited! Think the wife & the girls are going to come hang with me. Maybe I can talk the wife into videoing some of my run. That's a great name! Lmao! If I ever see that I've ran one over you'll be the first person I send the pic to. LoL! Mosquitos are crazy here bro! A couple times in my cave crawl video you can hear the little bastards. There's at least 20 of them that make an appearance in that video LoL! I'm not gonna let bugs or temperature stop me from having a good time. Spray down with a bunch of essential oils, drink some water & go have fun! Kinda sucks wearing pants & long sleeves in 90° weather to go run, but to me it's worth it.

Old 07-25-2018, 08:07 AM   #160
RCC Addict

Quote:
Unfortunately still out of town but you give em hell at the crawl. Good luck.
Thank you! Will do brotha! Have safe trip!

AnimalHippie's Trx-4 Adventure - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX-4 Defender Adventure (and some mudding) Mountainsofbeer Scale Videos! 0 10-10-2017 07:30 PM
My 2.2 TRX-4 Kawirocket674 Traxxas TRX-4 9 07-23-2017 06:19 PM
Montana Scale Adventure Club Adventure Series montana.matt Montana 9 03-17-2010 09:22 AM