Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: Clear Bronco body available on traxxas.com

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2018, 07:53 PM   #1
Gold Star Baby!

Default Clear Bronco body available on traxxas.com + non traxxas lights

Just put an order in. The price adds up quick with the addition of the grill, wipers, side trim, and mirrors. I didn’t even opt for bumpers, push guard, or another tire mount and it still broke $100. Yikes.

Also stumbled across a bronco specific lighting kit from my trick rc. Relatively new to Amain at least. Wish the headlights weren’t so blue.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/mytrick...yk-tb3/p758435

Last edited by Topher Builds; 05-17-2018 at 03:39 PM.
Topher Builds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2018, 10:09 PM   #2

Default Re: Clear Bronco body available on traxxas.com

I wish people would stop posting about My Trick RC's overpriced, low quality LED kit. They include very low quality, FDM 3D printed parts. Unacceptable at the price they are charging.

Checkout Powershift RC for a $25 kit.

https://store11415794.ecwid.com/****...KIT-p104313253
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:16 PM   #3
Gold Star Baby!

Those look much better, especially the headlights. Sidemarkers look a little bright though.

The features such as functioning reverse lights and the controller made the mtrc kit appealing. I don’t have any experience with their kits myself.

Last edited by Topher Builds; 05-03-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Old 05-04-2018, 12:51 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

In my experience.... You'd be better off getting the cheapo Korean knockoff Light Kit, over the MTRC Light Kit.

Thanks quality and Features are about the same, but it costs MUCH less!

Of course, if you want Quality..... Powershift or RC4WD.
PoorManRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2018, 10:35 AM   #5
Gold Star Baby!

Thanks for the feedback. Snagged a power shift set pre-order. I had purchased the mtrc kit before seeing this, will see how it holds up.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:08 PM   #6
Gold Star Baby!

Clear body came in. Here’s what’s in the package for those of you that are wondering. I was confused to the amount of decals included with the clear body, and well, it ain’t much.

Like all traxxas bodies, this comes pre cut and also has all the holes reamed for the additional trim pieces. On the flip side, if you don’t use the trim pieces you’ll have holes in the body or some patch work to do.

Decals are just headlights, side emblems, front Ford emblem, window masks, and oddly enough mirror faces although mirrors are sold separately and also come with the same decal.

And then everything you’ll need to complete it, excluding the push bar and spare tire mount.

Now that unpackaging is out of the way let’s talk numbers. All prices from the traxxas website so when available you may do better at a LHS or site that allows coups.

$60 - clear Body
$77.50 - All trim (mirrors,wipers and door handles, side chrome trim and light lenses, tailgate insert with rear light lenses, front grill and headlights lenses, front and rear bumpers)
$27- optional accessories (push bar, tire mount) (+$10 for sunset or red decals)

So for packages:
$137.50 - clear body + completing trim only
$164.50 - Clear body + completing trim + optional accessories
$184.50 - Clear body + completing trim + accessories + both sets of decals (this is a comparable package to the 8010x painted bronco body)

Safe to say, with paint and shipping and taxes it shapes up to be about a $200 purchase. Ouch.
Old 05-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pant Danza View Post
Safe to say, with paint and shipping and taxes it shapes up to be about a $200 purchase. Ouch.

It'll be worth it, look nice and last a good long time. I ordered a couple of bodies, not quick enough on the draw to snap the spare tire and push bumper.
celt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:20 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Ordered mine but dammit... didn't know I'd need part #8071 rear tailgate piece. Didn't bother to get the bumpers or push bar since they're already on the chassis. Safe to say I'll be shelving this one. Still haven't decided on the paint... either Tamiya dark green, dark metallic blue, or what I really wanna do... dark silver. Also wondering what the gun-metal might look like... hmm. My buddy who's an old school Ford junkie says the silver and gun metal will look "wrong". I dunno. Was also thinking of doing it in white and trying to do an interior with OJ as the driver.

So... Is that tailgate piece black and is that accurate for a body painted a different color?
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:25 PM   #9

I can't believe all those holes are cut. Great for TRX-4 owners using all the trim. Horrible for everybody else.

It's an expensive body. I'd say it's overpriced and no matter how pretty you paint it the "new" wears off quickly - like the first rock.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 01:47 PM   #10
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
So... Is that tailgate piece black and is that accurate for a body painted a different color?
Tra8071 comes black. But the body comes with a clear panel that’s separate from the body itself. This piece, which I just now realized when checking this, snaps over the black tailgate and has tape to attach it.

Old 05-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #11
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
"new" wears off quickly - like the first rock.
True story. I originally wanted to shelf my sunset body but it’s only been like a month and it’s thrashed, my dog bit it when chasing it and it has a small hole in the tailgate now. I’ve been contemplating chopping it and doing a honcho type bed or something.

This clear body I picked up will never see the light of day if I can help it, total shelfer, especially after all this.
Old 05-08-2018, 01:56 PM   #12
RCC Addict

PD Thanks so much. So looks like you can just paint that clear piece and snap it in to hide the black... weird but cool. Unfortunately still have to get that tailgate panel or else no tail-lights.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #13
Gold Star Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by celt View Post
It'll be worth it, look nice and last a good long time. I ordered a couple of bodies, not quick enough on the draw to snap the spare tire and push bumper.
I saw a couple other places that had these, I was looking for an unblemished push bar myself.

https://www.rchobbyexplosion.com/Tra..._p/tra8066.htm

https://m.ebay.com/itm/TRA8074-Traxx...-/401515335713

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
PD Thanks so much. So looks like you can just paint that clear piece and snap it in to hide the black... weird but cool. Unfortunately still have to get that tailgate panel or else no tail-lights.
Glad this helped!
Old 05-17-2018, 03:51 PM   #14
Gold Star Baby!

I got the powershift RC lights in and, after a little splicing, hooked up. These lights that are specific for the bronco come wired for the extra plug in the xl5hv esc. Unfortunately this isn’t your typical servo plug so if you’re not using the stock esc then a little wire work is required.

I used a servo cable from an old crapped out servo and spliced the lights to the plug. This trx4 has a HW1080 esc and I’m using the program card slot to run the lights. The internal BEC is set at 6V, I’m told by powershift these can be ran directly off 3S so they can be a lot brighter than pictured below.

Anyhow, the 3D printed pieces look clean. They holds the lights well enough but I added a little tape to keep things held in tight. I was able to peel the headlight decals off of the factory plastic pieces, trim them, and reuse them in the 3D printed light buckets. The lights have a classic warm yellow headlight hue than the my trick rc lights.

Lastly, I just noticed this slip with accessories for the bronco body included in the bag for the clear body. It lists the part number for the traxxas bronco lighting kit as TRA8035.

Old 05-17-2018, 03:58 PM   #15
Gold Star Baby!

Here are the my trick rc lights for comparison

Reverse lights
https://i.imgur.com/NytFzxc.gifv

Clear Bronco body available on traxxas.com - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bronco Body available from Traxxas Tossedman Traxxas TRX-4 8 03-23-2018 10:29 AM
Traxxas Rally Clear Body? willydethblow Non Crawler RC's 0 07-09-2017 04:05 PM